Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to get a car checked in Riyadh

Where to get a car checked in Riyadh

Old Aug 11th 2018, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

FriendlyExpat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to get a car checked in Riyadh

Does anyone know if the official car dealers in Riyadh will offer a full car check service or what the best way of getting a second hand car thoroughly checked? I'm thinking of buying a junker Nissan SUV for desert trips and want to get them to check complex things like engine compression etc to make sure there's no fundamental problems. I don't entirely trust the checkers at the used car market on the Khueris Road.

Last edited by FriendlyExpat; Aug 11th 2018 at 12:26 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2018, 1:11 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to get a car checked in Riyadh

When I sold my car a few years back, I had to take it to the government testing centre on the northern ring road, for an MOT type testing. They then issue a pass saying it's roadworthy. The seller should be doing this.

Not sure how rigourous the testing there is, but it might be worth going there with the seller and an Arabic speaker friend at that time to make sure what you are concerned about is dealt with. Normally the seller pays the costs of this. It takes about a couple of hours odd waiting around or so.

it's on the northern ring road eastern section.
Motor Vehicles Periodic Inspection
Dammam Branch Road, Al Munsiyah، Al Munsiyah, Riyadh 13253
011 246 1220

https://goo.gl/maps/88rHeBQ7VGC2