Where to live

Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of
Default Where to live

Hi everyone
Suddenly there are not enough hours in the day before I arrive on 15th Feb, e bay is making a fortune out of me.
I will be working in or close to the Emirates Towers, need to start looking for somewhere to live as soon as i get chance, got 1 month to sort it basically.
Looking for 2 bed+ maids apt rather than villa, mainly due to extra cost of utilities on villa, ideally will be looking for inclusion of white goods but not essential, have put aside 150k per year plus the 5% fees and utilities.
How far away in distance/average time is

Dubai Marina
JBR
Emirates Hills

or are there nice areas within my budget closer to Emirates Towers.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:37 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to live

my parents have lived in Satwa for 15 years in the same building, it is lovely! fab pool everything, there are alot of nice apartments round there and I am sure your budget should cover it. Satwa is a great area to live and only about 15 mins to Emirates Towers. Why move out of town ? no point if you ask me.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
my parents have lived in Satwa for 15 years in the same building, it is lovely! fab pool everything, there are alot of nice apartments round there and I am sure your budget should cover it. Satwa is a great area to live and only about 15 mins to Emirates Towers. Why move out of town ? no point if you ask me.
I hope they don't get evicted with the plans to re-develop the entire Satwa area....
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Live for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud ofLive for now has much to be proud of

Thanks Blue Cat will have alook at that area on Dubizzle is that 15 mins walk or car? only have the map in the Dubai explorer, lookin for a bigger one but cant find one to print and nothing in WH smiths etc
Are there shops nearby? Will be joined by my partner end March and her son in June.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lookinatdubai
Thanks Blue Cat will have alook at that area on Dubizzle is that 15 mins walk or car? only have the map in the Dubai explorer, lookin for a bigger one but cant find one to print and nothing in WH smiths etc
Are there shops nearby? Will be joined by my partner end March and her son in June.
walk!!! car you fool There are plenty shops nearby and loads of bars/restaurants etc. Will your partner be working and how old is her son? she will need to work to get a visa unless you are planning on marrying soon.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:53 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie
I hope they don't get evicted with the plans to re-develop the entire Satwa area....
I think they are pretty safe, but if they did they wouldn't be bothered
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Satwa lies between the Sheikh Zayed Road and Al-Wasl Road - it is a short trip from there either to Jumeirah Beach Road & its malls, Al Diyaffah Street with its street cafes etc and the main drag of SZR. Very central. It has it's own shopping district, but is very much on the cheap and cheerful side.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:54 am
Concierge

Satwa lies between the Sheikh Zayed Road and Al-Wasl Road - it is a short trip from there either to Jumeirah Beach Road & its malls, Al Diyaffah Street with its street cafes etc and the main drag of SZR. Very central. It has it's own shopping district, but is very much on the cheap and cheerful side.
and a damn site better than the dump that they call new Dubai, in my humble opinion
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
walk!!! car you fool There are plenty shops nearby and loads of bars/restaurants etc. Will your partner be working and how old is her son? she will need to work to get a visa unless you are planning on marrying soon.
Her son is 13 my company is sorting visas out, but she does intend to get some sort of part time work if possible just to keep her out of trouble, and help pay for her sons schooling!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Blue Cat;5887955]walk!!! car you fool

Doesnt look that far on a map maybe couple of mile! Does no one walk anywhere in Dubai? Read a thread about p**s poor taxi service and total lack of public transport, what the hell do you do if you want a bevvy or 2?
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
Suddenly there are not enough hours in the day before I arrive on 15th Feb, e bay is making a fortune out of me.
I will be working in or close to the Emirates Towers, need to start looking for somewhere to live as soon as i get chance, got 1 month to sort it basically.
Looking for 2 bed+ maids apt rather than villa, mainly due to extra cost of utilities on villa, ideally will be looking for inclusion of white goods but not essential, have put aside 150k per year plus the 5% fees and utilities.
How far away in distance/average time is

Dubai Marina
JBR
Emirates Hills

or are there nice areas within my budget closer to Emirates Towers.

Many thanks in advance for any replies.
JBR and Marina will be your best bet.
you will be looking at about a 30 minute commute.

Old Town would be very handy for you and only 10-15 minutes from your work but will probably be out of your budget.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Her son is 13 my company is sorting visas out, but she does intend to get some sort of part time work if possible just to keep her out of trouble, and help pay for her sons schooling!
You co will not be able to sponsor her unless you guys are married - you better check this out carefully. Also, she's not likely to get sponsorship herself without a full-time job, unless she is a skilled free-lancer and some company is willing to sponsor her on that basis.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:03 pm
W10

Satwa is the best place to live in Dubai.

Tonnes of good and cheap restaurants with all kinds of cuisine (four lebanese, two lebanese sweet shops, two chinese, one thai, two pizza, one italian, two cafes, one korean, one iranian, one indian, salad restaurant, japanese, philipino and more) some upscale ones within 10 mins walk of my apartment.

Close to the beach, close to fabric stores and tailors, populated by real people from all walks of life, walking distance from bars, 5 mins to SZR, 5 mins to beach road, it has interesting people, you can walk...it has shops, in a street no less!!! In short...it has character.

I couldn't live in the soulless shiny new areas of Dubai. Ex-pat zoos.

Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

You co will not be able to sponsor her unless you guys are married - you better check this out carefully. Also, she's not likely to get sponsorship herself without a full-time job, unless she is a skilled free-lancer and some company is willing to sponsor her on that basis.

Well might just have to get married then, or she can work full time till we do!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 12:04 pm
Concierge

the company are going to sponsor her?? even though she doesn't work for them? and then she will have to sponsor her son? Are you sure?

it's too hot to walk! taxi it when you have a bevvy

Ins is right the Old Town would be good but pricey. Personally I think the Marina and JBR are too far out of town and exiting the marina is going to be a nightmare - they have closed one of the bridges down. I would seriously look at Satwa first. I wish I had never left Satwa

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.