Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What's a British??

What's a British??

Old Oct 15th 2004, 1:55 am
  #1  
Beduoin_Boy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Question What's a British??

I have never seen movies with so much of bull$hit that the Hollywood movies, a lady with one finger kills thousands of man, a single american saves the Entire Mankind and the rest of the mankind is only depending on Americans to save the planet. American ladies single handedly kill monstropolus monsters while the Men are helpless.


Very recently I saw a movie called HIDALGO and its an american who comes to empty quarters and save all the Bedus and makes everyone look stupid and then HIDALGO is the best Becuase American movie makers say so and the Americans and world easily shove into their Throat.


Btw I never heard of any Hidalgo shit in all my life and the movies was so untrue in terms of culture language tradition! - In other words it was a bullocks.



But why not the British Movie Makers Do some real movies like the story of Sir Wilfred Thesiger and I would love to play the Role Bin Ghuabisah, bcoz I look like him, People say lol.

Its surprising that such a legendary man who has done so much achievement for his country And no NO one even knows his life story.


And they made a movie about Lawerence of Arabia and they made him look like a normal story!!!!

But if its a Cowboy than they make him look like a World hero and the universe Savior and the King of the worlds Heart. booo hooooo!!!!!


What is Wrong with Britain?

Last edited by Beduoin_Boy; Oct 15th 2004 at 1:59 am.
 
Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:25 am
  #2  
Troublemaker
 
kristy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 540
kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy

What is Wrong with Britain?
The answer to your question would be "nothing". Except some crap weather and some terrible licensing laws of course.
kristy is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:26 am
  #3  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
I have never seen movies with so much of bull$hit that the Hollywood movies, a lady with one finger kills thousands of man, a single american saves the Entire Mankind and the rest of the mankind is only depending on Americans to save the planet. American ladies single handedly kill monstropolus monsters while the Men are helpless.


Very recently I saw a movie called HIDALGO and its an american who comes to empty quarters and save all the Bedus and makes everyone look stupid and then HIDALGO is the best Becuase American movie makers say so and the Americans and world easily shove into their Throat.


Btw I never heard of any Hidalgo shit in all my life and the movies was so untrue in terms of culture language tradition! - In other words it was a bullocks.



But why not the British Movie Makers Do some real movies like the story of Sir Wilfred Thesiger and I would love to play the Role Bin Ghuabisah, bcoz I look like him, People say lol.

Its surprising that such a legendary man who has done so much achievement for his country And no NO one even knows his life story.


And they made a movie about Lawerence of Arabia and they made him look like a normal story!!!!

But if its a Cowboy than they make him look like a World hero and the universe Savior and the King of the worlds Heart. booo hooooo!!!!!


What is Wrong with Britain?


lawrence was good because we made it, apart from that its all about the money, america has it it hollywood and we dont. its bollocks i agree, in loads of films of the last ten years britian gets forgotten about by hollywood the wankers.
the best example is u 571, a story in which the americans ignore the fact that its was us who got enigma and the nearest americans were several hundred miles away, that pissed me off a lot.
the best line is at the end of independence day when a brit says "about time" when the americans announce a plan to save the world. yeah right thats about as likely to happen as me growing wings and sh#####g diamonds.

in order to enjoy hollywood films you have to forget reality completely for 90 mins and ignore history if they bring it up. aarrgghhhh could go on for a while its a pet hate of mine but sod it i cant be bothered.
shiva is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:34 am
  #4  
Troublemaker
 
kristy's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 540
kristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nicekristy is just really nice
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by shiva
lawrence was good because we made it, apart from that its all about the money, america has it it hollywood and we dont. its bollocks i agree, in loads of films of the last ten years britian gets forgotten about by hollywood the wankers.
the best example is u 571, a story in which the americans ignore the fact that its was us who got enigma and the nearest americans were several hundred miles away, that pissed me off a lot.
the best line is at the end of independence day when a brit says "about time" when the americans announce a plan to save the world. yeah right thats about as likely to happen as me growing wings and sh#####g diamonds.

in order to enjoy hollywood films you have to forget reality completely for 90 mins and ignore history if they bring it up. aarrgghhhh could go on for a while its a pet hate of mine but sod it i cant be bothered.
Bless 'em, they love saving the world so they can all whoop, cheer and high five a lot (Brits in the same situation would be shaking hands and drinking beer). Trouble is, most of the younger generation will probably believe that America single handedly won the war etc.

But you're totally right, Hollywood films are just meant to wash over you as meaningless entertainment.
kristy is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:52 am
  #5  
The 5th Amendment
 
joseph.creative's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Dubai City
Posts: 3,142
joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by kristy
Bless 'em, they love saving the world so they can all whoop, cheer and high five a lot (Brits in the same situation would be shaking hands and drinking beer). Trouble is, most of the younger generation will probably believe that America single handedly won the war etc.

But you're totally right, Hollywood films are just meant to wash over you as meaningless entertainment.
mind you, most Brits would be chucking the beer down their throats due to the 11pm drink laws!!! and the American would prob be on the ground trying to keep up!

hmmm and most younger generation would probably think that they rebuilt Grand Central Station after the attack in Independence day.

good British Moive ****ed up by Hollywood: The Italian Job for one. Let's keep it up.....

U571... jeez whatr a load of crap...

I do like my film and like a lot of stuff so it is good to switch off at times but think about this Frasier the comedy show was written by British writers who cuold earn more in Hollywood... says something.. sad as well.

hmmm which reminds me.. why is it most if us are coming to Dubai or are here allready?
joseph.creative is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:04 am
  #6  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a British??

hmmm which reminds me.. why is it most if us are coming to Dubai or are here allready?[/QUOTE]


for a better life sun sand no tax no chavs.......i could go on for a while lol
shiva is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 3:54 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
 
Elles's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 65
Elles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
hmmm which reminds me.. why is it most if us are coming to Dubai or are here allready?

well, it's not for the selection of shite on the tv out here, that's for sure!
Elles is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 6:41 pm
  #8  
Simply Brilliant
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: UK/Dubai
Posts: 1,064
Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by shiva
hmmm which reminds me.. why is it most if us are coming to Dubai or are here allready?

for a better life sun sand no tax no chavs.......i could go on for a while lol [/QUOTE]

At the moment it's very much marketed as a luxury resort but is just a matter of time before the package holiday hits Dubai...then there will be chavs galore...they'll come out in hordes for their winter sunshine. That'll be nice for you Shiva
Cherrypie is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 7:47 pm
  #9  
Beduoin_Boy
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
mind you, most Brits would be chucking the beer down their throats due to the 11pm drink laws!!! and the American would prob be on the ground trying to keep up!

hmmm and most younger generation would probably think that they rebuilt Grand Central Station after the attack in Independence day.

good British Moive ****ed up by Hollywood: The Italian Job for one. Let's keep it up.....

U571... jeez whatr a load of crap...

I do like my film and like a lot of stuff so it is good to switch off at times but think about this Frasier the comedy show was written by British writers who cuold earn more in Hollywood... says something.. sad as well.

hmmm which reminds me.. why is it most if us are coming to Dubai or are here allready?

Have you seen that scene In which the Cowboys makes good fool of five British Army men in the desert? and British lady who was waiting in the Desert all her life for a Cowboy to showup?

This is really getting toooo much!!!!!
 
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:00 pm
  #10  
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)
 
TA5's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 941
TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a British??

Jesus, you all are quick to jump on america's throat for anything. It's ENTERTAINMENT, not fact, if you want movies about all your great achievements, make them yourself.
TA5 is offline  
Old Oct 15th 2004, 8:13 pm
  #11  
The 5th Amendment
 
joseph.creative's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2004
Location: Dubai City
Posts: 3,142
joseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nicejoseph.creative is just really nice
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by TA5
Jesus, you all are quick to jump on america's throat for anything. It's ENTERTAINMENT, not fact, if you want movies about all your great achievements, make them yourself.
exactly... good point.

have some very very close American friends and also a second family in a way in Boston and NYC. Will miss TG this year due to the move.

Some American movies are great and some are shite... same in the UK.

good to see Elles backagain as thought we had lost her!
joseph.creative is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2004, 12:23 am
  #12  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by TA5
Jesus, you all are quick to jump on america's throat for anything. It's ENTERTAINMENT, not fact, if you want movies about all your great achievements, make them yourself.
we would but all the studio and distribution cash is in hollywood.
and calm down it wasnt a blanket attack on the us of a.

my worry is how many kids now accept film history as real history which is why i mentioned u 571, a completely british operation which a growing no. of kids will now believe was an american operation. imagine we rewrote the story of the war of independance u wouldnt be happy with that would you?
as i say my point is just a point of concern, theres nothing wrong with entertainment but when it crosses certain boundarys and diminishes and even removes the role of war heros hollywood needs slapped.
shiva is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2004, 12:29 am
  #13  
**** it we'll do it live
 
shiva's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2004
Location: Dubai
Posts: 7,892
shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
for a better life sun sand no tax no chavs.......i could go on for a while lol
At the moment it's very much marketed as a luxury resort but is just a matter of time before the package holiday hits Dubai...then there will be chavs galore...they'll come out in hordes for their winter sunshine. That'll be nice for you Shiva [/QUOTE]


yes, hmmmm.... but at least they wont live there and there will still be a lot less junkies. ah well may have to move on if it gets to bad.
shiva is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2004, 12:56 am
  #14  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by Elles
well, it's not for the selection of shite on the tv out here, that's for sure!
That is absolute rubbish. I am sorry, but it is. I have E-Vision and have access to over 75 English channels from all the networks u can think of: Orbit, Star, FirstNet, ART, Showtime......the works. Its brilliant. T.V and home entertainment have some a long way in this country. BBC Prime is included in E-Visions basic package and they show everything British u can think of.........from Changing Rooms to Jamie Oliver and from My Hero to Casualty and East Enders......BBC Prime is a gr8 channel.

There is so much on all the time and its often hard to decide on one show. U need to look into getting hooked up to E-vision Elles: http://www.evision.co.ae/

They are the best.
Face81 is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2004, 1:21 am
  #15  
The Oracle
 
Face81's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2004
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 7,220
Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: What's a British??

Originally Posted by shiva
At the moment it's very much marketed as a luxury resort but is just a matter of time before the package holiday hits Dubai...then there will be chavs galore...they'll come out in hordes for their winter sunshine. That'll be nice for you Shiva

yes, hmmmm.... but at least they wont live there and there will still be a lot less junkies. ah well may have to move on if it gets to bad.[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with u m8.........I have sed it b4 and i will say it again.......this place is like a giant resort or a mall............Developing a bit of a playboy image.....u know the kind......a playground for the rich and famous.........bit silly really. I am not buying their projection of this emirate at all.

The worlds largest this and the worlds tallest that can never diminish the fact that 80% of the population are foreigners, who can NEVER become legal citizens......and of that 80%, 75% are labourers who are under paid and mis treated. I am not trying to bad mouth the place, this is home to me, but I think they need to rethink their marketing strategy and stop trying to make Dubai something its not.

Sun, sand and no direct taxes are gr8, but Dubai has a LONG, LONG way to go b4 it can really be a truly world class city. Malls and Night Clubs cannot make up for the LACK of decency, literacy and civic sense.

Dubai is gr8 for a short time, but for someone who has been here forever, I need a taste of the real world b4 I finally decide whether I want call Dubai my 'real' home.

As for junkies.......they are not in the thousands, but they are around. Chavs arent here just yet, but they are starting to get a whiff of the "cheap" desert life. So get here ASAP and make the most of it.

Didnt intend to put u off as I know how much u r looking forward to returning to sands of Arabia, but I just wanted u 2 know that Dubai has another side aswell, beneath all the glitz and glamour. its just like any other big city.....its part of the whole package.

Look at me....living here for 22 1/2 yrs and do I ever complain? After wot u sed bout the UK and how u r fedup, Dubai is just the place for u! So hurry up and get down here!
Face81 is offline  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.