Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where can I get value for money accomodation in Dubai?

Where can I get value for money accomodation in Dubai?

Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:40 am
Forum Regular

fritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nice
Default Re: Where can I get value for money accomodation in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Paidtoplease
Are they allowed to call one building a ''city'' ???
from ihc's website:

At present IHC’s premises are located in central Dubai near Business Bay. IHC will, however, be expanding to meet the rapidly growing requirements of the global humanitarian community by relocating to new facilities that will be developed on a one million square meter land allocated by the Government of Dubai in Dubai World Central in Jebel Ali.
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fritztastic
from ihc's website:

At present IHC’s premises are located in central Dubai near Business Bay. IHC will, however, be expanding to meet the rapidly growing requirements of the global humanitarian community by relocating to new facilities that will be developed on a one million square meter land allocated by the Government of Dubai in Dubai World Central in Jebel Ali.
Maybe they should be calling it Humanitarian City of The Future....
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

jvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond reputejvr20 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe they should be calling it Humanitarian City of The Future....
they could extend the irony by relocating to Sonapur...
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:00 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Are they allowed to call one building a ''city'' ???
and you are surprised because....
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:00 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jvr20
they could extend the irony by relocating to Sonapur...
Dubai...the city that cares...
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Paidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond reputePaidtoplease has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
and you are surprised because....
No not really, Dubai is starting to run out of surprises now..
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure there is good money to be made in Humanitarianism

The French ship-owner I used to work for made very good money from shipping French government food aid cargoes. Thats was until the nasty EU came along and told the government that they had to open up the tenders to other any EU flagged vessels and not just limit it to French flagged vessels.

That was the end of that nice little earner (getting twice the market freight rate)
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:22 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
I'm sure there is good money to be made in Humanitarianism

The French ship-owner I used to work for made very good money from shipping French government food aid cargoes. Thats was until the nasty EU came along and told the government that they had to open up the tenders to other any EU flagged vessels and not just limit it to French flagged vessels.

That was the end of that nice little earner (getting twice the market freight rate)
all for a good cause eh...
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:23 am
Forum Regular

fritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nicefritztastic is just really nice

Dubai...the city that cares...
You gotta help me understand this one...isn't Dubai Cares running currently? Is that seen as a joke?

Everything--on paper anyway--has Dubai positioning itself in the wave of corporate social responsibility, green business, and a hub for humanitatian aid in africa. am i way off, fooled by the hype?

my position will be supplying vehichles used for relief efforts in africa. the salary seems okay to me, monthly UAD $22-25. I should be able to live a nice middle-class (Western) life off-that, right?
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:27 am
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by fritztastic
You gotta help me understand this one...isn't Dubai Cares running currently? Is that seen as a joke?

Everything--on paper anyway--has Dubai positioning itself in the wave of corporate social responsibility, green business, and a hub for humanitatian aid in africa. am i way off, fooled by the hype?

my position will be supplying vehichles used for relief efforts in africa. the salary seems okay to me, monthly UAD $22-25. I should be able to live a nice middle-class (Western) life off-that, right?
for the money...do a search on here, there are a whole lot of posts/threads about it...if the figure is all inclusive it's low...if it's spending/pocket money it's ok....

as for the City that cares...I'd say it's a hype, but that doesn't mean you couldn't do it for a job...
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

for the money...do a search on here, there are a whole lot of posts/threads about it...if the figure is all inclusive it's low...if it's spending/pocket money it's ok....

as for the City that cares...I'd say it's a hype, but that doesn't mean you couldn't do it for a job...
even if its inclusive its enough to have a decent lifestyle out here
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:36 am
hmmmm...nice

even if its inclusive its enough to have a decent lifestyle out here
if you have to pay the rent, water, electricity, medical insurance, carloan, flights back home etc from that you mean...
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:39 am
Forum Regular

if it's spending/pocket money it's ok...
I have been checking salaries/cost of living, and--again, only going off what i've read--AED 25000 seems like a workable salary. If housing costs AED 8000 monthly, that leaves AED 550 per day (US$150).
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

if you have to pay the rent, water, electricity, medical insurance, carloan, flights back home etc from that you mean...
well I had to take a crap salary when I came out here because I had taken three years out of my industry. I get quite a bit less than that and manage even though I have to transfer 3500 dhs each month back to the UK for my law school debts (which was a huge waste of money)
Old Sep 23rd 2007, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

well I had to take a crap salary when I came out here because I had taken three years out of my industry. I get quite a bit less than that and manage even though I have to transfer 3500 dhs each month back to the UK for my law school debts (which was a huge waste of money)
are there "funky" neighborhoods were Western expats not earning millions live and hang-out? from my readings, the city sounds mostly oppulent, but, if i was writing about los angeles, i probably wouldn't spend too much time about middle-class enclaves either.

thanks for you help!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.