Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Where to buy a wedding dress in AD?

Where to buy a wedding dress in AD?

Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:25 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Where to buy a wedding dress in AD?

Not for me I hasten to add, but any ideas anyone? Ta.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where to buy a wedding dress in AD?

not a great choice here but there is one shop in marina mall 2nd floor, they do have wedding dresses but very expensive. May be better off to buy in Dubye
Old Jan 25th 2009, 9:31 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Which shop is that - do you know the name?
Guess there will be more choice in Dubai but might as well exhaust AD possibilities first.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading something about Wedding dresses a few weeks ago so it might be worth getting some info from there too.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...ighlight=dress
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

what about having one made ????
Old Jan 25th 2009, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou, I expect that is what will happen, but it will give my friend some ideas on what style she likes if she can try a bunch on.
Thanks Soukie for the previous thread.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 5:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Squirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond reputeSquirty Cream has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Not for me I hasten to add, but any ideas anyone? Ta.
I think the shop called Cocoon in Marina Mall has wedding dresses.

Also, think about buying designer material from Pearl Button (Corniche end of Airport Road) and getting a dress made at Adam & Eve Tailors on the Corniche.

My daughter just told me that there is a bridal shop on Hamdan Street, near Salama Hospital and on the same side
Old Jan 26th 2009, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks squirty.
She tried Cocoon but they only had half a dozen dresses and only 1 or 2 were even vaguely nice and they weren't in her size!
Will look out for the one on Hamdan street though and good idea about Pearl Button - cheers.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

A friend of mine got her wedding dress in Hollywood fashion( on the corniche, by Cafe de Rue) last year, it was an off white, you could tell her to give that a try as well
Old Jan 26th 2009, 4:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Anna, will do.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:43 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Squirty Cream
I think the shop called Cocoon in Marina Mall has wedding dresses.

Also, think about buying designer material from Pearl Button (Corniche end of Airport Road) and getting a dress made at Adam & Eve Tailors on the Corniche.

My daughter just told me that there is a bridal shop on Hamdan Street, near Salama Hospital and on the same side

Ah yes Squirty, that's the shop I was trying to remember the name of: Cocoon -had it in my head it was called Cuckoo......funny that.
My sis and I were almost held hostage in there once.......stalked until we
bought summit-she ended up with an evening dress.Nice carrier bags though.
Yeh , the wedding dresses???? All I can say is if yoU want a merangue, La Brioche is a few doors along, am I right or am I merangue(Scots joke
Old Jan 26th 2009, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Eva
Ah yes Squirty, that's the shop I was trying to remember the name of: Cocoon -had it in my head it was called Cuckoo......funny that.
My sis and I were almost held hostage in there once.......stalked until we
bought summit-she ended up with an evening dress.Nice carrier bags though.
Yeh , the wedding dresses???? All I can say is if yoU want a merangue, La Brioche is a few doors along, am I right or am I merangue(Scots joke
La Brioche behind Hollywood Dreams (if that's the one you meant) has gone . They are demolishing that whole parade of shops. Pity really, all that fabulous 70s architecture.

Don't know about wedding dresses, sorry.
Old Jan 27th 2009, 4:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks ladies - hoping to avoid the merangue look I hope...
(The old jokes are the best though Eva, right?!)
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to beholdBambi in Abu Dhabi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Thanks ladies - hoping to avoid the merangue look I hope...
(The old jokes are the best though Eva, right?!)
How about something like this...

http://www.heatworld.com/Article/779...hotos%E2%80%A6

[sorry if this link has been posted before]
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

OMG - that is quite unbelieveable!!
Thanks for the laugh Bambi!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.