Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
the company are being spiteful the could write a cheque made payable to cash that he could cash in any bank with his passport. Which bank are you with?
oh yeah they are not playing nice at all - they apparently dont want to get tied to any legal issues with any banks therefore he will be paid 2 months wages which the bank will keep.

On lad took his loan out for his car only two weeks ago with his bank - of course they will freeze his account which means he wont be able to get any money at all - to top that off he has his wife and kids who have only been here a couple of months - he is maxing the credit cards to get cash as we speak.

funny that they promise you this life if you come to dubai and yes i take responsibility for my actions but christ they dont help you when you really need it!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: what the F do you do if you get sacked and have cars and credit cards

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
oh yeah they are not playing nice at all - they apparently dont want to get tied to any legal issues with any banks therefore he will be paid 2 months wages which the bank will keep.

On lad took his loan out for his car only two weeks ago with his bank - of course they will freeze his account which means he wont be able to get any money at all - to top that off he has his wife and kids who have only been here a couple of months - he is maxing the credit cards to get cash as we speak.

funny that they promise you this life if you come to dubai and yes i take responsibility for my actions but christ they dont help you when you really need it!
Will 2 months slary cover your debt?

COuld you sell a car for cash, so that you can leave?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

in my opinion the guy who owns your outfit has always been a snidey shit anyway. My other half doesn't think maxing out credit cards is the way to go, I agree with him. Things are changing here by the minute. I would go and speak to the bank about your situation. You are working, you are contributing the account, you are paying your debts. I am no financial expert but if I was in your position that is the first thing I would do.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:45 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

they guy with the kids? does he live on the Springs? girl posting on EW same as you.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

You need a proof of loan repayment letter from the bank before the municipality will allow you to transfer ownership.

The used car market is non-existent at the moment, BTW.

Originally Posted by al dente
Will 2 months slary cover your debt?
COuld you sell a car for cash, so that you can leave?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BurpusMe
You need a proof of loan repayment letter from the bank before the municipality will allow you to transfer ownership.

The used car market is non-existent at the moment, BTW.
What do you mean non-existant. I thought you could privately sell you car here (was banking on it *said with wry smile).

Or do you mean prices have crashed?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:03 pm
Concierge

What do you mean non-existant. I thought you could privately sell you car here (was banking on it *said with wry smile).

Or do you mean prices have crashed?

the FX35 I want has gone up 15k
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

the FX35 I want has gone up 15k
mebbe play hard to get?....
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

in a play hard ball way NOT in a sarcastic way!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:19 pm
Concierge

with who?
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

with who?
the seller of the car, or have i not understood again? a problem i have!
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

People tend not to make major purchases during a recession, particularly in a country where they have no rights and must leave on 30 days notice.
It's terrible now, and will worsen with every redundancy.

Wait on the new car BC!
They will be even more desperate for your money next month.
Old Dec 17th 2008, 2:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

hell yeah, i would defo make them a silly offer...

MM, xx
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

ive already asked IG - one of the lads was told that the bank would freeze the account as soon as they told them they no longer worked for the company - not when the visa was cancelled... god a nightmare is an understatment of a word!
mmm the company are not being nice about this at all, i know that they have an obligation to tell the bank but not immediatley this is normally doen 7-10 days before the last day of employment, now they should give 1 months notice anyways that even if he does not need to work is classed as 'garden leave'

can you have your salary paid into a different account ? at least that way you have some funds. if your cc are with the same bank they will freeze those also.

let me know if you are with HSBC, i can maybe get you some advance warning before the account is frozen - bc has my number if you need.

Also what industry is dh in ? I have a list of companies hiring and agencies that may well be of some use..
Old Dec 17th 2008, 3:51 pm
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Does he have any direct experience with drilling systems and offshore power generation and dist plants?

From a commissioning prospective?

I got his email address, ill drop him a line

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.