British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   What to Wear (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/what-wear-567592/)

LynR Oct 16th 2008 4:00 pm

What to Wear

Hello again - can you please tell me what the dress code for women is? I really have no idea - are 3/4 trousers and t-shirt and sandals appropriate? Sorry if its a silly question but am totally ignorant on this subject :unsure:

UmJammerLeilani Oct 16th 2008 4:07 pm

Re: What to Wear

Originally Posted by LynR (Post 6882169)
Hello again - can you please tell me what the dress code for women is? I really have no idea - are 3/4 trousers and t-shirt and sandals appropriate? Sorry if its a silly question but am totally ignorant on this subject :unsure:

In Dubai? That'll be fine :)

LynR Oct 16th 2008 4:14 pm

Thanks for that - should have mentioned will be in Abu Dhabi and in Al Ain - also what is acceptable for casual wear for men - shorts/t shirts? :huh:

lobby lou Oct 16th 2008 4:15 pm

fine forAD and AlAin xxenjoy

MataHari Oct 16th 2008 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by LynR (Post 6882204)
Thanks for that - should have mentioned will be in Abu Dhabi and in Al Ain - also what is acceptable for casual wear for men - shorts/t shirts? :huh:

only if he has nice legs...no crocs though...it's not allowed

LynR Oct 16th 2008 4:37 pm

:D yup - he does - but would not be seen dead in crocs - me I love them - the most comfy shoes - but wont wear them - thanks for that. :thumbsup:

Alen1 Oct 16th 2008 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by MataHari (Post 6882269)
only if he has nice legs...no crocs though...it's not allowed

What's wrong with Crocs? I wear them in bed.

MrsHaps Oct 16th 2008 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Alen1 (Post 6882443)

And the croc debate continues........ ugg boots are also a hot topic...!! :eek:

Not sure i can ever imagine anyone wearing them in bed!?!?!

Norm_uk Oct 17th 2008 4:39 am

Originally Posted by Alen1 (Post 6882443)

I asked the missus to wear them in bed too but she insists on thigh high leather boots...she's so stuck in her ways ;)

N.

Guest 3456 Oct 17th 2008 12:06 pm

Originally Posted by MrsHaps (Post 6882458)
And the croc debate continues........ ugg boots are also a hot topic...!! :eek:

Not sure i can ever imagine anyone wearing them in bed!?!?!

ugg boot stand for one thing....ugg-lyyyy!!!! they look like modified snow boots that people used to wear in the late 80's early 90's....nasty looking things....

and in a place as hot as Dubai....ummm...foot fungi comes to mind!!! :thumbdown:

Kim67 Oct 17th 2008 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by SpunkyMonkey (Post 6884823)
ugg boot stand for one thing....ugg-lyyyy!!!! they look like modified snow boots that people used to wear in the late 80's early 90's....nasty looking things....

and in a place as hot as Dubai....ummm...foot fungi comes to mind!!! :thumbdown:

ugg boots were around a long time before snow boots.....still waiting on my container so I can have mine......pity our kelpie didn't come though, not sure who's going to round them up for me now

Guest 3456 Oct 17th 2008 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 6884854)
ugg boots were around a long time before snow boots.....still waiting on my container so I can have mine......pity our kelpie didn't come though, not sure who's going to round them up for me now

either way, they are both ugly looking things....'chav' comes to mind!!:p

Kim67 Oct 17th 2008 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by SpunkyMonkey (Post 6884878)
either way, they are both ugly looking things....'chav' comes to mind!!:p

We call them bogans in Australia, but some of us non-bogans wear them in the house to keep our feet warm........don't worry, the ugg boot thing has been going on here for a few weeks now - it's nothing to do with chavdom.

Guest 3456 Oct 17th 2008 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kim67 (Post 6884901)
We call them bogans in Australia, but some of us non-bogans wear them in the house to keep our feet warm........don't worry, the ugg boot thing has been going on here for a few weeks now - it's nothing to do with chavdom.

that's kind of a relief, don't want to come out there to be confronted by half of the North of England, in baseball caps, trackies and burberry jaquards!!

danjar Oct 17th 2008 2:52 pm

Sorry to hijack your thread LynR but for those who work in construction, what is acceptable wear on site? I'll be in a mid management level (Sub agent) I'm guessing trousers and short sleeved shirt is ok? Surely it's too hot to be messing around with ties????