Reload this Page >

where to live in Dubai

where to live in Dubai

Old Feb 13th 2007, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Bruv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to live in Dubai

Dear Dubai Gang

I've been reading a few of the recent "moving to Dubai" threads, but none have really answered the questions I have about the place. So if any of you have a spare moment, I have a couple of quick questions concerning the living locations and lifestyles in Dubai.

Personal Background.
Married, no kids. Both enjoy sports (doing and watching), and generally having a good laugh. Relocated with company from UK to Atlanta, USA, 2 years ago, and so far so good.

Opportunity.
Offer has been made to take Senior Manager position in Dubai.

Questions[LIST=1][*]
  1. Any recommendations, or POV's, on where to, or where to not, live?
  2. Is the lifestyle open, or are you "locked in the community box"??
  3. What's the sporting seen like, particularly motor racing?
  4. Reading the threads, I guess motorcycle riding and riding a bike to work are off the agenda!!!

I hope you don't think my questions are pointless, I just want to get a feel for the area before I start the "potentially interested" talks with my boss!!

Thanks in advance for you feedback
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond reputeVimto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to live in Dubai

Bruv,
I recently (October last year) relocated to Atlanta after 8 years in Dubai, might be able to give you a few pointers if you send me a PM