Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What Middle East country is the overall best to live, work and relax in?

What Middle East country is the overall best to live, work and relax in?

Old Jun 16th 2009, 6:27 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Middle East country is the overall best to live, work and relax in?

Originally Posted by chthomas
Woooo, spooky, I'm just reading the report.

Are you stalking me?
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:55 am
Banned

international is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What Middle East country is the overall best to live, work and relax in?

Originally Posted by commander
what about the terrorists that reign from gaza...
I am really not surprized by your outrageous and simple comment because the word terrorist that Israel has been using for decades is nothing more than a ploy to act like the victims in the eyes of the world. As you know, this is the age of satellite TV , internet, etc... the zionist bluff is over, they are unable to fool most of us at least. We see the pictures, not on BBC or Sky news of course. The Palestinian people are still occupied by this savage brutal regime for decades,they have been denied their most basic human rights. The real terrorists are the zionist gang stealing and destroying Palestinian land everyday while most western countries are watching. Well, I personally know why these countries are mute, but that is a long story to explain on this forum.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 9:09 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by international
I am really not surprized by your outrageous and simple comment because the word terrorist that Israel has been using for decades is nothing more than a ploy to act like the victims in the eyes of the world. As you know, this is the age of satellite TV , internet, etc... the zionist bluff is over, they are unable to fool most of us at least. We see the pictures, not on BBC or Sky news of course. The Palestinian people are still occupied by this savage brutal regime for decades,they have been denied their most basic human rights. The real terrorists are the zionist gang stealing and destroying Palestinian land everyday while most western countries are watching. Well, I personally know why these countries are mute, but that is a long story to explain on this forum.
Oh, the irony in this post...

-
Old Jun 16th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

oh, please do elaborate.....enlighten us mute Westerners....
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:02 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

if everyone could ensure to post within the site rules - I'd appreciate it.

http://britishexpats.com/site-rules/

now discuss if you must...
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:08 pm
Banned

international is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Alexa
oh, please do elaborate.....enlighten us mute Westerners....
Cheap shot but not surprizing, whenever you can't engage in an intelligent conversation, you resort to sarcasm, which is a very old tactic. I agree that Israel is #1 in killing a vast number of babies, children and women for the past sixty years, #1 in stealing land from their original owners, #1 in corruption and fraud, #1 in unemployment (professional jobs), and #1 of course in terrorism, they were the inventors of the concept as we know and they were the first to execute it. Ok I just remembered one way you can enlighten yourself, watch the press conference in Gaza today by the former President of the US Jimmy Carter speaking about the unbelievable destruction that he witnessed first hand. There is plenty of literature out there for you to explore and learn from if you see more need for your enlightement.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 3:53 pm
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
Israel - but that doesn't exist on most of the maps printed in most other countries in the middle east.

N.
Well, even if you are lucky to find a map of that 'state', you are bound to come across a lot of versions of it. Why? Yes, you guessed it. Thats all due to its illegitimate 'organic growth' over the decades.
Old Jun 16th 2009, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Cheap shot but not surprizing, whenever you can't engage in an intelligent conversation, you resort to sarcasm, which is a very old tactic. I agree that Israel is #1 in killing a vast number of babies, children and women for the past sixty years, #1 in stealing land from their original owners, #1 in corruption and fraud, #1 in unemployment (professional jobs), and #1 of course in terrorism, they were the inventors of the concept as we know and they were the first to execute it. Ok I just remembered one way you can enlighten yourself, watch the press conference in Gaza today by the former President of the US Jimmy Carter speaking about the unbelievable destruction that he witnessed first hand. There is plenty of literature out there for you to explore and learn from if you see more need for your enlightement.
I know you from another site........lol!!!!
Hey, have fun over here...they will eat you for breakfast....
Old Jun 16th 2009, 8:42 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

I am really not surprized by your outrageous and simple comment .....
i don't like the word terrorist either .. it's used by almost anyone to provide an excuse for whatever action they want to take ... although all of them have been guilty for acts of terrorism in one way or another ... enemies - yes, that's a clear cut.

but i have some issue with people using 'bold' or 'capital' letters - it'slike we don't get it but now in bold it's all clear ...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:18 am
Edo
BE Forum Addict

Edo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond reputeEdo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alexa
Hey, have fun over here...they will eat you for breakfast....
Is that the kind of fear which stops some members of the forum to speak truth?
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:39 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Somewhat one sided I think...but then brainwashing has that effect on people doesn't it?

I think the general Palestinian (and Muslim) response to Israel's extreme elements and bad policies is as questionable as Israel's actions though - we have plenty examples of land grabbing all over the world where the response has not been suicide bombing and deliberatly targeting civillians or brainwashing children to hate (for example, Tibet has suffered a longer and more brutal occupation yet we have no HAMAS equivilent there do we? We have the Dalai Lama instead going about telling everyone to love each other)...

Of course no one talks about these things because this train of though does tend to lend to the idea that religion is actually responsible. It's easy to say politics or poverty than say what it really is.

N.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=Edo;7672526]Is that the kind of fear which stops some members of the forum to speak truth?:blinko,

No, I don't think so.
It may deter loonies from spreading rubbish though.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:26 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
...but then brainwashing has that effect on people doesn't it?
it certainly does ... but it's like in Matrix ... it is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth ...
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:26 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that Israel is #1 in killing a vast number of babies, children and women for the past sixty years
Around 115,000 military and civillan people have died since 1929 in the Arab-Israeli conflict...and even conservative estimates state the ratio is around 1 Israel to every 5 Arabs.
  • Compare this to 200,000 thousand in the Algerian Civil War. (Muslims killing Muslims)
  • 150,000 in the Lebanese Civil War (1975–1990)
  • 1.2 million Filippinos killed by the Americans when the "liberated" it from the Spanish in 1898.
  • The million killed in the Rwandan civil war (1990-1994)
  • 1,000,000 killed in the Iran-Iraq War (More Muslims killing Muslims)
  • 20,000,000 killed Second Sino-Japanese War (1931–1945)
  • 100,000 - 200,000 - Indonesian invasion of East Timor (Muslims killing non-Muslims).

I have seen figures on the net for 600,000 killed by China's occupation of Tibet. It makes me wonder why the Arab-Israel conflict is so global and captures people's passion more than far more deadly conflicts going on.

#1 in stealing land from their original owners,
Original owners were the Canaanites. That land has changed hands dozens of times over history, from the Jews to the Romans to the Greeks to the Arabs to the Ottomans to the British etc etc.

By the way the UN created Israel after Britain left and said they couldn't find a solution to please everyone...

#1 in corruption and fraud,
Transparency International release a list of countries that are most corrupt every year....the worst 10 are:

Somalia
Myanmar
Iraq
Haiti
Uzbekistan
Tonga
Sudan
Chad
Afghanistan
Laos

Israel's crap for sure...but it's not number 1.

#1 in unemployment (professional jobs),
As of March Israel's official unemployment rate was 7.5%.

Compared to 9.2% in the European Union as a whole more people have jobs there....The USA right now has around 9.4% unemployment, Syria has 9%, Lebanon has around 20%, Eygpt is around 8,7% and Jordan is around 13%.

and #1 of course in terrorism, they were the inventors of the concept as we know and they were the first to execute it. [/QUOTE]

Actually the first group to use what we understand as terrorist tactics were the Hashshashin...and they weren't Zionists for sure.

Don't get me wrong, Israel's a pain in the butt and needs a LOT more accountability but it's not the source of all evil and certainly isn't the number 1 for everything bad on the planet.

N.
Old Jun 17th 2009, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Edo
Well, even if you are lucky to find a map of that 'state', you are bound to come across a lot of versions of it. Why? Yes, you guessed it. Thats all due to its illegitimate 'organic growth' over the decades.
I hope they really stop building settlements now or expanding current ones. I also hope Turkey will leave Cyrpus and Kosovo will be given back to it's original owners the Serbs as well...China leaving Tibet might be a good idea too

N.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.