Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What Middle East country is the overall best to live, work and relax in?

What Middle East country is the overall best to live, work and relax in?

Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:32 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Middle East country is the overall best to live, work and relax in?

[QUOTE=Alexa;7672597It may deter loonies from spreading rubbish though. [/QUOTE]

Are YOU someone who sets the rules of what we can say on here? TBH your breakfast suggestion to the OP was more rubbish than anything else.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 6:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Middle East country is the overall best to live, work and relax in?

Originally Posted by Edo
Are YOU someone who sets the rules of what we can say on here? TBH your breakfast suggestion to the OP was more rubbish than anything else.
Me ? No, far from it! Very, very far!
Old Jun 17th 2009, 7:35 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
Yes, but it was calorie controlled and very slimming. Full of iron(y) too, I believe.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Yes, but it was calorie controlled and very slimming. Full of iron(y) too, I believe.
Yup...you said it.....
Old Jun 17th 2009, 10:27 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
OK, feel free to take a few bites. And let us know if you need any help
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:14 am
Banned

international is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Somewhat one sided I think...but then brainwashing has that effect on people doesn't it?

I think the general Palestinian (and Muslim) response to Israel's extreme elements and bad policies is as questionable as Israel's actions though - we have plenty examples of land grabbing all over the world where the response has not been suicide bombing and deliberatly targeting civillians or brainwashing children to hate (for example, Tibet has suffered a longer and more brutal occupation yet we have no HAMAS equivilent there do we? We have the Dalai Lama instead going about telling everyone to love each other)...

Of course no one talks about these things because this train of though does tend to lend to the idea that religion is actually responsible. It's easy to say politics or poverty than say what it really is.

N.
First of all, your are off topic, don't give me that deviant twisted zionist propaganda, we know our history and we have access to so many satellite news channels than you can ever imagine. I don't blame your ignorance and arrogance, you have been bombarded since your childhood with the lies as well as the shit you have been taken from the BBC and Sky News all you adult life. we the free people of this world support any people that fight for their freedom and dignity. Your are trying to triviliaze the struggle of the great people of Palestine against the injustice of the zionist monster and your are sitting there somewhere drinking you ****ing beer while the majority of Palestinians in Gaza are living in tents.Why don't go live in that racist bullshit state that you call Israel? I have not once mentioned Hamas in my Po but since you mentioned it on so many occasion let me tell you something, Hezbollah took back their land by force not negotiations and I believe that Hamas will take what belongs to them even with the support of you ignorant governments by force even if it takes eternity and the savage zionists know that too
Long live freedom.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:25 am
Banned

international is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Alexa;7672597]
Originally Posted by Edo
Is that the kind of fear which stops some members of the forum to speak truth?:blinko,

No, I don't think so.
It may deter loonies from spreading rubbish though.
As I said, you went from being sarcastic to being nasty and rude. I think something is wrong with you , otherwise you won't be behaving like this. I know you don't know what you are saying,making fun of a subject that is so important to all humanity. Go enlighten yourself, it seems like you haven't than so. Sarcasm and bullshit will not make you any better.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 4:31 am
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=international;7675355]
Originally Posted by Alexa

As I said, you went from being sarcastic to being nasty and rude. I think something is wrong with you , otherwise you won't be behaving like this. I know you don't know what you are saying,making fun of a subject that is so important to all humanity. Go enlighten yourself, it seems like you haven't than so. Sarcasm and bullshit will not make you any better.
sometimes sarcasm and bullshit feel like the only things to use when an issue is so complex...
I grew up in Holland and we only were ever told about the Israel side of things, so that is what I knew and believed to be true...it's only after coming here, talking to people from Palestine, Syria, and reading a book called In search of Fatima, that I saw that there is another side to the whole issue...
Which has sort of left me confused a bit...
Old Jun 18th 2009, 6:03 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

International - you appear to have joined with the sole intention of being very aggressive with only one topic in mind.

This is not really the point of BE.

We welcome open discussion - but it needs to be reasoned and without personal attacks etc.

Open up a little, diversify...

There are people on all sides here and some confused and some not bothered.

Originally Posted by international
First of all, your are off topic, don't give me that deviant twisted zionist propaganda, we know our history and we have access to so many satellite news channels than you can ever imagine. I don't blame your ignorance and arrogance, you have been bombarded since your childhood with the lies as well as the shit you have been taken from the BBC and Sky News all you adult life. we the free people of this world support any people that fight for their freedom and dignity. Your are trying to triviliaze the struggle of the great people of Palestine against the injustice of the zionist monster and your are sitting there somewhere drinking you ****ing beer while the majority of Palestinians in Gaza are living in tents.Why don't go live in that racist bullshit state that you call Israel? I have not once mentioned Hamas in my Po but since you mentioned it on so many occasion let me tell you something, Hezbollah took back their land by force not negotiations and I believe that Hamas will take what belongs to them even with the support of you ignorant governments by force even if it takes eternity and the savage zionists know that too
Long live freedom.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 7:34 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by international
Long live freedom.
i am coming to the conclusion that there is only 1 reason that palestine is ****ed.
That reason is that your arab cousins dont give a flying **** what happens to you, the reason they dont is because you dont have anything they can have, your not worth any money to them and they can exploit your hardship in order to squeeze the west.
If you want a solution then harass the arab world not the west, sure we turn a blind eye everytime israel commits another attrocity but then we pretty much do the same when hamas goes over the edge as well.
were there really arab unity on the issue and a concerted effort by the whole middle east to put pressure on the west then we'd give a damn.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiva
i am coming to the conclusion that there is only 1 reason that palestine is ****ed.
That reason is that your arab cousins dont give a flying **** what happens to you, the reason they dont is because you dont have anything they can have, your not worth any money to them and they can exploit your hardship in order to squeeze the west.
If you want a solution then harass the arab world not the west, sure we turn a blind eye everytime israel commits another attrocity but then we pretty much do the same when hamas goes over the edge as well.
were there really arab unity on the issue and a concerted effort by the whole middle east to put pressure on the west then we'd give a damn.
Exactly.
If, and this is a very big IF, the Arab countries actually did care about Palestine, it would be easy for them to do something about it....so far all they have done is talk...a little. And blame the West... a lot.
Where are the armies of the rich Arab countries? Why are they not marching against Israel?
Oh, and please, do not tell me they can't because of the West....the Arab countries have oil and money....if they want to, they can.

It is very unfortunate what is happening between Palestine and Israel. I feel for all those , and there are too many on both sides, who have lost family and friends.
But hatred and dogged violence ,obviously, does not make it better.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:12 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Autonomy
We welcome open discussion - but it needs to be reasoned and without personal attacks etc.
International - when did you make personal attacks? I'm sorry I thought I have read all replies to this post so far but may be I missed the crucial ones. Although I did see some with provocative comments but may be the administrator missed those so just picked YOU to issue a 'warning' to

And of course in an 'open' discussion one must expect arguements that s/he wont agree with but I'm not sure how can you classify them as 'personal attacks'.

Last edited by Edo; Jun 18th 2009 at 9:15 am.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:44 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Edo
International - when did you make personal attacks? I'm sorry I thought I have read all replies to this post so far but may be I missed the crucial ones. Although I did see some with provocative comments but may be the administrator missed those so just picked YOU to issue a 'warning' to

And of course in an 'open' discussion one must expect arguements that s/he wont agree with but I'm not sure how can you classify them as 'personal attacks'.
Can't decide if you are just baiting the troll....

...or if you just show up to provide some semblance of moral support to every f**king looney that decides to vent his sexual frustration out on us....
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:49 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by shiva

I agree that IF Arab leaders stood for the issue of Palestine then things would have been much different in a positive way. But I see it more of a coordinated effort on part of the Zionists that they keep the ‘west’ united on this issue and have put mechanisms in place to ensure that the Arab leaders aren’t. But if the rulers of a country are good for nothing that doesn’t mean that the public just shouldn’t bother and keep shut. And I can definitely see things ARE changing in the Arab world – their public has started to realise the truth and the Arab leaders know that their people aren’t too happy with the way they have been dealing with ‘peace process’ in the Mideast. Things are changing in this media age and like someone said earlier the Zionist bluff is reaching its end.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 9:52 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Can't decide if you are just baiting the troll....

...or if you just show up to provide some semblance of moral support to every f**king looney that decides to vent his sexual frustration out on us....
Guess that would be the latter, then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.