Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Old Dec 17th 2011, 2:00 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

They burnt or blew up a Police SUV earlier across from Ras Rumman on Palace Road..Saw black smoke and figured it was tire burning. Compound covered in tear gas...Drove by and a burnt shell of car was there and road blocked off...I love the smell of tear gas in the morning..smells like..
Old Dec 17th 2011, 4:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
They burnt or blew up a Police SUV earlier across from Ras Rumman on Palace Road..Saw black smoke and figured it was tire burning. Compound covered in tear gas...Drove by and a burnt shell of car was there and road blocked off...I love the smell of tear gas in the morning..smells like..
When you hear the cheerful "WHUPP!" of a Huey and get a whiff of napalm or even Hot Soup (Tide and petrol mixed together...) perhaps it might be time for Exit Lines....
Old Dec 17th 2011, 4:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Have been exposed to tear gas 5 or 6 times now - makes you wonder if there are any effects from repeated exposure. Seriously thinking enough is enough now. Tocks - I know you're a pro at the "when to bail out" game. Are we nearly there yet?
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Nowhere near yet Ronnie, we are planning the move as wife and i have had enough.
This is all still low level annoyance stuff for the majority. Had the windows rattle 20 mins ago with another gas cylinder bomb.

Be aware gas bombs were thrown into adhari park as the loyals were celebrating national day. That could be a call to arms.

I like the way the ambassador has called it a torrid day lol

On a plus note we have found an expedition prepped defender 110 in the uk and are thinking of taking the kids on a road trip when we get out
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Re tear gas exposure........don't worry unless you or kids are asthmatics.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Re tear gas exposure........don't worry unless you or kids are asthmatics.
Nope, we're all ok then - cheers for the info.

Getting to be a bit annoying that I can't walk the dog in the evening as I don't know what chemicals are blowing round the compound until I get out there. Generally speaking Budaiya is the new troublespot - everyone should avoid it now. Seen some pretty awful videos in the last couple of days that seem to suggest no one was listening in the "everybody just calm the **** down" seminars of a week or two back....

Oh well, back to the rugby club for a Heineken and a rinse of the tear ducts....
Old Dec 18th 2011, 7:04 am
BE Enthusiast

spartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of lightspartans53 is a glorious beacon of light

Hope its quite on Wednesday night. In for a quick visit on my way home from Jeddah.

Going to have a quite drink with Big Bob in teh Rugby Club, that is normally very dangerous.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Burger land and bud highway have been like a war zone this evening? Thank god holidays finish today.

The police are doing a he'll of a good job.
Old Dec 18th 2011, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tracy, what's your budget for a car ?

I know of a very nice range rover. Perfect except sadly I have lost the DVD that teaches you how to look down on all other road users. To be honest you don't need the DVD, it sort of comes naturally within a day or two of ownership
Old Dec 18th 2011, 2:19 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Burger land and bud highway have been like a war zone this evening? Thank god holidays finish today.

The police are doing a he'll of a good job.
Drove by there around 2pm..start of what looked like a rather large gathering..went home via janibiya which now seems very smart..couple of very anti govt reports and vids by guy Kristof from NYT...not going to make things better