Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Dubai?

Where to live in Dubai?

Old Jun 19th 2009, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

samanthak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in Dubai?

Just a quick question, have a housing allowance of 120k, just after 2 bedrooms if possible, where do people recommend?

Cheers Sam x
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in Dubai?

Depends on where you work really
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

will be at al rahba hospital, i know ad closer.
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Euc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond reputeEuc- has a reputation beyond repute

Would look into Dubai Marina then, you should be able to find a 2bed in that price range, try dubizzle.

Don't know too much about ad prices , just that they're still high, but is that the reason you want to live in Dubai or something else?

Just curious
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Yes, it is the price thing, that makes us choose dubai, have been looking at alsorts, just wanted an idea of what others suggested, cheers!
Old Jun 19th 2009, 10:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

http://dubai.dubizzle.com/property-f...-in-marina-13/

JBR, looks nice imho
Old Jun 20th 2009, 4:32 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Marina is nice. But if you're driving to AD on a daily basis, you won't have much time to see the Marina except on the weekends.

I'd try for Jumeira Lakes Towers (JLT) apartments. They're right across Sheikh Zayed from the Marina, just as convenient for A-D, and 25%-50% cheaper. Two beds can be had for 100K or even less if you negotiate hard. The bridge across SZR is expected to be finished in the next few months, so you'd be able to walk to the Marina and the beach.

My advice to anyone coming out here is to try to live within your housing allowance and pocket as much difference as possible, especially if you don't have children and don't need the larger space.

Discovery Gardens is another large apartment complex near Ibn Battutu Mall and one of the last major residential areas before the city peters out into the desert towards Abu Dhabi. Flats are even cheaper.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Sarahb79 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in the same postion and thinking of doing the same so info for me helpful too. Cheers.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 3:37 am
Forum Regular

Zico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really nice

I drive to AD every Sun- Thur and leave from Dubai Marina, I got a 2 bed for 115 its 1500square foot.

JLT you can pick up 2 beds for 75K in the construction end and JLT that is built, near MAG 214 is around 100K

Marina ranges between 100K and 140K JBR, imo, is between 120K and 150K but some are not good quality.

The drive takes me about 60 mins and i work at the cornich end!

Whatever you do avoid DEC towers, really poor quality no matter what the price is.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:23 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zico2009
I drive to AD every Sun- Thur and leave from Dubai Marina, I got a 2 bed for 115 its 1500square foot.

JLT you can pick up 2 beds for 75K in the construction end and JLT that is built, near MAG 214 is around 100K

Marina ranges between 100K and 140K JBR, imo, is between 120K and 150K but some are not good quality.

The drive takes me about 60 mins and i work at the cornich end!

Whatever you do avoid DEC towers, really poor quality no matter what the price is.
The hospital Sam and I will be working on is one the main road between AD and DHX, they keep telling us 30k from centre of AD. Personally my shifts should start bout 7.30 am and same 7.30pm. Any ideas on roughly how long the journey would take?

Thanks for the heads up on DEC towers.

I get 100k for my housing allowance so looking good for my money.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Zico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really niceZico2009 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sarahb79
The hospital Sam and I will be working on is one the main road between AD and DHX, they keep telling us 30k from centre of AD. Personally my shifts should start bout 7.30 am and same 7.30pm. Any ideas on roughly how long the journey would take?

Thanks for the heads up on DEC towers.

I get 100k for my housing allowance so looking good for my money.
Whats the hospital name, ill try and get an exact location.

Also starting for 07:30 will be a breeze.

If its 30K outside of Abu Dhabi, then the journey shouldnt take more than 30-40 mins.

But an exact location would help me better,
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

The hospital in Al Rahba hospital.
Old Jun 24th 2009, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Hi Zico,

Sarah and I are waiting for your response on driving time to the hospital.

Cheers Sam x
Old Jun 25th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderbirds Are Go is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by samanthak
Hi Zico,

Sarah and I are waiting for your response on driving time to the hospital.

Cheers Sam x
30-40 mins depending on how fast you drive from JLT, JBR or DM.

Al rahba looks like a nice hospital from the outside..

I agree if you want to save money further I'd opt for Discovery Gardens, you'd be able to pick up a 2bed for 85k.
Old Jun 26th 2009, 12:00 am
Just Joined

kaiser2011 is an unknown quantity at this point

i would say marina..
but if u work in AD.. then i duno..
me in dubai

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.