Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What a feel good day at work!!

What a feel good day at work!!

Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default What a feel good day at work!!

My work are having their Annual 'Families Day' tomorrow. It involves all the fun and games in the factory in the morning for employees only, then at 3pm we are all meeting with our families at a very nice Jumeirah hotel for more games and barby etc. Now comes the good bit--Is what i am doing wrong?....

We have each been issued 4x 25EAD vouchers for alchoholic drinks.

I had an informal team meeting this morning and 'persuaded' my department that in the interests of their religious beliefs, they should 'donate' their vouchers to someone of non muslem faith. (or it may be reflected on their next appraisel)

Que Mr and Mrs A_A now in posession of around 1000AED worth of drink vouchers

whoo hooo

Something is telling me i have acted unfairly and not in complience with my companies global policies about profiteering, but it will bite me in the arse. 90% of my company are Mulslim, so i am bound to get drunk and make an arse of myself in front of my president, who no doubt will have me pencilled in for a sideways move to Saudi or Kuwait or something just as punishment.

Ahh well, i miss the old works partys in UK, where it was your duty to snog the office tart and abuse the gaffer
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:54 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What a feel good day at work!!

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
Ahh well, i miss the old works partys in UK, where it was your duty to snog the office tart and abuse the gaffer
Karma sent.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:55 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

My work are having their Annual 'Families Day' tomorrow. It involves all the fun and games in the factory in the morning for employees only, then at 3pm we are all meeting with our families at a very nice Jumeirah hotel for more games and barby etc. Now comes the good bit--Is what i am doing wrong?....

We have each been issued 4x 25EAD vouchers for alchoholic drinks.

I had an informal team meeting this morning and 'persuaded' my department that in the interests of their religious beliefs, they should 'donate' their vouchers to someone of non muslem faith. (or it may be reflected on their next appraisel)

Que Mr and Mrs A_A now in posession of around 1000AED worth of drink vouchers

whoo hooo

Something is telling me i have acted unfairly and not in complience with my companies global policies about profiteering, but it will bite me in the arse. 90% of my company are Mulslim, so i am bound to get drunk and make an arse of myself in front of my president, who no doubt will have me pencilled in for a sideways move to Saudi or Kuwait or something just as punishment.

A grands worth of booze, you'll never manage it on your own, come on lads, a fellow BE'er needs our assistance!!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:59 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJC
A grands worth of booze, you'll never manage it on your own, come on lads, a fellow BE'er needs our assistance!!
Granted,....we cant let him suffer in silence !!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Granted,....we cant let him suffer in silence !!
Well if you find the hotel, you will not miss us. Couple of hundred folk all with company logo's bandana's and company logo's tops (COMPULSORY)

Nothing like a bit of free marketing eh?!

My wife is refusing point blank to wear a bandana

Only the bloods or the crips wear those.

Oh ill be the loud pissed one at the bar NOT partaking in any of the 'fun' events.

Your welcome to join, but you MUST wear the bandana to blend in
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:06 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Well if you find the hotel, you will not miss us. Couple of hundred folk all with company logo's bandana's and company logo's tops (COMPULSORY)

Nothing like a bit of free marketing eh?!

My wife is refusing point blank to wear a bandana

Only the bloods or the crips wear those.

Oh ill be the loud pissed one at the bar NOT partaking in any of the 'fun' events.

Your welcome to join, but you MUST wear the bandana to blend in
umm, you forgot to mention the name of the hotel...
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MataHari
umm, you forgot to mention the name of the hotel...
i know.......
Old Mar 28th 2007, 1:22 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

i know.......
we'll find him anyway, we can split into groups and do a few hotels each until we find the appropriate one then join in! I will wear a bandana, no problem!!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
we'll find him anyway, we can split into groups and do a few hotels each until we find the appropriate one then join in! I will wear a bandana, no problem!!
update............

During the morning 'fun' day in the factory i (being boring) sneaked away to do some work and odds and ends.

During my absence, el presidente announced that due to the weather the family afternoon at the Sheraton was cancelled.

Trying to get into the spirit, at 3pm, I arrived at the sheraton, with my company logo vest on complete with logo'd bandana on my head.

The only person from my company there, as my wife was joining me later.

Sat in the bar, alone, humiliated and only too aware that i looked like an overweight white yank rapper.

Serves me right i suppose for my attempted profiteering. I did say earlier that it would bit me in the ass
Old Mar 30th 2007, 6:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

update............

During the morning 'fun' day in the factory i (being boring) sneaked away to do some work and odds and ends.

During my absence, el presidente announced that due to the weather the family afternoon at the Sheraton was cancelled.

Trying to get into the spirit, at 3pm, I arrived at the sheraton, with my company logo vest on complete with logo'd bandana on my head.

The only person from my company there, as my wife was joining me later.

Sat in the bar, alone, humiliated and only too aware that i looked like an overweight white yank rapper.

Serves me right i suppose for my attempted profiteering. I did say earlier that it would bit me in the ass
has it been rescheduled as we now know where it is !!!!! LOL!
Old Mar 30th 2007, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

cmon, you had 1,000 dhs worth of booze, where could there possibly have been a problem!!

MM, xx
Old Mar 30th 2007, 4:03 pm
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
cmon, you had 1,000 dhs worth of booze, where could there possibly have been a problem!!

MM, xx
He only like Crystal?
Old Mar 31st 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa

MM, xx
If only, i had 1000Dhs of booze vouchers valid for said works function.

Having to pay for a couple of expensive pints of becks whilst waiting for my wife really added insult to injury
Old Apr 1st 2007, 5:05 am
Concierge

If only, i had 1000Dhs of booze vouchers valid for said works function.

Having to pay for a couple of expensive pints of becks whilst waiting for my wife really added insult to injury
that's the scottish in you!