Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Hey Trace, the reason that it is so quiet is because an unofficial deal was struck between the village people and the police.

If the latter dont enter the villages during Ashura then the village people wont blow anything up or set the roads on fire during Ashura

Ashura ends a week today so lets see what happens a week Friday.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

http://www.haaretz.com/news/middle-e...bassy-1.399417

What's this all about then? It's not mentioned in much of the british media.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

small explosion in a mini van outside of the brit embassy. Peeled back the sliding door, drivers door and fecked the drivers side suspension. No damage to embassy wall.

Very minor incident but could be a sign of things to come. They will no doubt learn from their mistakes and make the thing work next time. Obviously the Iranian influenced disloyal are not very happy with the British at the moment.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 11:10 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16122928

Possibly related
Old Dec 4th 2011, 11:37 am
Some say, he adores KSA

iamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud ofiamthestig has much to be proud of

BBC have finally woken up to the story, "Breaking News"
Old Dec 4th 2011, 12:16 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
small explosion in a mini van outside of the brit embassy. Peeled back the sliding door, drivers door and fecked the drivers side suspension. No damage to embassy wall.

Very minor incident but could be a sign of things to come. They will no doubt learn from their mistakes and make the thing work next time. Obviously the Iranian influenced disloyal are not very happy with the British at the moment.
Guess this was last night. Pretty loud over here near Palace Road. This will "prove the government right" about Irans involvement
Old Dec 4th 2011, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Yes..sounds quite ominous. And to think it's almost just a year ago since I was down watching the tenth day of Azhura in the souk, chit chatting with an agent pretending to be interviewing for a book, as if I could pose a security risk. How things have changed. Had I still been in Bahrain, I'd hardly want to go down for it this year..
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Guess this was last night. Pretty loud over here near Palace Road. This will "prove the government right" about Irans involvement
Yep just after midnight. MOI confirm bomb was placed under the vehicle and not in it so watch out for any disloyals scuffling about under your Ford explorers folks
Old Dec 5th 2011, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep just after midnight. MOI confirm bomb was placed under the vehicle and not in it so watch out for any disloyals scuffling about under your Ford explorers folks
In fact this is just teetering on the edge of the good old days of the Northern Ireland troubles where our now Roman Catholic friends would attach things that go bang to cars.

Of course 1 small home made banger-me-bob under a transit van (wanted to call it a Tranny van as we used to but language has changed hey) has had the desired effect of sowing the seeds of terror in peoples minds and now has sane people thinking about where could the next one be. The insane or chronically alcohol abused still profess that all expats will remain safe forever and that the Iranians are not a problem and indeed are our friends

Wake up expats or drink more Gin hey
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

In fact this is just teetering on the edge of the good old days of the Northern Ireland troubles where our now Roman Catholic friends would attach things that go bang to cars.

Of course 1 small home made banger-me-bob under a transit van (wanted to call it a Tranny van as we used to but language has changed hey) has had the desired effect of sowing the seeds of terror in peoples minds and now has sane people thinking about where could the next one be. The insane or chronically alcohol abused still profess that all expats will remain safe forever and that the Iranians are not a problem and indeed are our friends

Wake up expats or drink more Gin hey
Are you still thinking about doing the off? Do you think this incident is a game changer or just a bunch of amateurs? (50 metres away from the building and from the damage it looks like they only used 5 packets of "caps"!) Some are suggesting that the area was sealed off a few hours beforehand.

The hardcore at the Dilmun will not be moved from this island no matter what happens, it's Carry on Up the Khyber in there....
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

We are negotiating our "off" anyway Ron. The shotgun in the face was the final straw for me. Trying to secure something suitable before we just say **** it and leave anyway.
Lots of reasonable paying jobs about but have got used to the semi decent stuff so may be a little more protracted.

The explosion was symbollic but this may be an indicator of growing confidence amongst the disloyal. Previous explosions have been restricted to the houses of low-key government and military personnel. This is upping the stakes a little

I will happily leave the Dilmun die hards to their blissful ignorance.

So lets see

Wife steering around burning-tyre roadblocks to pick up the kids from nursery
Oil on the roads
Violent protests
Gas cylinder bombs within ear shot and one that rattled the windows
Tear gas the dilly
Shotgun in the face
hmmm. I think this has reached an abnormal enough state to say that are quieter options available lol
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Are you still thinking about doing the off? Do you think this incident is a game changer or just a bunch of amateurs? (50 metres away from the building and from the damage it looks like they only used 5 packets of "caps"!) Some are suggesting that the area was sealed off a few hours beforehand.

The hardcore at the Dilmun will not be moved from this island no matter what happens, it's Carry on Up the Khyber in there....
Interesting that you made that point Ron, some of my guys were saying that it was done by the MOI themselves to brainwash the West that the unrest IS attached to Iran due to what went on at the embassy their. Have you heard that theory ?
I hear the Sunni's have been throwing stones and rocks at the Shias during Ashura and smashing their car windows in Manama during the procession.
I don't think I would want to mess with all them swords apparently 175,000 of them their today !!
Old Dec 5th 2011, 6:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
Interesting that you made that point Ron, some of my guys were saying that it was done by the MOI themselves to brainwash the West that the unrest IS attached to Iran due to what went on at the embassy their. Have you heard that theory ?
I hear the Sunni's have been throwing stones and rocks at the Shias during Ashura and smashing their car windows in Manama during the procession.
I don't think I would want to mess with all them swords apparently 175,000 of them their today !!
Lmao, by rights you shouldnt believe anything anyone says anymore, especially shias.
As my time here as made me somewhat anti shia, I will side with the government and say that this is all down to the Bahraini Hezbollah and the Iranians.
Just back from Oman and a chap I was natting with there told me that the pesky Shias are trying to interfere in Oman as well.... or is the Emiratis pretending to be Shias ?

Please send all the paranoid skitzos to the ME, they will have a wail of a time here thinking there is an Iranian behind every corner
Old Dec 6th 2011, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Was reading a good article by a liberal Saudi in arabnews pressing for reforms. Basically he's saying time to move forward (lashing, women driving etc) so not tarred with the same brush as Iran. He's not saying it in those exact words...oh he almost did. Call a spade a spade...

http://arabnews.com/opinion/letters/article536124.ece

Saudi Arabia is not Iran or any repressive regime; instead, it is a civilized country that is a member of the G20, an important member of the World Trade Organization (WTO), and more importantly, one of the most stable economic and political countries in this ever-changing and unstable world.
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by saudiflares
Was reading a good article by a liberal Saudi in arabnews pressing for reforms. Basically he's saying time to move forward (lashing, women driving etc) so not tarred with the same brush as Iran. He's not saying it in those exact words...oh he almost did. Call a spade a spade...

http://arabnews.com/opinion/letters/article536124.ece

Saudi Arabia is not Iran or any repressive regime; instead, it is a civilized country that is a member of the G20, an important member of the World Trade Organization (WTO), and more importantly, one of the most stable economic and political countries in this ever-changing and unstable world.
Watched a documentary following one of the Saudi princes around not so long ago. There seems to be some, if not fully committed, initiative to join the 17th century at least.

But I guess Saudi can always rely on oil and pilgrims to keep export and 'tourism' figures relatively stable..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.