Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:19 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's happening in Bahrain lately?`

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
Thought we where blaming the Syrians now?
yeah why not? they're just iranians in disguise anyway aren't they?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 2:26 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

All look the same with a towel wrapped around there face and a molitov cocktail in hand..Time Magazine ..Man of the Year (The Protestor) they left the cocktail out!

Last edited by heartofdarkness; Dec 15th 2011 at 2:51 pm.
Old Dec 15th 2011, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Was supposed to be getting giddy in jidd haffs and by burger land tonight before spreading but just been out for a smoke and it's deathly quiet out there and not a sniff of tear gas.
All piss and wind from the Iranians. Perhaps even the Bahraini hizbollah are bored
Old Dec 15th 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by norsk
-15 is nothing my friend. February is by far the coldest month in Oslo by the way. Expect temperatures between -15 and -25 on a regular basis. You'll get used to it eventually...

I remember we had a beer crisis about 15 years ago as the weather one summer was particularly nice and people drank the whole country dry, but butter..?? It makes no sense...
There is butter..just not a particular kind of butter. The soviet kind apparently I have been told.

It's a rather quirky place this..and I guess this helps explain how to survive the winter months too. High fat diet to insulate?
Old Dec 15th 2011, 5:41 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paracletus
There is butter..just not a particular kind of butter. The soviet kind apparently I have been told.

http://gfx.dagbladet.no/labrador/194...ctive/729x.jpg

It's a rather quirky place this..and I guess this helps explain how to survive the winter months too. High fat diet to insulate?
it's a funny place to live that's for sure...
Old Dec 15th 2011, 9:08 pm
need a new teeshirt

heartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the roughheartofdarkness is a jewel in the rough

The unloyals took it to the heart of fast food road in Juffair tonite..is nowhere safe?..Friends tear gassed at BJs next to base..and my son at Wrangler down the road...
Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by norsk
it's a funny place to live that's for sure...
If you don't mind me saying, I find it quite provincial in fact..even here in Oslo. But it has an amazing charm, and the people and the city I think is the most relaxed capital city I have ever lived in. I don't regret moving for a moment..rather butter crisis than disloyal hizbollah anyday. I have picked up on the left/right split here, and also spotted a few occupied houses..I reckon with enough nurture, I might be able to convince these kids to have some running street battles with the police over this soviet butter debacle..
Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by heartofdarkness
The unloyals took it to the heart of fast food road in Juffair tonite..is nowhere safe?..Friends tear gassed at BJs next to base..and my son at Wrangler down the road...
I detest that wrangler's place.. But seriously? I tended to stay away from that area mostly. Is this further escalation? Don't have much on the ground reports at the moment, most my friends are out of the country..even my Bahraini friends have moved to the UAE for the large part.
Old Dec 16th 2011, 2:15 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by Paracletus
If you don't mind me saying, I find it quite provincial in fact..even here in Oslo. But it has an amazing charm, and the people and the city I think is the most relaxed capital city I have ever lived in. I don't regret moving for a moment..rather butter crisis than disloyal hizbollah anyday. I have picked up on the left/right split here, and also spotted a few occupied houses..I reckon with enough nurture, I might be able to convince these kids to have some running street battles with the police over this soviet butter debacle..
it's a very small capital city that's for sure. most of it is suburbs really and a lot of people actually never go into the city centre.

left/right, east/west, rich/poor..it's actually quite polarised as a society contrary to what you would expect. there is a huge history relating to occupying houses and living 'on the edge of society' or whatever they call it.

you should go check out a place called blitz. lots of concerts and stuff going on if you like the punkrock variety of music. not sure they are occupying anymore, i remember the police used to try to evict them every once in a while..
Old Dec 16th 2011, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

markinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nicemarkinbahrain is just really nice

I am out of here tonight, and yes it has been kicking off again down in Juffair again, 5 nights in nearly 3 weeks down here of trouble, but whatever! Back to freezing London for Christmas, and I really cannot wait to get in the pub in Greenwich Village and get smashed

Have a Happy Christmas & New Year to all BE in Bahrain, have a good one
Old Dec 16th 2011, 3:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markinbahrain
I am out of here tonight, and yes it has been kicking off again down in Juffair again, 5 nights in nearly 3 weeks down here of trouble, but whatever! Back to freezing London for Christmas, and I really cannot wait to get in the pub in Greenwich Village and get smashed

Have a Happy Christmas & New Year to all BE in Bahrain, have a good one
Hey mark, those jellied eels and courage ales won't taste right without the faint aroma of teargas. Have a good Christmas matey.

It's been quiet as a church mouse here today, really rather pleasant. Am starting to think these juffair guys are making it all up as they missed out back in feb
Old Dec 17th 2011, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gas cylinder explosions in hamala. Tracy should have heard that. The sound of disloyals shouting, their support for Iran no doubt, faintly audible from the green zone
Also cylinder explosions in diraaz and bani jamrah.
Oil on the road in salamabad
Multiple mini outbursts in many places
Sirens going off at the military base in riffa but who knows what means

Chicken and gammon was over cooked at the dilmun last night which was a little distressing
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Gas cylinder explosions in hamala. Tracy should have heard that. The sound of disloyals shouting, their support for Iran no doubt, faintly audible from the green zone
Also cylinder explosions in diraaz and bani jamrah.
Oil on the road in salamabad
Multiple mini outbursts in many places
Sirens going off at the military base in riffa but who knows what means

Chicken and gammon was over cooked at the dilmun last night which was a little distressing
Amateurs. You should stick to the rugby club if you want decent food mate. You may be in tears by the end of the night but for steak that good....
Old Dec 17th 2011, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Ja but it was a Friday RB and if I remember rightly its members only day at the Rugby club so they can fit all the Geordies in for their pints and pickled eggs leaving their whippets outside to pee on the pitch
Old Dec 17th 2011, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Didnt hear a thing last nite! Or any of the nites to be honest - am beginning to think you are all making it up

No seriously tho it is very quiet here although I know people who live offof the Budayai highway and I believe its been pretty lively down there - in fact we couldnt get down for our first visit to the Dilmun on Thursday for a proper pint and couldnt get the hire car back to alosra either.

Were on our way back from the south of the island yesterday and the highway (not sure which one) was completely shut - not sure why?

We are here for xmas although not feeling very christmasy without our stuff which is still in transit from the UK.

Need to buy/long term rent a car and get CPR sorted if anyone has any advice

Have a good christmas everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.