British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   What a rip..... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/what-rip-545301/)

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 10:36 am

What a rip.....

So i get a quote to have the white fluffy thing wane sleeped. Vet chic says that it's 300dhs for the lethal injection, then another 250dhs for the cremation!!! I said what cremation, i don't need him cremated, just toss his rigor mortis in the garbage. She said cremation was mandatory????? I said just gimme the corpse, i'll dispose of it. I was thinking to myself a burial at sea, they say death by water purifies, quick toss over the marina mall bridge would do the trick.... She says that, no, he gotta be cremated...... it's the rules, sir. Then she asks me if i want to stay to watch the procedure???? What does she think i am, morbid????

I told the sorry tale to my lab technician. His eyes welled up & he says he'll take the cat....

Ah, happy endings. But really. What a rip off. Crazy vets.

Blue Cat Jun 26th 2008 10:38 am

Re: What a rip.....

I didn't have to pay to have my cat cremated when she died here :(

Grace O Malley Jun 26th 2008 10:39 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6505123)
I didn't have to pay to have my cat cremated when she died here :(

There's a new law on dead cats

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 10:40 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6505127)
There's a new law on dead cats

I hear they have 101 uses.....

The Dean Jun 26th 2008 10:50 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6505118)
So i get a quote to have the white fluffy thing wane sleeped. Vet chic says that it's 300dhs for the lethal injection, then another 250dhs for the cremation!!! I said what cremation, i don't need him cremated, just toss his rigor mortis in the garbage. She said cremation was mandatory????? I said just gimme the corpse, i'll dispose of it. I was thinking to myself a burial at sea, they say death by water purifies, quick toss over the marina mall bridge would do the trick.... She says that, no, he gotta be cremated...... it's the rules, sir. Then she asks me if i want to stay to watch the procedure???? What does she think i am, morbid????

I told the sorry tale to my lab technician. His eyes welled up & he says he'll take the cat....

Why not pay for the cremation only? Surely it doesn't need to be dead first?

Sam FTQ Jun 26th 2008 10:52 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6505118)

I can't believe you were going to have him put down :mad::mad::mad:

Good for your lab technician :thumbsup: (and I never use this smilie!!!)

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 6505178)
I can't believe you were going to have him put down :mad::mad::mad:

Good for your lab technician :thumbsup: (and I never use this smilie!!!)

It was a last resort..... but fluffy boy has gotta exit from SYB's life, pronto.....

Spugsy Jun 26th 2008 11:00 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6505197)
It was a last resort..... but fluffy boy has gotta exit from SYB's life, pronto.....

so you were gonna kill it??

Blue Cat Jun 26th 2008 11:01 am

Originally Posted by Spugsy (Post 6505216)
so you were gonna kill it??

:(:(:(:(:(

lionheart Jun 26th 2008 11:10 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6505197)

Why exactly, you nasty heartless git;)

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 11:15 am

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 6505224)
:(:(:(:(:(

Jeeeez, guys, gimme a break, gimme a break.

It ain't my frikkin cat. I offered to look after it after an ex g/f buggered off back home to Oz in a hurry, where she thereafter miraculously forgot to organize his promised emigration....

Poor little sod has a miserable life - I'm rarely at home, he gets bored witless all day... and it'd be more of the same for him back in the UK....At least here the houseboy plays with him when i'm not home. I've tried advertising him around the local shops & the college, but no-one wants him...

So yeah, i'd give him the bullet if i had to...

The Dean Jun 26th 2008 11:18 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6505282)

It ain't my frikkin cat. I offered to look after it after an ex g/f buggered off back home to Oz in a hurry, where she thereafter miraculously forgot to organize his promised emigration....

Poor little sod has a miserable life - I'm rarely at home, he gets bored witless all day... and it'd be more of the same for him back in the UK....At least here the houseboy plays with him when i'm not home. I've tried advertising him around the local shops & the college, but no-one wants him...

Advice from A Wise Old Man:

Have the ex-girlfriend put down........... and keep the cat.

Madam Medusa Jun 26th 2008 11:18 am

Originally Posted by shakh your bootie (Post 6505282)

yep, i agree, cruel to be kind...

MM, xx

Sam FTQ Jun 26th 2008 12:00 pm

Is your lab tech defo gonna have him?

shakh your bootie Jun 26th 2008 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ (Post 6505442)
Is your lab tech defo gonna have him?

He seems pretty committed....