Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What do you think, Level 6 Diploma or Degree?..

What do you think, Level 6 Diploma or Degree?..

Old Jun 15th 2013, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Qamy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What do you think, Level 6 Diploma or Degree?..

Good Evening all. Your opinions please. I am planning on moving to Dubai or Doha next year for employment purposes. Now my dilemma is this. Many of the jobs state "Bachelors Degree required for visa issuance purposes". My interpretation of this is that the employer may or may not require a degree however the Dubai visa issuance office are more likely to grant a visa if the employee has a degree. I am looking for a job as a Marketing Manager, I am studying for an internationally recognised Level 6 CIM Marketing Professional Diploma which according to the British qualifications framework is the equivalent to a Bachelors Degree. Now my question is this. Will the Dubai visa issuance office give the above-mentioned diploma the same credibility as a Degree?. Let me know your expert thoughts,
Old Jun 16th 2013, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Qamy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default DUBAI, Degree or Diploma?..

Good Evening all. Your opinions please. I am planning on moving to Dubai or Doha next year for employment purposes. Now my dilemma is this. Many of the jobs state "Bachelors Degree required for visa issuance purposes". My interpretation of this is that the employer may or may not require a degree however the Dubai visa issuance office are more likely to grant a visa if the employee has a degree. I am looking for a job as a Marketing Manager, I am studying for an internationally recognised Level 6 CIM Marketing Professional Diploma which according to the British qualifications framework is the equivalent to a Bachelors Degree. Now my question is this. Will the Dubai visa issuance office give the above-mentioned diploma the same credibility as a Degree?. Let me know your expert thoughts,
Old Jun 16th 2013, 3:42 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DUBAI, Degree or Diploma?..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=800219

Duplicate thread.
Old Jun 16th 2013, 4:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What do you think, Level 6 Diploma or Degree?..

a degree is usually needed.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:15 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by busybee2
a degree is usually needed.
maybe, but not entirely true either... at least some form of higher education certificate is required.

Nothing is clear out here, I'd expect this Level 6 diploma would be fine. Will come down to how much the employer wants the employee and the PRO's ability with the various ministries...
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Autonomy
maybe, but not entirely true either... at least some form of higher education certificate is required.

Nothing is clear out here, I'd expect this Level 6 diploma would be fine. Will come down to how much the employer wants the employee and the PRO's ability with the various ministries...
yes there are some people without degrees but its very difficult to find a job unless you have a transfer, to actually get a job here they have to tick their boxes which "usually" means a degree to a skilled professional job. obviously people usually without degrees are not doing skilled professional jobs. even to get a job as a secretary nowadays they ask for a degree. to come as a graduate and fresh with no experience then that lies the problem, is my point.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Autonomy

you know they have to have same same here, if its something they havent heard of even equivalent as a degree they will not contemplate such things.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 7:18 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by busybee2
you know they have to have same same here, if its something they havent heard of even equivalent as a degree they will not contemplate such things.
Bingo.

"MCIOB is now equivalent to a degree" - The arguments I've had with candidates about that....yes, it may be true, but the Qatari client reviewing your CV will not give you approval or sign off to start with us unless they see BSc / MSc.

End of. Stop arguing. You're just coming off all stupid now.
Old Jun 17th 2013, 10:51 am