Where???

Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:21 pm
Just Joined

adam_81 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where???

Ok so im in Dubai, currently living in Diera. Where do all the brittish people go for drinks?? I hardly see any brittish people where i am but i hear there is 250,000 of us here! so where are you all hiding?? im new here and im trying to make new friends...so i would appreciate ur help
Old Feb 12th 2009, 3:28 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where???

Originally Posted by adam_81
Ok so im in Dubai, currently living in Diera. Where do all the brittish people go for drinks?? I hardly see any brittish people where i am but i hear there is 250,000 of us here! so where are you all hiding?? im new here and im trying to make new friends...so i would appreciate ur help
We're all on here...

Cept I might not be british, or a guy, or in Dubai, but apart from that HELLO!
Old Feb 12th 2009, 4:31 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

there's British people all over the place really...what sort of place do you like, sports type bar, air crew type bar...
loads of them go to Barasti for sure...Double Deckers is another one...Rock Bottom...
Old Feb 12th 2009, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

There's 400,000 of us here now...What a difference 90 minutes makes...
Old Feb 12th 2009, 5:03 pm
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Deira is generally not popular among western expats. I live in Umm Suqiem (part of the larger Jumeirah region for the uninitiated), and there are loads of Brits around here. My local Spinneys might as well be in the home counties.

Old Feb 12th 2009, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MataHari
there's British people all over the place really...what sort of place do you like, sports type bar, air crew type bar...
loads of them go to Barasti for sure...Double Deckers is another one...Rock Bottom...
Thanks for the info guys, any kind of bar really, where i am there is not many expats so its kinda hard here. I have heard of Barasti on the tv lol, isnt it a beach bar? where abouts are all the above mentioned bars please??
Old Feb 13th 2009, 2:10 am
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info guys, any kind of bar really, where i am there is not many expats so its kinda hard here. I have heard of Barasti on the tv lol, isnt it a beach bar? where abouts are all the above mentioned bars please??
Try the Irish Village over the weekend, only five minutes from Deira.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 3:51 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

I'm surprised you managed to get to the UAE without someone showing you the way.

Gees a simple search and couple of days of trekking around would tell you most of what you need to know.

Is this the new generation of dubai expats...

By the way, if you need to buy food, I'm sure we can direct you to a supermarket, given some time...
Old Feb 13th 2009, 5:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Buy Whats'sOn or Time Out Dubai and have a good read!
If you really get desperate to make some new friends, then The York Club!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:33 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by admon
I'm surprised you managed to get to the UAE without someone showing you the way.

Gees a simple search and couple of days of trekking around would tell you most of what you need to know.

Is this the new generation of dubai expats...

By the way, if you need to buy food, I'm sure we can direct you to a supermarket, given some time...
Wow sarcasm, thats very helpful indeed, im sure that someone of calibre (with your helpfulness and intellectual wit) already has many many friends.
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:38 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Wow sarcasm, thats very helpful indeed, im sure that someone of calibre (with your helpfulness and intellectual wit) already has many many friends.
ignore him
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:42 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
ignore him
Consider it done
Old Feb 13th 2009, 6:55 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Barasti (Meridien Mina Sehayi) - just like a night out at home, complete with gobshites
Nelsons (Media City Rotana) - cheap (for Dubai) drinks, don't go if you don't like smoking.
Double Decker (Al Murooj Rotana) - not been in ages, last time we went it was fairly quiet.
Irish Village - possibly some of the rudest staff in Dubai, but not bad to sit outside for a pint.
Left Bank (Madinat) - as long as you can get past the annoying fat twat on the door it's not bad.
Rock Bottom - don't wear your Sunday best...maybe more convenient if you live in Diera.
Waxys - something everyone should try once (on a Friday).
Old Feb 13th 2009, 7:16 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Barasti (Meridien Mina Sehayi) - just like a night out at home, complete with gobshites
Nelsons (Media City Rotana) - cheap (for Dubai) drinks, don't go if you don't like smoking.
Double Decker (Al Murooj Rotana) - not been in ages, last time we went it was fairly quiet.
Irish Village - possibly some of the rudest staff in Dubai, but not bad to sit outside for a pint.
Left Bank (Madinat) - as long as you can get past the annoying fat twat on the door it's not bad.
Rock Bottom - don't wear your Sunday best...maybe more convenient if you live in Diera.
Waxys - something everyone should try once (on a Friday).
ok cheers NorthernLad, i will put on my best threads and try these places, thinking of going to the irish village today. You know i almost miss the gobshites!
Old Feb 13th 2009, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

ok cheers NorthernLad, i will put on my best threads and try these places, thinking of going to the irish village today. You know i almost miss the gobshites!
Calibar is nice, near the Burj...
Bar 44 at the Grovenor House has nice views...
Rooftop bar at One&Only

These are all a bit more up market...

Barasti, arseholes permitting is probably the most laid back bar here...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.