Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where are everybody???

Where are everybody???

Old Nov 7th 2004, 3:56 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where are everybody???

Just wondering why is it so quiet? Where are everybody???
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice
Default Re: Where are everybody???

Originally Posted by novita77
Just wondering why is it so quiet? Where are everybody???

Trying to keep the kids entertained! No school in UAE as you know.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:25 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Palm Tree
Trying to keep the kids entertained! No school in UAE as you know.
I am aware of that. Hey... thank you for ur karma
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:27 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

Why no school? Ramadan? They close for the whole month? Schools in Lebanon don't do that - obviously not everyone in Lebanon is Muslim, but even then, I don't think private schools in predominantly Muslim areas do that either. Interesting.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:29 am
semarang

Originally Posted by DanMarsden
Why no school? Ramadan? They close for the whole month? Schools in Lebanon don't do that - obviously not everyone in Lebanon is Muslim, but even then, I don't think private schools in predominantly Muslim areas do that either. Interesting.
No school because the country mourning for the death of Sheikh Zayed. Do you live in Libanon???
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:31 am
Banned

DanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to allDanMarsden is a name known to all

No school because the country mourning for the death of Sheikh Zayed. Do you live in Libanon???
Ohhhhhh! I forgot about that...

No, I don't live in Lebanon right now... I used to. Moving back soon though.

I remember when Hafez Assad died, Lebanon was in mourning.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:32 am
semarang

Ohhhhhh! I forgot about that...

No, I don't live in Lebanon right now... I used to. Moving back soon though.

I remember when Hafez Assad died, Lebanon was in mourning.
IC, where do u live then?
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:33 am
Banned

IC, where do u live then?
Toronto, Canada :scared:
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:33 am
semarang

Toronto, Canada :scared:
Must be cold then.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:36 am
Banned

Must be cold then.
Not too cold yet, but yeah, colder than it is in Lebanon at this time of the year I am sure!! :scared: Are you a Brit or? Do you speak Arabic, etc.

How do you folks communicate with the locals? Do you know Arabic?
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:38 am
semarang

Not too cold yet, but yeah, colder than it is in Lebanon at this time of the year I am sure!! :scared: Are you a Brit or? Do you speak Arabic, etc.

How do you folks communicate with the locals? Do you know Arabic?
Are u? No I am not a brit... and I don't speak arabic. Speak with the local in english.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:41 am
Banned

Aha.. interesting... but I'm guessing foreigners' kids learn Arabic at school...? Or maybe not..?

I never did have British citizenship, but yeah - I'm English.
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:43 am
semarang

Aha.. interesting... but I'm guessing foreigners' kids learn Arabic at school...? Or maybe not..?

I never did have British citizenship, but yeah - I'm English.
I dont speak arabic, my 3 years old son learning arabic in his nursery. So if u r english, why u don't hv britisih citizenship? Because u born outside UK?
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:45 am
semarang

Morning JC...
Old Nov 7th 2004, 4:46 am
Banned

my 3 years old son learning arabic in his nursery.
Cute. hehe. I like hearing Brits speak Arabic lol. Not something you see every day.

So if u r english, why u don't hv britisih citizenship? Because u born outside UK?
No, not really, but surprisingly never ended up with one, because my family moved to Lebanon soon after I was born. And I never figured I'd be able to claim it after having spent all my life outside of the UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.