Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

where to go on hol?

where to go on hol?

Old Apr 28th 2005, 6:55 am
Just Joined

lewisc00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default where to go on hol?

im looking to go away somewhere in June, was going to go to goa...but heard its the monsoon season?!! not good! can anyone suggest any chilled beach type place nearby to go for 5 days..and quite cheep!
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:21 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: where to go on hol?

Originally Posted by lewisc00
im looking to go away somewhere in June, was going to go to goa...but heard its the monsoon season?!! not good! can anyone suggest any chilled beach type place nearby to go for 5 days..and quite cheep!
where r u at the moment? Hv u been to Phuket?, Bali? or Lombok? Malaysia beaches also quite nice. Living cost quite cheap ... I dunno the about the flight's cost tho...
Old Apr 28th 2005, 9:56 am
Just Joined

lewisc00 is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry! am in dubai and dont want to travel too far. might try sri lanka. have you been there??
Old Apr 28th 2005, 10:03 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

sorry! am in dubai and dont want to travel too far. might try sri lanka. have you been there??
sri lanka was OK for me. Been there for 1 weeks. Went to Colombo ... I don't like it there. Just like Jakarta 15 years ago. Most places are dirty in Colombo and traffic and hassle and bassle

mind u i am asian, i wasn't impressed with Srilanka because things just very similar with home country. But my westerner/caucasians friends went there and said the country is very nice.

We stayed in a beach call Negombo ... for me beach is not very nice (compare to beaches I been in Bali/Thailand/Malaysia). Things are very cheap there ...

if u like country site... Sri Lanka offer quite nice greenery sight seeing.
Old Apr 28th 2005, 12:08 pm
Melts in your Mouth

Malteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond reputeMalteser has a reputation beyond repute

Lewis why dont u try Sharmel SHeik (not sure if written well) Egypt. Its the red sea and everyone says its amazing. Not sure about cost tho! Its def on my loooooong holiday destination list hehe!!
Old May 1st 2005, 12:11 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Malteser
Lewis why dont u try Sharmel SHeik (not sure if written well) Egypt. Its the red sea and everyone says its amazing. Not sure about cost tho! Its def on my loooooong holiday destination list hehe!!
Go to Israel, then see if they'll let you back into the country. I've always wanted to know if that's just an urban myth or not

Old May 1st 2005, 12:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

What about Jordan? Have friends who went during the Easter hols and loved it - fancy it myself at some point. Apparently Petra is breathtaking (where they filmed the bit in Indiana Jones with the temple in the mountainside). Not sure it would be so good without Sean & Harrison mind you......

Also heard that Oman is worth a visit.
Old May 1st 2005, 12:29 pm
W10

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
What about Jordan? Have friends who went during the Easter hols and loved it - fancy it myself at some point. Apparently Petra is breathtaking (where they filmed the bit in Indiana Jones with the temple in the mountainside). Not sure it would be so good without Sean & Harrison mind you......

Also heard that Oman is worth a visit.
I've been in the UAE for precisely five weeks and I've already been to Oman! It's beautiful.

Planning to go to Jordan next month and Lebanon the following month.

Old May 1st 2005, 1:04 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
I've been in the UAE for precisely five weeks and I've already been to Oman! It's beautiful.

Planning to go to Jordan next month and Lebanon the following month.
Then perhaps Iran, Saudi and Afganistan ??
Old May 1st 2005, 1:24 pm
W10

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Then perhaps Iran, Saudi and Afganistan ??
Funnily ehough, Iran yes

I've been to Afghanistan before, didn't like the nightlife.

Old May 1st 2005, 1:33 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by W10
Funnily ehough, Iran yes

I've been to Afghanistan before, didn't like the nightlife.
You should try the bars and clubs in Saudi then !!
Old May 1st 2005, 1:35 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

You should try the bars and clubs in Saudi then !!
Hey JD. You back and all in one piece?
Old May 1st 2005, 1:39 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Tami2
Hey JD. You back and all in one piece?
Hiya Tami, done 3 border crossings so far, been in Ireland for the week, got back late yesterday.
Supposed to be going straight back to Saudi, but i need a new visa and passport...as you know the Saudi officials insist on using two pages which face each other in your passport.
If you dont have this then no visa. When i get my visa from the UK i normally get 6months, but in Dubai they only every issue 3monthy ones....pain in the arse !!

hows things with you ??
Old May 1st 2005, 1:42 pm
Yes, Master...

Tami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the roughTami2 is a jewel in the rough

Hiya Tami, done 3 border crossings so far, been in Ireland for the week, got back late yesterday.
Supposed to be going straight back to Saudi, but i need a new visa and passport...as you know the Saudi officials insist on using two pages which face each other in your passport.
If you dont have this then no visa. When i get my visa from the UK i normally get 6months, but in Dubai they only every issue 3monthy ones....pain in the arse !!

hows things with you ??
So-so! Still waiting to hear if the kiddos have a spot in the ASD. I can't believe the school makes us wait so long to find out! Hubby was just here for a visit, but he's back in Dubai now.

Did I tell you I think we saw you one day while we were visiting DIC. I wanted to say "Hey are you JD?" but the kids were bickering and I was too embarassed to ask.
Old May 1st 2005, 1:43 pm
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Tami2
So-so! Still waiting to hear if the kiddos have a spot in the ASD. I can't believe the school makes us wait so long to find out! Hubby was just here for a visit, but he's back in Dubai now.

Did I tell you I think we saw you one day while we were visiting DIC. I wanted to say "Hey are you JD?" but the kids were bickering and I was too embarassed to ask.
Was I outside having a smoke and on the phone ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.