Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What to do if entering UAE (a 2nd time after using up all 30 days of visa)

Old Dec 8th 2008, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

sandia911 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What to do if entering UAE (a 2nd time after using up all 30 days of visa)

I posted an earlier topic regarding what to do when returning to the UAE (for a 2nd time) after using up all 30 days of the free, visit visa, or visa on arrival during the first trip. I'm still confused about what's going to happen when a Canadian spend roughly 30 days in the UAE (i.e. JAN20-FEB20), and then decided to go to OMAN for 3 weeks, and returns to the UAE (by bus) around MARCH11. If that Canadian has a flight on MARCH12, does he need to pay the 600dirham visa extention fee in order to re-enter the UAE, even though it's only a day, just to catch a flight?

This wouldn't be a problem if a new visit visa (for 30 days) is issued upon entering the country a 2nd time. But since it's less than a month since the original visa expired, isn;t it a little soon to expect a new 30 day visa? I mean is it like Thailand, with visa runs, or do they expect you to go after 30 days for good?

Please help me out because I don't want to pay the 600dirham fee, and I don't want to sleep at the Sharjah airport because of visa stamps.