Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to go for "approved used" Toyotas?

Where to go for "approved used" Toyotas?

Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:28 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where to go for "approved used" Toyotas?

Can you get proper "approved used" Toyotas with some degree of consumer protection and comeback from a reputable dealer in Dubai, or is it a case of buy new from the proper dealer, buy second-hand from one of the wide boys?
Old Aug 16th 2008, 8:41 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to go for "approved used" Toyotas?

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Can you get proper "approved used" Toyotas with some degree of consumer protection and comeback from a reputable dealer in Dubai, or is it a case of buy new from the proper dealer, buy second-hand from one of the wide boys?
there is a Honda garage over in Deira who sell all Al futtaim approved second hand cars. You gonna get Zan a runaround
Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough

Well well if it ain't my old buddy Eeyore!!

Go on - 'call meeeee, call meee by my name yeah'

Now i ain't one to bear grudges so here's my little bit of input for you.....

I bought our cars (Prado & Rav4) from the Al Futtaim Automall on SZR. They were both a yr old so still had 2yrs left on the warranty. I've had a couple of problems with both cars but have managed to get them all sorted through Al Futtaim free of charge although it did take a little time and plenty perseverance!! If you give them a hard enough time they usually give in and help you out!!

All in all i would say i was reasonably pleased with the service though.

Have a smashing day now Eeyore!!!

Chessers
Old Aug 16th 2008, 9:53 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chesney Hawkes
Well well if it ain't my old buddy Eeyore!!

Go on - 'call meeeee, call meee by my name yeah'

Now i ain't one to bear grudges so here's my little bit of input for you.....

I bought our cars (Prado & Rav4) from the Al Futtaim Automall on SZR. They were both a yr old so still had 2yrs left on the warranty. I've had a couple of problems with both cars but have managed to get them all sorted through Al Futtaim free of charge although it did take a little time and plenty perseverance!! If you give them a hard enough time they usually give in and help you out!!

All in all i would say i was reasonably pleased with the service though.

Have a smashing day now Eeyore!!!

Chessers
I forgot they had one on the SZR, way easier to get to as well.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 4:19 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Had a look at the Automall website, and second-hand Prados seem to go for crazy money.

Think we'll stick with the Cherokee for a while - at least it's paid for now
Old Aug 16th 2008, 4:31 pm
It's what the eye see's..

Dutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud ofDutchie has much to be proud of

Had a look at the Automall website, and second-hand Prados seem to go for crazy money.

Think we'll stick with the Cherokee for a while - at least it's paid for now
Bought my second hand Audi A6 via Audi Factory in Germany in Dubai (Al Nabooda Automobiles) the Audi factory continues to guarantee the car until it's five years old or 120.000 kilometers on the clock. 8 more days and the sea container arrives in Rotterdam port.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question regarding warranty; if you buy a new car, arethe brake pads or disks covered in warranty? I mean, if you have a 100,000kms warranty, and they change it at 45,000kms, is it under warranty, or it's yours to pay the bill and choke on it???
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:49 pm
Soupy twist

You'd have to check the exact wording of the warranty, but my experience back in the UK is that brake pads and discs are regarded as consumables - the whole point is that they wear out and have to be replaced on a regular basis.

As consumables, they won't normally be covered under a warranty unless they can be proved to be defective (and you can normally only do that if they fail very soon after being replaced).

On the other hand, if you have a service contract (which is obviously a separate thing from a warranty), they probably *will* be covered.
Old Aug 16th 2008, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

You'd have to check the exact wording of the warranty, but my experience back in the UK is that brake pads and discs are regarded as consumables - the whole point is that they wear out and have to be replaced on a regular basis.

As consumables, they won't normally be covered under a warranty unless they can be proved to be defective (and you can normally only do that if they fail very soon after being replaced).

On the other hand, if you have a service contract (which is obviously a separate thing from a warranty), they probably *will* be covered.
Will have to talk to my friend again in that case...
He has a Civic, 1 yo now, and told me that they changed his brake pads at 10,000kms free of charge...And he told me another friend of his who owns a Yaris, had his brake pads also changed for free at 50,000 odd kms...
What would you make of that if you heard it???
Old Aug 16th 2008, 7:47 pm
Soupy twist

I'd assume they had service contracts. Very common when you buy new cars in Dubai, in fact I've yet to hear of any dealer that doesn't offer X years' or Y thousand kms' free servicing when you buy a new car. That's a different thing to a warranty, of course.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 5:45 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

when we were living in the springs, we used to get 'post it' notes on our windows all the time with 'sell car, call 050.........' so i did. The guy told me that our Prado VX top of the range 2006 is very sought after and he said he would pay 110,000AED which i thought was ok as we paid 140,000 for it 2 years previous..

We kept it though as i was told i was not allowed to sell it.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:10 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
I have a question regarding warranty; if you buy a new car, arethe brake pads or disks covered in warranty? I mean, if you have a 100,000kms warranty, and they change it at 45,000kms, is it under warranty, or it's yours to pay the bill and choke on it???
They are not covered under warranty by Dodge here - had mine replaced a few months ago.
Old Aug 17th 2008, 6:14 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
when we were living in the springs, we used to get 'post it' notes on our windows all the time with 'sell car, call 050.........' so i did. The guy told me that our Prado VX top of the range 2006 is very sought after and he said he would pay 110,000AED which i thought was ok as we paid 140,000 for it 2 years previous..

We kept it though as i was told i was not allowed to sell it.
Everytime I go to the Mall I get one of those cards on my windscreen!