British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   What did you have for breakfast today??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/what-did-you-have-breakfast-today-281305/)

Jellybean Feb 1st 2005 4:17 am

What did you have for breakfast today???

Supposed to be the most important meal of the day but what did YOU have today?

I like all kinds of stuff, I don't stick to cereals cos too much sugary stuff in our house, I sometimes have a cooked brekkie if hubby is home, toast very rarely. I am a bad breakfast eater cos I hardly ever have any, if I do it is normally something very odd, are there any more like this out there.

This morning I had a cup of leek soup :D :D

Malteser Feb 1st 2005 4:26 am

Re: What did you have for breakfast today???

Originally Posted by Jellybean

I like all kinds of stuff, I don't stick to cereals cos too much sugary stuff in our house, I sometimes have a cooked brekkie if hubby is home, toast very rarely. I am a bad breakfast eater cos I hardly ever have any, if I do it is normally something very odd, are there any more like this out there.

Morning JB!!!

I only have a glass of juice......dont eat much in the morn cos im a bit nauseaus. Now its a different thing if Im on holiday. Wouldnt mind a cooked breakfast as long as I dont cook it myself hehe!! :) :) :)

karenb2 Feb 1st 2005 4:42 am

Hi JB,

I had lovely breakfast. I cooked myself an asparagus and mushroom omelette and added a little bit of chopped up turkey bacon and shredded mozzarella cheese. Yummy....... was quite delicious and will put me on the road to the city centre. (SZR permitting that is)

Need to go back to Ikea. Bought some table lamps for my son's bedroom and one of the shades won't fit because the adaptor is missing. Also, bought what I thought were a pack of 2 pillowcases in sale at Debenhams only to find there is only one pillowcase in the pack. Now i have one little pillowcase and probably won't be able to get another to match because they only had 3 when I bought this one the other day. :(

So, another trek down to city centre....... wish me luck...... I really could do without it today but not really got an option as need shade and hopefully new pillowcase.

Maybe too much information for this time in a morning but what the hell, at least its something to talk about.

Will catch up with you later. :)

Jellybean Feb 1st 2005 4:54 am

Originally Posted by Malteser
Morning JB!!!

I only have a glass of juice......dont eat much in the morn cos im a bit nauseaus. Now its a different thing if Im on holiday. Wouldnt mind a cooked breakfast as long as I dont cook it myself hehe!! :) :) :)

Hmm me too always feel nauseus in the mornings...the earlier the worse it is. Used to cause all sorts of problemswhen a teenager, my mum was always think I was pregnant....strange cos I never had a boyfriend EVER LOL.

That's good then I am not alone :p

Good luck at CC karen, I don't envy you that trip, I hate going anywhere near that place just too far. Now when the Gardens Mall and the ski slope open up you will not see me around here for I will be shopping :D

Rumble Tumble Feb 1st 2005 5:28 am

Hi JB

I either eat nothing in the morning and then a Starbucks later, or i'll have brekkie and then be continuously raveous all day, for brekkie i like (waistline doesn't tho)

Smoked Salmon Scrambled Egg + Bagel
Poached Eggs + Toast
Eggs Benedict
After a night out on the tiles - Curry!!!! :eek: :D

Singlemom Feb 1st 2005 5:48 am

Originally Posted by Rumble Tumble
Hi JB

I either eat nothing in the morning and then a Starbucks later, or i'll have brekkie and then be continuously raveous all day, for brekkie i like (waistline doesn't tho)

Poached Eggs + Toast
Eggs Benedict

Good morning Ladies!!

Coffee..

Jellybean Feb 1st 2005 5:50 am

Hi JB

Poached Eggs + Toast
Eggs Benedict

Curry beats me even :eek: :D

Morning Sm....did you get your TV on?

Rumble Tumble Feb 1st 2005 5:51 am

Originally Posted by Singlemom
Good morning Ladies!!

Coffee..

Hi SM

Mines a tall skinny latte. How you doing today? :)

Jammy_Dodgers Feb 1st 2005 5:54 am

Hi SM

A strict diet of Latte with 2 extra expresso shot.....keeps me on my toes til luchtime. Then its always a foot-long subway..tuna Mayo with lettuce.....nice..getting all hungry just thinking about it !!

Singlemom Feb 1st 2005 5:56 am

Hi SM

Just balck no sugar no cream..ran out of milk this morning!

I did get the TV! they showed up at 7 pm as promised! watched barney the dino!

Singlemom Feb 1st 2005 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
A strict diet of Latte with 2 extra expresso shot.....keeps me on my toes til luchtime. Then its always a foot-long subway..tuna Mayo with lettuce.....nice..getting all hungry just thinking about it !!

My stomach is growling now :o

sassy Feb 1st 2005 6:00 am

Scrambled eggs smoked salmon and toast
carrot and orange juice

Now will have to drink skinny lattes all day and no food to make up for it :(

Jellybean Feb 1st 2005 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Singlemom
Just balck no sugar no cream..ran out of milk this morning!

I did get the TV! they showed up at 7 pm as promised! watched barney the dino!

Wow turned up on time, phone returned....whatever next??? :D

Singlemom Feb 1st 2005 6:05 am

Wow turned up on time, phone returned....whatever next??? :D

...trying not to think about it.... :o

Singlemom Feb 1st 2005 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers

Good morning JD! How are u? :)