Reload this Page >

Where to live in dubai

Where to live in dubai

Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

smileymiley1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in dubai

Hi,

I have recently secured a job in dubai and just wanted some advice on where to live. I an looking for a 1 bed place, maybe in a complex with pool etc?

Also, is it true that you must pay a whole years rent up front?

Any other tips would be great.

Cheers

MC
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 12:14 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live in dubai

Originally Posted by smileymiley1980
Hi,

I have recently secured a job in dubai and just wanted some advice on where to live. I an looking for a 1 bed place, maybe in a complex with pool etc?

Cheers

MC
That all depends on budget and lifestyle. If you like to socialize then some areas are better than others.
Dubai is quite spread out so it depends on what your after...quiet life or party time ??
Old Apr 3rd 2005, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

smileymiley1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definately like to live in a lively place. Without saying what my budget is, it's probably mid-range.

An idea of prices in a lively, clean area would be great,

Cheers

MC
Old Apr 4th 2005, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

It is usual to pay the rent with two cheques, one dated the day the tenancy starts and one postdated six months after that. However, you can always talk to the landlord/letting agency about that and three or four cheques is becoming more common. A lot of companies will help you out with some kind of loan to cover the initial financial shock.

"Mid Range" in Dubai for a one bedroom apartment would probably be The Greens at about 55,000 Dhs/year. That is unfurnished but with a/c included.

Hope that helps.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 7:08 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by smileymiley1980
Hi,

Cheers

MC
Hi Smileymiley. Welcome to the forum.

Like JD said, there are many neighbourhoods in Dubai that you could potentially live in. It all depends on your budget, lifestyle preference and how far away from your work place you want to be.

It is more than likely that you will be able to easily find a place with a pool. You just need to get your budget sorted and more importantly, you need to drive through potential neighbourhoods yourself to see whether you can see yourself living there.

I can suggest a few places for ya if you like. Just drop me a PM with any q's you have and I will be happy to help.

Enjoy the site.