Where to live?

Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thunderbirds Are Go is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Where to live?

Originally Posted by Aikman7981
No vacancies are advertised for Mangrove and I understand the going rate is nearly 400k. We need to coordinate school in advance and AD is waaaay more expensive with fewer options so we're better served by a sure thing. But hey, if you know of a place opening up there in January for 220k I'll take it!
moved the other way... you could move to Khalifa City A or Raha, both off island, and about the 220k mark for 3 beds.

schools wise - Al Yasmina is British Curriculum (39k aed/year), Al raha International is IB curriculum, and is 42k ad/year. there are cheaper schools in other parts of KCA.

Dubai - springs/lakes & meadows - villas are starting to fall apart, my ac had gone, and my waterpump was knackered also, when i lived there a few months ago. landlords can't be bothered to do maintenance, now that the rents have come down, and they don't want to fork out the extra cash. Springs 7,8, and 9 are good to get onto al khail/emirates road and get to abu dhabi without avoiding the traffic & 2 year + roadworks (on springs drive) that you will go through every day if you lived in the other springs (apart from springs 1&2). Lakes has best access to SZR. Greens/The Views, my opinion is that it is the best community, but for traffic it is definitely one to avoid, as it takes 30 mins just getting onto SZR every morning.

schoolwise - dubai british school & emirates international school in meadows/lakes/springs area, but places are limited and waiting lists may be closed.

if i was to stay in dubai, i'd stay in the newer developments maybe on the palm such as tiara residence - 220k for 3 bed (pricey compared to shoreline, as they are 175k on the right hand side, again 3 beds). alternatively, you may want to go for some aprtments or duplex apartments in the marina.

my reason for moving to abu dhabi - simple: commute is 90 mins - and i see an accident every day on the road, some minor, but some fatal..
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:47 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

No vacancies are advertised for Mangrove and I understand the going rate is nearly 400k. We need to coordinate school in advance and AD is waaaay more expensive with fewer options so we're better served by a sure thing. But hey, if you know of a place opening up there in January for 220k I'll take it!
There are plenty of villas empty in mangrove. Trust me..
Old Oct 26th 2009, 5:58 pm
Is not impressed...

Aikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really niceAikman7981 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Thunderbirds Are Go
moved the other way... you could move to Khalifa City A or Raha, both off island, and about the 220k mark for 3 beds.

schools wise - Al Yasmina is British Curriculum (39k aed/year), Al raha International is IB curriculum, and is 42k ad/year. there are cheaper schools in other parts of KCA.

Dubai - springs/lakes & meadows - villas are starting to fall apart, my ac had gone, and my waterpump was knackered also, when i lived there a few months ago. landlords can't be bothered to do maintenance, now that the rents have come down, and they don't want to fork out the extra cash. Springs 7,8, and 9 are good to get onto al khail/emirates road and get to abu dhabi without avoiding the traffic & 2 year + roadworks (on springs drive) that you will go through every day if you lived in the other springs (apart from springs 1&2). Lakes has best access to SZR. Greens/The Views, my opinion is that it is the best community, but for traffic it is definitely one to avoid, as it takes 30 mins just getting onto SZR every morning.

schoolwise - dubai british school & emirates international school in meadows/lakes/springs area, but places are limited and waiting lists may be closed.

if i was to stay in dubai, i'd stay in the newer developments maybe on the palm such as tiara residence - 220k for 3 bed (pricey compared to shoreline, as they are 175k on the right hand side, again 3 beds). alternatively, you may want to go for some aprtments or duplex apartments in the marina.

my reason for moving to abu dhabi - simple: commute is 90 mins - and i see an accident every day on the road, some minor, but some fatal..
Ahhhhhh... Everything you've mentioned is what I was afraid of (maint, traffic, accidents)

We'll likely look into Raha and Khalifa city a bit more, but lack of facilities is a big downer.

If the commute to Zayed Military City is 90 min from Dubai, I'll stay in Al Ain and remain blissfully ignorant.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Ahhhhhh... Everything you've mentioned is what I was afraid of (maint, traffic, accidents)

We'll likely look into Raha and Khalifa city a bit more, but lack of facilities is a big downer.

If the commute to Zayed Military City is 90 min from Dubai, I'll stay in Al Ain and remain blissfully ignorant.
dubai marina to zmc is 60 mins.
i drive extra 30mins, as i work in the city.
Old Oct 26th 2009, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by commander
There are plenty of villas empty in mangrove. Trust me..
how much are they going for nowadays?
Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:35 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thunderbirds Are Go
how much are they going for nowadays?
i really do not know