British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   What happens to the post?? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/what-happens-post-545008/)

Jmover Jun 24th 2008 10:29 pm

What happens to the post??

Hi there - thanks to the help you have given previously - I have one more question that I can't find the answer to anywhere! perhaps you can help - If you have no addresses in Dubai with street names etc. how do you get your post? - How do you go about getting a PO box? how do you get your post when it is delivered there?? Coming from the UK, its all a bit new to me! Any help is much appreciated!!:confused: Thanking you in advance

Eeyore Jun 24th 2008 10:48 pm

Re: What happens to the post??

Many people simply get post sent to their company address. It's by far the easiest way, since it means your post comes to you, you don't have to go to your post.

If you really want to set up a private PO box you just go to a post office, but I'm told that there are waiting lists for PO boxes. The actual locations can be very inconvenient unless you just happen to live close by, too. I wouldn't bother personally, just use your company address.

Jmover Jun 24th 2008 11:14 pm

Thanks for that! i was wondering what the best thing to do was!! I shall miss the delivery to the front door though!!

:thumbsup:

Thanks again!

Vimto Jun 25th 2008 1:14 am

You say you will miss the delivery to your door but you will not miss the junk mail I bet, Dubai hasnt caught up with the rest of the world in that respect. I must throw or shread over half of the mail I get in the US.

Border Reiver Jun 25th 2008 6:22 am

Dubai has moved beyond junk mail and now does junk sms instead.

Grace O Malley Jun 25th 2008 6:26 am

Originally Posted by Border Reiver (Post 6501005)
Dubai has moved beyond junk mail and now does junk sms instead.

I find this really *ecking annoying,

scarletfan Jun 25th 2008 6:57 am

Originally Posted by annacarna (Post 6501015)
I find this really *ecking annoying,

Some of them are brilliant though!
Like, the one I had from Ford Care yesterday 'Ensure Stationary car tire health while on vacation. Inflate to 60 PSI before leaving & deflate to recommended pressure when you get back - Al Tayer Motors Great bit of advice there, hmmmm, wonder if it also applies to a Toyota! :D

Bijilo123 Jun 25th 2008 9:00 am

And presumably you have to inflate in a filling station or summat.

And when you drive back home to go on leave and hit a nail then there will be an fing big explosion.

What a funny idea!!

scarletfan Jun 25th 2008 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Bijilo123 (Post 6501379)
And presumably you have to inflate in a filling station or summat.

And when you drive back home to go on leave and hit a nail then there will be an fing big explosion.

What a funny idea!!

Exactly! Proves the point that some of the texts we receive on an almost daily basis are ummm, pathetic!