Reload this Page >

What do you want for Christmas

What do you want for Christmas

Old Nov 9th 2004, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Elles is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What do you want for Christmas

Originally Posted by Jellybean
I agree I think Park 'n' Shop supplies more expat stuff than any of the others...that's where I got my black treacle, couldn't find it in Spinneys!!

I miss the Argos catalogue it always seemed to be that if nowhere else had it Argos did. Mind you saying that I have nightmares still standing in long lines at Xmas waiting for the next delivery of a certain Toy story figure.
Spinney's may have a better selection this year now waitrose are onboard. I have the new Argos catalogue!! Started this week picking out all the things I can't get over here ready for guest to bring out.

Our first year here we moved 2 weeks before xmas so we got a tree from falcon gallery and then hit the shops bit time in deria to "comfort" ourselves as it was the first time without family around.

last year spinneys took care of the turkey, no doubt they will again this year and all I want for xmas this year is my family around me......(got diamonds for xmas last year!)
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:05 am

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Elles]Spinney's may have a better selection this year now waitrose are onboard. I have the new Argos catalogue!! Started this week picking out all the things I can't get over here ready for guest to bring out
[QUOTE]

I was nto able to squeeze the Argos book into my allowance, but do check things out on line!

Im gonna be ordering some things from tesco for family to bring out .. Just those little touches are real nice.

Can you get holly out here for decorating the Christmas table?
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:47 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Heart of gold
Im a down to earth kindda lass, I like my smellys, music, and as I love writing to ppl, complete writing sets never go amiss. Im not overly keen on Jewellery and such like ... Give me the above and a thick jumper and thats me sorted ... Oh I wont get a jumper this year, will I ??

Nothing wrong with smelly's and music...I was just getting to that, my Xmas list is very long!!!

My parents are coming over for Xmas so they will no doubt bring some of the more traditional stuff that is not available here.

What about Christmas Crackers????
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:51 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by joseph.creative
Whereas I will be enjoying a traditional Xmas lunch in the South Glos countryside in the 200 year old 4 star hotel pub with a proper cold stella before lunch not served in nancy style wine glass....

hmmm far nicer than race horse with ur roast potatoes....

heh heh

I also heard that it is not just diamonds that are a girls best friend...

Oops missed this post sounds lovely JC but I don't fancy Stella in a fancy wine glass either....mine will be bubbly though

Horse meat... never tried it.

What else are a girls best friend??? Sorry lost the plot.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 9:53 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Elles
Spinney's may have a better selection this year now waitrose are onboard. I have the new Argos catalogue!! Started this week picking out all the things I can't get over here ready for guest to bring out.

Our first year here we moved 2 weeks before xmas so we got a tree from falcon gallery and then hit the shops bit time in deria to "comfort" ourselves as it was the first time without family around.

last year spinneys took care of the turkey, no doubt they will again this year and all I want for xmas this year is my family around me......(got diamonds for xmas last year!)

Yes I have heard about Falcon Gallery, it is supposed to be cheaper too.

I will have my family around me too, I always do, can't imagine Xmas without, the more the merrier I say.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:48 am
Premium Member

Truth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond reputeTruth Speak has a reputation beyond repute

What do i want - nothing except for a day of work (be nice ), the family and a hassle free day watching the kids unwrap the pressies.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 10:55 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

after all my climatic mubblings ......it will probably be snow
Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:37 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Im a down to earth kindda lass, I like my smellys, music, and as I love writing to ppl, complete writing sets never go amiss. Im not overly keen on Jewellery and such like ... Give me the above and a thick jumper and thats me sorted ... Oh I wont get a jumper this year, will I ??
thats a rather long list! so what size jumper do u wear? hehehehehehe
Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:47 pm

Heart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond reputeHeart of gold has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
thats a rather long list! so what size jumper do u wear? hehehehehehe
Why , are you gonna knit one for me?
Old Nov 9th 2004, 1:52 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Why , are you gonna knit one for me?
cant knit i am afraid..... i can print one off the landsend catalogue website though! hahahahahaha
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by Face81
cant knit i am afraid..... i can print one off the landsend catalogue website though! hahahahahaha
Smart arse ... Cheers for the Karma! The closet I get to the BIG CHILL is turning the AC down, down, down and wearing my thick woolies so I pretend it winter.
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:06 pm
Banned

Smart arse ... Cheers for the Karma! The closet I get to the BIG CHILL is turning the AC down, down, down and wearing my thick woolies so I pretend it winter.

Ooooo karma what a creep
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:08 pm
The Oracle

lololololololololol........ just u wait and c....... december/jan/feb....... u will be wearing those woolies and the ac will be off! hahahahahhaahaha....... so is A4 size ok.... or wud u like A3? hahahahahaha
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Ooooo karma what a creep
He gave me the karma ealier today as I was top od IOU I believe and I nagged and hounded him so it was to get me off his back
Old Nov 9th 2004, 2:11 pm
Banned

I hear that we will need our cardies for December....did you bring any with you Heart??? I did lol. AND slippers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.