Where to live

Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:39 am
Just Joined

Brain_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live

Springs will do for us. I do not want the villa to big, still have to clean it from time to time...
A small garden for the BBQ is however a must have.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:44 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brain_
Springs will do for us. I do not want the villa to big, still have to clean it from time to time...
A small garden for the BBQ is however a must have.
Springs or Lakes will suit you fine then, as I said the higher numbered springs are the ones you need to look at
Old Jun 16th 2013, 9:56 am
When in doubt, mumble.

Poshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud ofPoshy has much to be proud of

We lived on Springs 3 for a year and liked it, our Villa was updated a little and in extremely good condition however some of them are very tired looking after years of rental, I think Springs 14 is the newest ?.......

If you get lucky and can find a E Villa you have a little bit more square footage, I found the M type villas a little cramped feeling....but all in all it's a great place to start, try and get near one of the communal pools or lake view.

I think with The Springs if you find the right Villa....its perfect
Old Jun 19th 2013, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice

Anyone have any views on Victory Heights (Dubai Sports City), in particular accessibility around Dubai?? Our School is in that area, so the school run is sorted, but taxi fares seem cheap and short (in duration) to Dubai Marina, and equi-distant to Mirdiff and my commute to DIFC, so it seems too good to be true. Is the Emirates Rd a nightmare to get on/off during rush hour or something?
Old Jun 19th 2013, 3:45 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrBAH
Anyone have any views on Victory Heights (Dubai Sports City), in particular accessibility around Dubai??
With the Al Khail (44) road finished and the interchange with the old Emirates Road (311) finished it's a breeze to get around that part of Dubai now. Soon the roundabouts (or whatever they're doing) by Arabian Ranches will be finished and there is even more access that way, including onto the Truck Road (new Emirates Road 66). I live opposite Sports City/Victory Heights in JVT and never a real problem with traffic, only the massive Green Community Roundabout slows you down.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 3:56 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry meant to say, for DIFC come down Hessa Street (611) and join the Al Khail past JSS academy and GEMS school (and Wendys at the ENOC petrol station). It looks like a slow join because it's 2 lanes into 1 to get onto the Al Khail but traffic is always moving, turn off Al Khail on the 71 past Dubai Mall. From JVT (and I have to do half the clover leaf on the interchange) it takes me 25 minutes to Dubai Airport.
Bear in mind that Al Khail road limit is 100 Kph and this morning they installed 3 new speed cameras, so don't exceed 119.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 4:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Bear in mind that Al Khail road limit is 100 Kph and this morning they installed 3 new speed cameras, so don't exceed 119.

Thanks for that. Have been expecting it with the cars on the side not very successful.
Old Jun 19th 2013, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Thanks for that. Have been expecting it with the cars on the side not very successful.
Yes because we can't see those cars Or the cop cars with the handhelds on the overpasses. So instead of a single camera by Hessa Street Dubai Bound, with nothing until until nearing Burj Khalifa they've put 3 new ones in-between.