Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Old Nov 23rd 2011, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
4:30pm, tire burning..explosions all around Palace Road..quiet for awhile..after report..but started again around 9pm..locals are some what optimistic about report..but something concrete needs to come out or I think pressure will become intense again
Huge explosion shook the windows and doors about an hour ago - the biggest one yet. Relative calm since then. Now debating whether to let the kids go to school tomorrow or not.....
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Jeez Ronnie, loads on the brit embassy facebook about that big explosion. Now you know we are only 1km apart as the crow flies and we didnt hear a thing in the green zone. Plenty of others moaning about choking on tear gas but again not a sniff tonight

Still overall its quiet night

Wonder if the are saving up all those stolen gas cylinders for Friday after prayers
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Jeez Ronnie, loads on the brit embassy facebook about that big explosion. Now you know we are only 1km apart as the crow flies and we didnt hear a thing in the green zone. Plenty of others moaning about choking on tear gas but again not a sniff tonight

Still overall its quiet night

Wonder if the are saving up all those stolen gas cylinders for Friday after prayers
It must have been so close to us as it made the whole house shudder. Probably a gas cylinder but I can't see how a gas cylinder could generate that kind of force? I looked out the window expecting to see a building on fire....
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:17 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
It must have been so close to us as it made the whole house shudder. Probably a gas cylinder but I can't see how a gas cylinder could generate that kind of force? I looked out the window expecting to see a building on fire....
maybe it was your neighbours meth lab?
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by norsk
maybe it was your neighbours meth lab?
Well I live next door to two petrophysicists so maybe you're right...
Old Nov 23rd 2011, 7:32 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Well I live next door to two petrophysicists so maybe you're right...

by the way you should invest in some pipe, a big bag of fertilizer and some sugar and then go and show the disloyals how to make proper bombs instead of wasting gas bottles...oh and add washing powder and bit of petrol into the mix for the napalm effect...
Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

by the way you should invest in some pipe, a big bag of fertilizer and some sugar and then go and show the disloyals how to make proper bombs instead of wasting gas bottles...oh and add washing powder and bit of petrol into the mix for the napalm effect...

For a peace loving Scandi, you know too much about homemade explosives!Only a few fireworks going off in the distance so far tonight - must be a night off. Have you checked out the report yet by the way? I went straight to the conclusion and the appendices detailing individual cases. There is no doubting the honesty of those who compiled it as it seems there are no punches pulled....
Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:53 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

For a peace loving Scandi, you know too much about homemade explosives!Only a few fireworks going off in the distance so far tonight - must be a night off. Have you checked out the report yet by the way? I went straight to the conclusion and the appendices detailing individual cases. There is no doubting the honesty of those who compiled it as it seems there are no punches pulled....
i learnt about a lot of things beside tying knots as a boyscout and then in the army we were taught how to improvise explosives. i was based in a location which in a war situation would be completely isolated from any supply chain so we would be expected to resist the agressors as best we could...

i started reading a little bit, but my god it is detailed. very interesting about the background information on bahrain though. colourful history and all that.

yeah they are certainly not holding back. this is a good thing, and i think the government were very clever when they initiated the report using externals with a reputation for integrity. one of their few saving graces to be honest. it looks from reading the report like there is a lot of people who took the opportunity to inflict some pain on their "enemies" when they had the chance, but i'm not sure it be used to conclude the government actively encouraged the behaviour. i definitely don't sympathise with the disloyals in any way shape or form, but some of the stuff the people in charge got up to is not good..

when is ashura kicking off by the way? is it this weekend? that's going to be very interesting isn't it..
Old Nov 24th 2011, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

i learnt about a lot of things beside tying knots as a boyscout and then in the army we were taught how to improvise explosives. i was based in a location which in a war situation would be completely isolated from any supply chain so we would be expected to resist the agressors as best we could...

i started reading a little bit, but my god it is detailed. very interesting about the background information on bahrain though. colourful history and all that.

yeah they are certainly not holding back. this is a good thing, and i think the government were very clever when they initiated the report using externals with a reputation for integrity. one of their few saving graces to be honest. it looks from reading the report like there is a lot of people who took the opportunity to inflict some pain on their "enemies" when they had the chance, but i'm not sure it be used to conclude the government actively encouraged the behaviour. i definitely don't sympathise with the disloyals in any way shape or form, but some of the stuff the people in charge got up to is not good..

when is ashura kicking off by the way? is it this weekend? that's going to be very interesting isn't it..
I think it's December 1st mate. Have heard from someone on the inside that those 10 days may well be be the barometer for what is to come, particularly in light of the committee's findings. Nothing in the report surprised too many people (unless you thought hundreds of people were somehow coming up with exactly the same lie) and personally I think the report itself is less important than the response that both sides make to it. Otherwise it's just a bit of Jackanory, followed by some posturing and nothing more...
Old Nov 28th 2011, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Well - we are here and must be in the "green zone" - have heard a couple of pops and bangs but nothing much else.

We are very near the BSB in what seems to be a very quiet area - some seem to call it Hamala and some Janabiya so to be honest not sure where we are but hey ho

Once again thanks to everyone who advised us before we got here - we certainly seem to have located to one of the better areas.

Sorry to read you are off to pastures new Tockalosh!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace
Well - we are here and must be in the "green zone" - have heard a couple of pops and bangs but nothing much else.

We are very near the BSB in what seems to be a very quiet area - some seem to call it Hamala and some Janabiya so to be honest not sure where we are but hey ho

Once again thanks to everyone who advised us before we got here - we certainly seem to have located to one of the better areas.

Welcome to Bahrain Trace, it has been very quiet since the launch of the BICI report, well unless you live in Sitra lol. Can't quite figure out why really. I reckon they are stockpiling for Ashura personally but hey ho been wrong before

I think you may actually be living in Al Jasra, just to confuse the issue. Its fine there.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

Welcome to Bahrain Trace, you have arrived bringing the English weather with you...nice one! I hope you settle in okay, I take it you are living their due to getting your son into BSB in the end.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Hey the weather was good when we arrived - am most disappointed with the cloud and rain!! But I am told its about 2 degrees in the UK so we cant really complain.

Yes got them both into BSB - started last week - although so many holidays this half term am not sure what I am paying for but hey ho.

Am now really confused about where we live! We are very near Hamala Views if anyone knows that.
Old Nov 29th 2011, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey the weather was good when we arrived - am most disappointed with the cloud and rain!! But I am told its about 2 degrees in the UK so we cant really complain.

Yes got them both into BSB - started last week - although so many holidays this half term am not sure what I am paying for but hey ho.

Am now really confused about where we live! We are very near Hamala Views if anyone knows that.
Yep its Al Jasra, I reckon or could be Sitra
Old Nov 29th 2011, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Feels like Scotland at the moment! Whats with the rain and gale force winds - not what I signed up for!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.