Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to fly from: Manchester or London?

Where to fly from: Manchester or London?

Old Dec 9th 2014, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

drmysterious is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Where to fly from: Manchester or London?

Hi Guys,

I got my work visa within 3 days of applying and I am in the process of getting the flight tickets (hopefully today).

The cultural bureau has asked me to specify my trip starting point. I currently live in Manchester but really hate flying from Manchester. I would rather do London.

In the future, I would want to ask my employer to give me vouchers to buy my own tickets instead of them providing me with Saudi airline tickets.

What do you think about my situation. I want to hear some opinions.

Thanks
Old Dec 9th 2014, 10:54 am
Forum Regular

super_hans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to fly from: Manchester or London?

Personally, I always try to take the most direct route which leaves me with Saudia or BA from Heathrow, you need to be as fresh as you can to face Saudi immigration (although, I have to admit they have actually improved of late). They both have positives, Saudia has probably the best leg room you'll get in economy on any airline, the food is edible but of course the plane is dry. On BA you can get a beer but less leg room. I usually choose Saudia as I can also get points on all my internal flights and flights in the GCC.
Old Dec 9th 2014, 11:12 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about

I need to know more about you job in Saudi, not to answer your question.....im just nosy
Old Dec 16th 2014, 7:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Some employers insist that you fly Saudi Arabian Airlines. Some will give you a percentage of the cost of tickets in cash. It depends on who the employer is.
Old Dec 21st 2014, 8:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

So you live in MCR but would rather drag your ass to London to fly from there.
Mad as a bag of frogs
Saudia fly mcr to the sand direct and are good

Originally Posted by drmysterious
Hi Guys,

I got my work visa within 3 days of applying and I am in the process of getting the flight tickets (hopefully today).

The cultural bureau has asked me to specify my trip starting point. I currently live in Manchester but really hate flying from Manchester. I would rather do London.

In the future, I would want to ask my employer to give me vouchers to buy my own tickets instead of them providing me with Saudi airline tickets.

What do you think about my situation. I want to hear some opinions.

Thanks
Old Dec 25th 2014, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

man for me hate having to go thru lhr!!!