Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What is Dukhan like?

What is Dukhan like?

Old Jun 20th 2005, 8:25 pm
Kidd Family

kiddij will become famous soon enoughkiddij will become famous soon enough
Default What is Dukhan like?

Would be really grateful to know what Dukhan is like. What facilities in terms of shops, schools, sports including watersports are there? Are there any opportunities for expat wives to work there? ESOL teaching, for example, or is this limited to Doha? Is there a hash? Any pictures would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Jun 21st 2005, 2:57 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is Dukhan like?

Originally Posted by kiddij
Would be really grateful to know what Dukhan is like. What facilities in terms of shops, schools, sports including watersports are there? Are there any opportunities for expat wives to work there? ESOL teaching, for example, or is this limited to Doha? Is there a hash? Any pictures would be much appreciated.

Many thanks
Verrrrryyyyy bbbbboooorrrriiiiinnngggg......

Been there ... in Qatar Petroleum community. I am not sure where you got offered a job by QP or some place else? There is only 1 petrol station in whole Dukhan.

Most expat in Dukhan working for Qatar Petroleum, Dukhan have their own school there.

Not much things to do for the family there apart of the beach ... water sports not too brilliant. The decent club you will have to join with Qatar Petroleum beach club down there (which is only open for Qatar Petroleum staffs). Some expats bought their own boat and they park it in Qatar Petroleum beach club. You can rent a boat, but always fully book during weekend, so most family prefer to buy their own.

Dukhan to Doha about 1 hrs driving ... if u bring your family about it would be too boring for them. The only things that expat wives can work there might be teaching, but then again don't think they will need much teacher in Dukhan since only 1 school there (as far as I know).

Yes there is a hash in Qatar ... but in Doha (again as fas as I know). They have 2 hash, monday for serious one and wednesday for more family oriented.

Shops in Dukhan really pathetic (from woman point of view ). Nothing there ... only few corner shop here and there. Most expat family driving to Doha on the weekend, bring their cooler box and bought loads of shopping from Doha.

Hope this help, anything else just ask.

NOVITA

Last edited by novita77; Jun 21st 2005 at 3:00 am.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:20 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by novita77
Verrrrryyyyy bbbbboooorrrriiiiinnngggg......

Been there ... in Qatar Petroleum community. I am not sure where you got offered a job by QP or some place else? There is only 1 petrol station in whole Dukhan.

Most expat in Dukhan working for Qatar Petroleum, Dukhan have their own school there.

Not much things to do for the family there apart of the beach ... water sports not too brilliant. The decent club you will have to join with Qatar Petroleum beach club down there (which is only open for Qatar Petroleum staffs). Some expats bought their own boat and they park it in Qatar Petroleum beach club. You can rent a boat, but always fully book during weekend, so most family prefer to buy their own.

Dukhan to Doha about 1 hrs driving ... if u bring your family about it would be too boring for them. The only things that expat wives can work there might be teaching, but then again don't think they will need much teacher in Dukhan since only 1 school there (as far as I know).

Yes there is a hash in Qatar ... but in Doha (again as fas as I know). They have 2 hash, monday for serious one and wednesday for more family oriented.

Shops in Dukhan really pathetic (from woman point of view ). Nothing there ... only few corner shop here and there. Most expat family driving to Doha on the weekend, bring their cooler box and bought loads of shopping from Doha.

Hope this help, anything else just ask.

NOVITA

And they say they internet doesnt educate you.... I now know that Qatar has another town, apart from Doha...... Go Dukhan!
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:28 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
And they say they internet doesnt educate you.... I now know that Qatar has another town, apart from Doha...... Go Dukhan!
Nooooooooooooooooooo............ bloody boring .... if hubby ever transferred to go there ... I will ask for re-locate back to Indo or UK ......
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:53 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Nooooooooooooooooooo............ bloody boring .... if hubby ever transferred to go there ... I will ask for re-locate back to Indo or UK ......
lol....... well i will scratch that town off my list of towns/cities in Qatar.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:56 am
semarang

lol....... well i will scratch that town off my list of towns/cities in Qatar.
no ... i wont advise u to go to Dukhan. Only Doha
Old Jun 21st 2005, 6:59 am
The Oracle

no ... i wont advise u to go to Dukhan. Only Doha
LOL... ok........... i will trust your judgement.
Old Jun 21st 2005, 7:06 am
semarang

LOL... ok........... i will trust your judgement.
good ... I think i have put the original poster off now ...
Old Jun 21st 2005, 8:47 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey that's gotta be bad
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:29 am
The Oracle

good ... I think i have put the original poster off now ...
either that, or he/she is in Durkhan now and has no internet access. :scared:
Old Jun 21st 2005, 9:30 am
semarang

either that, or he/she is in Durkhan now and has no internet access. :scared:
PMSL ...

Btw ... can u help me what STFU means? It was in Indo expat forum, no idea what is that means.

Ta xx
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Border Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond reputeBorder Reiver has a reputation beyond repute

PMSL ...

Btw ... can u help me what STFU means? It was in Indo expat forum, no idea what is that means.

Ta xx
I think the poster on the other thread was right, Shut The F....... Nothing a nice young lady like yourself would have use for
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:15 am
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Border Reiver
I think the poster on the other thread was right, Shut The F....... Nothing a nice young lady like yourself would have use for
i agree... she really is a nice woman...... she even offered me er sandals this afternoon, but i had to decline as they would have clashed with my outfit.

Heres to Nov
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:28 am
semarang

i agree... she really is a nice woman...... she even offered me er sandals this afternoon, but i had to decline as they would have clashed with my outfit.

Heres to Nov
You can have my high heel shoes instead face
Old Jun 21st 2005, 10:30 am
The Oracle

You can have my high heel shoes instead face
I like the high heel shoes I am wearing today. Ta for the offer though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.