Reload this Page >

Where to live in Dubai?

Where to live in Dubai?

Old Jun 26th 2009, 4:13 am
Just Joined

Kpax is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live in Dubai?

Originally Posted by samanthak
Just a quick question, have a housing allowance of 120k, just after 2 bedrooms if possible, where do people recommend?

Cheers Sam x
After 5 months on redundancy, i just recently started in Dhabi and the trip everyday from Dubai is not too bad as long as you can hold your anxiety thats all. Am in Al Barsha right behind the mall of emirates with some pretty decent apartments on the market there. All in close proximity to splendor of Jumeirah et al and reasonably priced abt 80000 AED for a 2BR, worth a check out along with all the JBR and JLT. Hey welcome aboard.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 8:18 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Just a quick question, have a housing allowance of 120k, just after 2 bedrooms if possible, where do people recommend?

Cheers Sam x
we are in Al Sufouh, near Wellington School, very quiet and easy access to the SZR.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Zico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really nice

Hi Zico,

Sarah and I are waiting for your response on driving time to the hospital.

Cheers Sam x
Sorry just saw this now, 30 mins at an average of 160KM

about 40 mins at 140KM

But not too bad, you want to either live on the Marina side, or JLT/ Discovery Gardens.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Zico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really nice

I live on marina side and its eaiser getting on SZR than if you're say near the Greens etc. Plus on the way back you're the first one off the SZR which is handy too.

120K would get you right now a very nice 2 bed on the Marina Walk. I reckon you could get an even better deal along the marina 2 beds for 90K'ish - Ill get you gals a number for the places in Marina.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

Sarahb79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Zico2009
I live on marina side and its eaiser getting on SZR than if you're say near the Greens etc. Plus on the way back you're the first one off the SZR which is handy too.

120K would get you right now a very nice 2 bed on the Marina Walk. I reckon you could get an even better deal along the marina 2 beds for 90K'ish - Ill get you gals a number for the places in Marina.
Thanks for that. I am still chasing my tail with paperwork so guessing I won't get out till at least Aug, then 3months in compound and then 100k for single status accomodation. I have been looking on dubizzle and prices seem reasonable.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 10:33 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sarahb79
Thanks for that. I am still chasing my tail with paperwork so guessing I won't get out till at least Aug, then 3months in compound and then 100k for single status accomodation. I have been looking on dubizzle and prices seem reasonable.
I know the feeling - I had so much paper work to do in the UK i thought this move would never happen. To be honest, enjoy it where ever you are, once your out here it will still be mad, and you'll still be chasing paperwork!

I think prices will be slightly lower when you do start looking. Any time you need help just shout.
Old Jun 29th 2009, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zico2009
I know the feeling - I had so much paper work to do in the UK i thought this move would never happen. To be honest, enjoy it where ever you are, once your out here it will still be mad, and you'll still be chasing paperwork!

I think prices will be slightly lower when you do start looking. Any time you need help just shout.
Thanks again. Will have to think about driving, is it as scarey as everyone says?
Old Jun 29th 2009, 10:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarahb79
Thanks again. Will have to think about driving, is it as scarey as everyone says?
Biggest factor I find is actually the boredom...............nothing to look at besides hundreds of poorly driven 4X4s going too fast, undertaking, switching lanes without any warning....I could go on (and on.) Give it a couple of months and that will seem normal though
Old Jun 30th 2009, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Biggest factor I find is actually the boredom...............nothing to look at besides hundreds of poorly driven 4X4s going too fast, undertaking, switching lanes without any warning....I could go on (and on.) Give it a couple of months and that will seem normal though
Sounds pretty much like driving Bristol but here it's buses changing lanes without warning.
Old Jun 30th 2009, 7:31 am
Just Joined

britlion is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers Sam x
Just after a bit of advice on property rental prices in Dubai. Possible contract coming up but dont even know if it is 2 weeks or 2 years yet!! And could be anywhere.

Sorry its vague will update when I have a clearer picture.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:27 am
Just Joined

samanthak is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

I was wondering about proximity of The Springs for SZR as we have 2 dogs which we will be bringing with us, know I can get a small 2 bed villa with a garden for my allowance, any thoughts?

Thanks again for your advice so far.

Sam x
Old Jul 10th 2009, 12:55 pm
Forum Regular

grapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nicegrapefruit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Listen to audiobooks. Once I started doing that, I'd look forward to traffic jams if I had a good book/narrator.

Marina would be my pick if I had the money. JLT less developed. Discovery Gardens handy to the mall but facilities poor.
Old Jul 10th 2009, 1:28 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,

I was wondering about proximity of The Springs for SZR as we have 2 dogs which we will be bringing with us, know I can get a small 2 bed villa with a garden for my allowance, any thoughts?

Thanks again for your advice so far.

Sam x
10/15 mins
Old Jul 10th 2009, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

samanthak is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by grapefruit
Listen to audiobooks. Once I started doing that, I'd look forward to traffic jams if I had a good book/narrator.

Marina would be my pick if I had the money. JLT less developed. Discovery Gardens handy to the mall but facilities poor.
Hi there, do you think we will be okay in a marina apartment with 2 dogs? Also my shifts will be 8am til 4pm and 4pm til midnight, will that make a difference to the drive?

Cheers, Sam x
Old Jul 10th 2009, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in The Greens (arrived in Dubai on 22nd May 2009!).
FunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really nice

Hi there, do you think we will be okay in a marina apartment with 2 dogs? Also my shifts will be 8am til 4pm and 4pm til midnight, will that make a difference to the drive?

Cheers, Sam x
Hi Sam,
My fella & I live in a 2 bed right on the Marina Walk and there are a few people in the block with dogs - albeit small dogs. You see people walking their dogs early in the mornings & later in the eves along the Marina Walk. It's lovely here and its definitely a better proximity for getting on & off SZR in mornings & evenings. We pay 140K for a 2 bed - but we went for a larger place with big balcony & fab view. We did look at other places, much cheaper that were lovely too - but the views sold this one to us.
Good luck..! Hope to see you around.
FF x
P.S. Your commute will be much quicker if those are your working hours.

Last edited by FunnyFeline; Jul 10th 2009 at 5:21 pm. Reason: Additional info added

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.