Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's happening with Sahm?

What's happening with Sahm?

Old May 30th 2005, 1:49 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default What's happening with Sahm?

According to the letter I got this week, all my telecoms and TV services and support will now be provided by DIC Telecom. So what's happened to Sahm? Don't suppose this means better value for broadband in future?
Old May 30th 2005, 1:55 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's happening with Sahm?

Originally Posted by GarethR
According to the letter I got this week, all my telecoms and TV services and support will now be provided by DIC Telecom. So what's happened to Sahm? Don't suppose this means better value for broadband in future?
Dunno, but i find the connection at DIC fast as ****!!
Old May 30th 2005, 2:07 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Dunno, but i find the connection at DIC fast as ****!!

I think, as usual around here, that Emaar, being the bunch of ****ing morons that they are, figured they could create their own little internet and telecom company to serve their buildings without having a clue as to what it takes to actually do this, hence, the useless company 'sahm'.

I have had nothing but bad service and ridiculous tariffs from sahm, and frankly, every phone encounter i've had was a disaster and i'm honestly happy to think that the maybe people that told me 'we're the only provider so you have to pay what we want' and 'ok we'll send someone over to look at it but they won't be able to come for 3-6 days' is jobless now.

Not that I know much about DIC telecom, but I imagine that the tenants there (internet and media companies) are much less tolerant of shitty service, and hopefully at the least we can get the service we deserve with the high rates.

I think this switch is a realization by Emaar that even at 40% occupancy Sahm couldn't satisfy half of the people actually living at their properties, and realized that it was a better idea to hand it over to somebody experienced.
Old May 30th 2005, 2:10 pm
W10

DITMC or whatever it's called has bought Sahm from Emaar.

Basically Internet/Media City is the one being lined up to be the 'competitor' for Etisalat.

So more of the same from the 'competition' in terms of price. Very predictable.

Edit to add: Hopefully it will be a better service though. Sahm is truly appalling. I have downgraded from 512k to 64k net access because it doesn't go more than 82k when I speedtest it and my home phone still doesn't work.

Last edited by W10; May 30th 2005 at 2:12 pm.

Old May 30th 2005, 2:11 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TA5
I think, as usual around here, that Emaar, being the bunch of ****ing morons that they are, figured they could create their own little internet and telecom company to serve their buildings without having a clue as to what it takes to actually do this, hence, the useless company 'sahm'.

I have had nothing but bad service and ridiculous tariffs from sahm, and frankly, every phone encounter i've had was a disaster and i'm honestly happy to think that the maybe people that told me 'we're the only provider so you have to pay what we want' and 'ok we'll send someone over to look at it but they won't be able to come for 3-6 days' is jobless now.

Not that I know much about DIC telecom, but I imagine that the tenants there (internet and media companies) are much less tolerant of shitty service, and hopefully at the least we can get the service we deserve with the high rates.

I think this switch is a realization by Emaar that even at 40% occupancy Sahm couldn't satisfy half of the people actually living at their properties, and realized that it was a better idea to hand it over to somebody experienced.
DIC Telecom support the likes of IBM, Microsoft, SUN,EMC, and Siemens...................you can imagine what kind of SLA's those boys have made them put in place.
If DIC lost internet the companies here would loose millions of dollars per hour.

I can assure you that the service should be better than sahm.

Rgds
JD
Old May 30th 2005, 2:57 pm
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
DIC Telecom support the likes of IBM, Microsoft, SUN,EMC, and Siemens...................you can imagine what kind of SLA's those boys have made them put in place.
If DIC lost internet the companies here would loose millions of dollars per hour.

I can assure you that the service should be better than sahm.

Rgds
JD
Exactly
Old May 30th 2005, 6:47 pm
Princess

Jamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud ofJamila has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by W10
Edit to add: Hopefully it will be a better service though. Sahm is truly appalling. I have downgraded from 512k to 64k net access because it doesn't go more than 82k when I speedtest it and my home phone still doesn't work.
This is quite interesting. We have 65k access and speedtest always shows above 79k

Very happy that it is changing, though. Have to call them every month in order to get their billing straight, even though they are supposed to charge it to cc automatically. Not once did they get it right!