Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What Happens with Loan Skipps

What Happens with Loan Skipps

Old Feb 7th 2009, 3:25 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What Happens with Loan Skipps

Its false kitty? Really? And you know this how?
Old Feb 7th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Handsome is an unknown quantity at this point

so does it mean that expats are doing well? jobs are okay?
Old Feb 7th 2009, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Handsome
so does it mean that expats are doing well? jobs are okay?
are you in dubai/UAE? are you looking for work... why so many questions and not really any answers!

the police guy is full of crap! 11 cars since January 2008..... thousands made redundant.... go figure!

Last edited by MrsHaps; Feb 7th 2009 at 4:40 pm.
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

11 cars hahaha false
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:06 pm
ex-expat

Hello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond reputeHello.Kitty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
Its false kitty? Really? And you know this how?
well, yes, it's perfectly obvious: the people who have left their cars at the airport have simply parked them while they are on holiday. They keys are left in the ignition because Dubai is such a safe place and these "notes" are simply asking the chaps to give the cars a quick clean whenever convenient.

Don't cha think?
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty
well, yes, it's perfectly obvious: the people who have left their cars at the airport have simply parked them while they are on holiday. They keys are left in the ignition because Dubai is such a safe place and these "notes" are simply asking the chaps to give the cars a quick clean whenever convenient.

Don't cha think?

LOL!!!!!!!
Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Old Feb 7th 2009, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

Handsome is an unknown quantity at this point

I am not in Dubai any more. I was for about few months and then left. But, I saw this situation where banks were landing with very little or no conditions and I knew that one day, it will be be bad. Here, i hope that you have the answers
Old Feb 7th 2009, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Nickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really niceNickel is just really nice

Originally Posted by Handsome
I am not in Dubai any more. I was for about few months and then left. But, I saw this situation where banks were landing with very little or no conditions and I knew that one day, it will be be bad. Here, i hope that you have the answers
I think the biggest problem everyone is having with your questions is the "veiled secrecy". If you are no longer in Dubai, why do you want to know? Did you leave a huge debt? (and why do I think that is the case? Gee, I don't know but maybe I am reading between your lines)

You are not being very forthcoming, therefore you are suspect. As a American, I would rank you closely with a used car salesman - NOT to be trusted because there always is an ulterior motive!! Your motive - I have a guess and it is NOT flattering!!
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:31 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all
Default I left before with debts and came back

O.K, confession time.

I got myself into a bit of a state back in the UK and in the UAE around 3/4 years ago

I eventually quit my job and, although not a fortune, owed a well-known bank around 30,000dhs+

I did start paying it back when i went back to the UK but eventually stopped becuase of the ridiculous surcharges they were adding.

I have been coming in and out on the SAME passport (albeit with residence visa cancelled) and I have never had a problem (first starting around 7 months after i left). Now im in the process of trying to get a another residence visa (although i now have another passport) and, thankfully, my finances truly sorted out.

i was thinking of contacting HSBC (they were in touch then suddenly stopped and i havent heard anything for over 2 years?) But i am unsure whether i should now? What do you think?
Old Feb 8th 2009, 1:24 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I left before with debts and came back

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
O.K, confession time.

I got myself into a bit of a state back in the UK and in the UAE around 3/4 years ago

I eventually quit my job and, although not a fortune, owed a well-known bank around 30,000dhs+

I did start paying it back when i went back to the UK but eventually stopped becuase of the ridiculous surcharges they were adding.

I have been coming in and out on the SAME passport (albeit with residence visa cancelled) and I have never had a problem (first starting around 7 months after i left). Now im in the process of trying to get a another residence visa (although i now have another passport) and, thankfully, my finances truly sorted out.

i was thinking of contacting HSBC (they were in touch then suddenly stopped and i havent heard anything for over 2 years?) But i am unsure whether i should now? What do you think?
wait and see ...
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Rapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really niceRapido is just really nice

Originally Posted by StublueKPL
O.K, confession time.

Stu - having knowingly done the wrong thing, you should steel yourself for an onslaught from the Schadenfreude Cyber Army.

But since your confession has been up for over a day now, maybe a different set of principles apply for crimes of the loan-skipping kind.
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:40 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hello.Kitty

Don't cha think?
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:42 am
banned

Originally Posted by Rapido
Stu - having knowingly done the wrong thing, you should steel yourself for an onslaught from the Schadenfreude Cyber Army.

But since your confession has been up for over a day now, maybe a different set of principles apply for crimes of the loan-skipping kind.
or be a bit more honest about your 'departure' from the UAE perhaps
Old Feb 9th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

StublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to allStublueKPL is a name known to all

Originally Posted by commander
or be a bit more honest about your 'departure' from the UAE perhaps
I think you know me!!!!!!

Ok maybe quitting the job wasnt exactly the right term!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.