Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

When was the last time you went to the Beach?

When was the last time you went to the Beach?

Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When was the last time you went to the Beach?

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
went to the beach in Fujairah yesterday, but only crossed it to get to and from the dive boat. Live 200m from Umm Suqeim beach but prefer to swim in the pool.
Went to the beach near the Al Aqah last year - big mistake.
Oil in the sea, quad bikes on the beach, 4x4's racing each other - nightmare!
Maybe it was just an 'off' day there (it was eid), but it really put me off bothering again.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:38 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by admon
Went to the beach near the Al Aqah last year - big mistake.
Oil in the sea, quad bikes on the beach, 4x4's racing each other - nightmare!
Maybe it was just an 'off' day there (it was eid), but it really put me off bothering again.
Eid is the only time I don't go to the beach...madness
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
Yep, we camped there overnight, thinking it would be nice..
The last straw was at about 1.30am, when a car drew up about 50 yards from us (depsite there being 2 miles of near emptiness) and set up camp to the sound of 50 cents 'candy shop' at about 3000decibels.

There was certainly no 'licking the lollipop' that night.
We just upped sticks, threw the tent into the back of the car and came home.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:45 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, we camped there overnight, thinking it would be nice..
The last straw was at about 1.30am, when a car drew up about 50 yards from us (depsite there being 2 miles of near emptiness) and set up camp to the sound of 50 cents 'candy shop' at about 3000decibels.

There was certainly no 'licking the lollipop' that night.
We just upped sticks, threw the tent into the back of the car and came home.
she likes it from behind....lol
great song though...
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:47 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't been since my daughter got coated in oil the last time we ventured into the sea...several weeks ago.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

was at al aqah yesterday (at the Meridien Hotel). there is no oil and even the Jellyfish have gone.
Can imagine the public beaches around there can be a bit of a nightmare though. There were lots of Patrols/landcruisers.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by lionheart
Haven't been since my daughter got coated in oil the last time we ventured into the sea...several weeks ago.
I didn't just go on a bad day then..
I just couldn't understand why nobody had ever mentioned the 'oil slick' sea before.
Obviously wanted to do me in the eye.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't just go on a bad day then..
I just couldn't understand why nobody had ever mentioned the 'oil slick' sea before.
Obviously wanted to do me in the eye.
Fujairah is one of the main world bunkering stops for ships as well as being on the route for tankers heading to the Gulf. there is always going to be a risk of pollution from deliberate or accidental spills.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
was at al aqah yesterday (at the Meridien Hotel). there is no oil and even the Jellyfish have gone.
Can imagine the public beaches around there can be a bit of a nightmare though. There were lots of Patrols/landcruisers.
so you sure you didn't even see one jellyfish...i might try and go along with brad if so...

MM, xx
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
so you sure you didn't even see one jellyfish...i might try and go along with brad if so...

MM, xx
not a single one!
currents have taken them further north.

S saw a turtle and a small shark when she was snorkeling. also loads of tropical marine fish. she really enjoyed it.

I was diving at the same site but didnt see any sharks. did see about 10 stingrays, loads of morays and a turtle though.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:20 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I went for the first time today to the Beach Park. Very civilised. Was a bit shocked at the life guard though. I think she would have needed a rest half way if she had to run to the sea! She was no Baywatch babe thats for sure!

Oh, and MH, I'm sure you would be stared at on the beach for many years, no need to think about being gutted!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:11 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
Oh, and MH, I'm sure you would be stared at on the beach for many years, no need to think about being gutted!

ohhhhhhhhhhhh Coxy...I'll take that as a compliment...
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:30 pm

Coxy the Bear is an unknown quantity at this point

It was, till you inferred that I was a gross Cat breast feader!
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:31 pm
hmmmm...nice

Originally Posted by Coxy the Bear
It was, till you inferred that I was a gross Cat breast feader!
yeah...I did get a bit carried away there...
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

him being confident that you will be stared at by labourers who have been locked up outside the city for years without seeing women is not too big a compliment though is it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.