Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

where is good to go out in dubai

where is good to go out in dubai

Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:42 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: where is good to go out in dubai

Originally Posted by Miss Anne Thrope
Thanks for the link Patsy but it sounds a bit bizarre...
What the hell are "traditional Gaelic delicacies"? For a start it's a language, not a cuisine. And knowing it very well, I would hardly be inclined to pursue the traditional cuisine from where the language is spoken (agus cathaidh me a ra go bhfuil an blas agamsa).
It's empty plates. Famine time.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:48 am

Miss Anne Thrope is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Meow
Delicate portions of potatoes? Or canape sized boiled bacon and cabbage? Shot glasses of Guiness?
I shall ignore your cheap stereotyping and again ask, what is Gaelic about these? They sound a bit Irish alright though the only appeal of canape sized bacon and cabbage is that is smaller than a normal portion. Also, I'm guessing this place is going for a more Scottish angle on the Gaelic than Irish? Mind you, what the industrial theme has to do with all that could only be known to na sioga...
Old Feb 10th 2013, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Scamp
It's empty plates. Famine time.
Of course, it's being run by the English...
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:03 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

I shall ignore your cheap stereotyping and again ask, what is Gaelic about these? They sound a bit Irish alright though the only appeal of canape sized bacon and cabbage is that is smaller than a normal portion. Also, I'm guessing this place is going for a more Scottish angle on the Gaelic than Irish? Mind you, what the industrial theme has to do with all that could only be known to na sioga...
So you don't want me to mention anything about blini sized soda bread or barmbrack? Maybe drisheen on sticks?

This the UAE, the difference between Irish and Gaelic will be a total mystery to whoever is doing their PR.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by Meow
So you don't want me to mention anything about blini sized soda bread or barmbrack? Maybe drisheen on sticks?

This the UAE, the difference between Irish and Gaelic will be a total mystery to whoever is doing their PR.
Drisheen on a stick is pretty much what you get in most places in the UAE anyway...
Old Feb 10th 2013, 6:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Of course, it's being run by the English...
Exactly. Well, maybe not, it's probably just idiots in general.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 10:40 am
Just Joined

paulieg6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Live in Abu Dhabi but make my way across to Dubai every couple of weekends. Where is good for 20's / early 30's types. Full of younger types getting happily drunk etc? Not bothered if it is considered 'chavvy' etc. Just out for a laugh!
Old Feb 13th 2013, 10:49 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by paulieg6
Live in Abu Dhabi but make my way across to Dubai every couple of weekends. Where is good for 20's / early 30's types. Full of younger types getting happily drunk etc? Not bothered if it is considered 'chavvy' etc. Just out for a laugh!
Double Deckers.
Old Feb 13th 2013, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to beholdSaff_Parker is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paulieg6
Barasti
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:16 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

I've been to girders a few times and to be honest I'm not sure about it, the place is absolutely filthy and I'm totally over my feet sticking to the floor when I go into a bar, it seems to start off well though, it's also very very bright inside. Of course the 15 AED vodka on happy hour is ideal for a starting point of an evening, the crowd is a very nice bunch of friendly people as well, but the DJ likes the sound of his own voice a bit more than playing music, the last few times I've been in it's not rock music, just a mix of 80's-now, not a bad place but not a place to take mum and dad either!

The bar manager is Scottish, I met his mum and dad on xmas day!
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Saff_Parker
Barasti
Oooh, you'll get slated on here for saying that.

We debated it a while ago and it's good for mid-arvo weekend beers with mates, but must leave or be thinking of leaving before it get's too dark and the hordes of ***********s arrive.
Old Feb 14th 2013, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

***********s

Old Feb 14th 2013, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Robajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud ofRobajob has much to be proud of

We debated it a while ago and it's good for mid-arvo weekend beers with mates, but must leave or be thinking of leaving before it get's too dark and the hordes of ***********s arrive.
Or the cast of TOWIE with Sid Owen in tow......run away before it's too late...
Old Feb 15th 2013, 2:11 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

mid-arvo?
Old Feb 16th 2013, 7:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
mid-arvo?
Mid afternoon.