Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What happens to them?

What happens to them?

Old Sep 20th 2010, 7:38 am
Expat Brat

K8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura aboutK8-notlate has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What happens to them?

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
Maybe their owners are all using the Metro nowadays..

http://jazarah.net/blog/wp-content/s...ubaimetro2.jpg
You made my day
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:05 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by K8-notlate
You made my day
Not the first time I have been told that......
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:09 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
Does anyone know if any of these cars that were dumped at Airports etc when people left are sold off via auctions here or anything? Or if there are car/bike auctions in the UAE anywhere?
There are what looks like couple of thousand of them on SZR going towards AD, you see them as you come out towards Um Sequem from MOE and drop down onto SZR South, but they have been there for well over a year and absolutely no idea what happens to them.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:11 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rowell
There are what looks like couple of thousand of them on SZR going towards AD, you see them as you come out towards Um Sequem from MOE and drop down onto SZR South, but they have been there for well over a year and absolutely no idea what happens to them.
Are those the ones behind the giant hoarding, between the IC and Wellington International School? Think there is a police office there...
Old Sep 20th 2010, 8:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Bigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud ofBigtaff has much to be proud of

I was wondering also if the full car park at Al Barsha Police HQ was all confiscated vehicles or maybe dumped / recovered vehicles? Seems to be a lot there and it never seems to empty or change much in appearance - i.e same cars sitting there along time?
Old Sep 20th 2010, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Shehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the roughShehryar is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bigtaff
I was wondering also if the full car park at Al Barsha Police HQ was all confiscated vehicles or maybe dumped / recovered vehicles? Seems to be a lot there and it never seems to empty or change much in appearance - i.e same cars sitting there along time?
I'm pretty sure police car parks for confiscated ones only - they always have a shortage of space at all their car parks. Yes, it IS a lot of cars but I guess there are many confiscations for traffic or other violations etc.