Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Whats our World coming to?

Whats our World coming to?

Old Jul 15th 2005, 8:41 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Whats our World coming to?

I just dont understand all this killing and anger. Why? Why do people have to do these things? Bombings, terrorism, suicide bombings..... Its just beyond me, honestly...

After the London bombings, it now seems as though there will be some back-lash....

UAE boy attacked in UK
From Anasudhin Azeez

15 July 2005
LONDON

One of our Emirati students in Britain has fallen victim to the hate offensive in the follow up to the London blasts, as he was attacked at Broadstairs in Victoria Parade.

Police said yesterday that they have launched an investigation into the assault. However, police and hospital sources are refusing to divulge the personal details of the victim under Britain's Confidentiality Act.

The 18-year-old Emirati student was attacked around 11pm at Kent's leisure hub on the waterfront, by a gang of local youths.

The Emirati victim was admitted to Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother Hospital at Margate with a broken jaw and facial injuries. His condition is reported to be stable. Police said the Emirati student suffered injuries when a teenage boy threw a glass bottle at him, striking him in the face. Another teenager made harsh remarks to the victim about last week's serial bomb blasts in London.

Police described the incident as racially aggravated, but not �Islamophobic�. Nobody has been arrested.

Superintendent Penny Martin, the Area Commander for Thanet, condemned the attack.

'Police officers have been in touch with community leaders to reassure them that Kent Police is doing everything it can to catch those responsible and prevent further attacks,' she said.

'This kind of behaviour is disgraceful and completely unacceptable. We are investigating these crimes and will endeavour to bring those responsible to justice. These attacks are mindless and only serve to make the current difficult situation even worse. We need to focus police resources on ensuring the safety of the whole community.'

Attacks against Muslims started after the government linked the attacks to Islamic militants and said some British Muslims were suspected to have been involved. In all, some 100 cases of stray attacks have been reported in the days following the blasts, against innocent people, many of them possibly of other faiths who might have looked like Muslim. One of the victims, of Pakistani nationality, has died.
source: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...section=theuae
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:20 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whats our World coming to?

Originally Posted by Face81
I just dont understand all this killing and anger. Why? Why do people have to do these things? Bombings, terrorism, suicide bombings..... Its just beyond me, honestly...

After the London bombings, it now seems as though there will be some back-lash....

source: http://www.khaleejtimes.com/DisplayA...section=theuae

It is disgusting, unfortunately there are a few un-educated f**kwits that think all muslim people support these recent bombing attacks and must be punished, when 99.9% of muslim people deplore and are sickened by these terrorist activities and their cause. These repercussions can make things worse in divided communities in various areas.

Throughout history, religion has played a huge part in wars and conflicts, I believe it'll take something from out of this world to eventually bring human beings together.

Zannie xx
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in the UK at the moment so I can't get to a computer as much as I'd like. It seems a lot of people over here (some that I used to think were reasonably intelligent!) really think that if all the terrorists were Muslims then all Muslims must be terrorists.

The Muslim community in Europe probably needs to start on a huge PR campaign to explain to people who don't understand it what Islam is all about. Only through better understanding will we achieve peace.

Meanwhile, in the UK we need to ask how people who have been brought up here and lived here for decades can become so detatched and isolated from the British Culture and way of life that they are prepared to kill themselves to try and destroy it.
Old Jul 15th 2005, 2:09 pm
Look, the bar's open

china syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud ofchina syndrome has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
I'm in the UK at the moment so I can't get to a computer as much as I'd like. It seems a lot of people over here (some that I used to think were reasonably intelligent!) really think that if all the terrorists were Muslims then all Muslims must be terrorists.

The Muslim community in Europe probably needs to start on a huge PR campaign to explain to people who don't understand it what Islam is all about. Only through better understanding will we achieve peace.

Meanwhile, in the UK we need to ask how people who have been brought up here and lived here for decades can become so detatched and isolated from the British Culture and way of life that they are prepared to kill themselves to try and destroy it.
Gotta agree with you there. I get the impression the Police and Government are trying to play the Muslim thing down, and rightly so, but I imagine it is like trying to bash those crab things at fun arcades you have to hit with a hammer when they pop up ............. imagine as each one pops up it shouts something like 'Muslim Bombers' and Blair is stood with the hammer hitting them on the head

It appears the aim of 'Mr Big" of the bombers is to incite out and out turmoil on a huge scale .............. and the more carnage they wreak, the closer they get, eventually Blair will have to throw the hammer and run ............. then the days of Toxeth will look tame :scared:
Old Jul 15th 2005, 7:24 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by china syndrome
Gotta agree with you there. I get the impression the Police and Government are trying to play the Muslim thing down, and rightly so, but I imagine it is like trying to bash those crab things at fun arcades you have to hit with a hammer when they pop up ............. imagine as each one pops up it shouts something like 'Muslim Bombers' and Blair is stood with the hammer hitting them on the head

It appears the aim of 'Mr Big" of the bombers is to incite out and out turmoil on a huge scale .............. and the more carnage they wreak, the closer they get, eventually Blair will have to throw the hammer and run ............. then the days of Toxeth will look tame :scared:
There are muslim fanatics.....christian fantatics and jewish fanatics......its not religion that is the problems...its fanatics, regardless of their flavour of religion.

I have islamic,christian and jewish friends...all of them go out with me together without any hassle...its the fundamentalists that cause the trouble.

religion and politics have caused all the knows wars........fact

know one cares...as long as the people i know are good people and are respectful, then i dont care which god they worship...and most people dont... its the individual qualities of a person that count!!......fact
Old Jul 15th 2005, 9:19 pm
Back Again

Celtic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond reputeCeltic_Angel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
.. its the individual qualities of a person that count!!......fact
and which individual qualities are those?
Old Jul 15th 2005, 10:00 pm

bookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to beholdbookemjano is a splendid one to behold

I can't get the bombers' families out of my minds, can you imagine hearing your son had been killed in a bomb, then finding out he was the suicide bomber? I hadn't even thought about these families until a colleague mentioned it, but Muslims have so much pride in their families and the bombers' families now face being outcast, whilst they themselves try to cope with the grief of losing their child. They will never be able to integrate with their community again, or feel they can grieve properly. What kind of person does that to their families in the name of religion? Nobody could ever understand them killing strangers, they must have needed psychiatric help, but to effectively kill their family in this way? I only hope that during the course of the 'repair' process someone tries to give them help as well, they are as innocent in all this as the passengers on the trains and bus.
Old Jul 16th 2005, 4:48 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
know one cares...as long as the people i know are good people and are respectful, then i dont care which god they worship...and most people dont... its the individual qualities of a person that count!!......fact
Thats absolutely true, well put JD!

Zannie xx
Old Jul 16th 2005, 8:53 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

All this intellectual input is great. Its brilliant.

This thread is turning out to be an excellent read. Lets keep those intellectual juices flowing....
Old Jul 16th 2005, 12:35 pm
W10

There are idiots in every culture, every country and every creed.

Old Jul 16th 2005, 2:29 pm
Restless soul

Happiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to beholdHappiness is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Face81]I just dont understand all this killing and anger. Why? Why do people have to do these things? Bombings, terrorism, suicide bombings..... Its just beyond me, honestly...

Y'know, I agree...what is the world coming to. It's not just extremism from so called 'islamists' it's whats happening all over what with americas big cheese hell bent on killing innocent people in the Middle East, It's the Israelies and palestinians and then there's the african tribe things going on again on the Kenyan/Ethiopian border......The whole world is becoming too extreme and it needs to wake up before it destroys itself.

I did the two minute silence last Thursday at work and it was the first time I cried from doing something like that, but I realised that I wasn't crying just for the victims of the London bombings, but from the state the world is in. It's worse than I have ever remembered it, even though Im only 23, still seems a tragic state we are in. The world is changing fast
Old Jul 16th 2005, 7:32 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by samireh
Y'know, I agree...what is the world coming to. It's not just extremism from so called 'islamists' it's whats happening all over what with americas big cheese hell bent on killing innocent people in the Middle East, It's the Israelies and palestinians and then there's the african tribe things going on again on the Kenyan/Ethiopian border......The whole world is becoming too extreme and it needs to wake up before it destroys itself.

I did the two minute silence last Thursday at work and it was the first time I cried from doing something like that, but I realised that I wasn't crying just for the victims of the London bombings, but from the state the world is in. It's worse than I have ever remembered it, even though Im only 23, still seems a tragic state we are in. The world is changing fast
it really makes you wonder, doesnt it?

The World isnt what it used to be.... tis probably one of the most trying times in the history of mankind.