Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

Old Sep 18th 2010, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know

Originally Posted by HOT ICE
I did not say there is no professional photoers in the UK. I just said in the UK you pay 4 quid to photo yourself by yourself in ( photo me ) but in KSA you pay 1.80 quid to have your photo made by professional photoer.
The man in the photo shop will do it for you if you want, is this really going to be a dealbreaker for living in the UK?
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:04 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

I did not say there is no professional photoers in the UK. I just said in the UK you pay 4 quid to photo yourself by yourself in ( photo me ) but in KSA you pay 1.80 quid to have your photo made by professional photoer.

would that be the GCC standard definition of professional?

a man with a camera is a man with a camera not necessarily a proffesional

more examples include

a man with a tool kit is seldom an engineer

a man with a hose is apparently a gardener

a man with a screwdriver and a lightbulb with two wires attached is an electrician

a man with a spanner and a piece of pipe that doenst fit any known piping standard globally is a plumber

etc ad infinitum
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Mate- Borat is the name of a film made by a very un-funny man.

The film is about a character called Borat who is from Kazakhstan, who keeps talking to people about things that are irrelevant, things they do not care about.

He keeps making generalisations.
He keeps making random comments like 'professional photographers' that make people laugh.

Nobody knows why he is making these comments or what he is doing in the conversation...

Till now nobody knows why you are writing this stuff about the price of goods and services in KSA. Everyone knows that many things are much cheaper in KSA.
Old Sep 19th 2010, 12:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
The man in the photo shop will do it for you if you want, is this really going to be a dealbreaker for living in the UK?
Oh yeah, thats much more important than fredom, and going to museums...
Old Sep 19th 2010, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

Northern lights is an unknown quantity at this point

naah then

apart from the heavily saudized English making me crack up

I have to say that most of my fellow country men seem to have teh typical outlook of brits abroad.

things always look amazing from afar... i mean have you ever fancied or liked your wife after those first few weeks abroad without her working in an all male environment??

You look back at blighty and talk of freedom but there 's not much freedom for those poors souls locked down in estates frightened out of their wits and living on a state pension

truth is that us Brits over there as with everwhere we ever go have it much better than the locals and better by far than we have it at home... if it wasn't that way why would we go in the first place!!

KSA and other places basically offer us and its why we go a better work life time balance a much less demanding job and greater financial rewards and teh employer pays your rent to boot !!

so lets not give Hot Ice ( or hotice as someone called him ) too hard a time over the country he loves. At least saudis love their country whilst living in it .. trust me that goes for many women too.

overall i would say that yeah prices are cheaper but quality is shocking and that goes across the board

however the better quality you have in the Uk is hard to take real advantage of in many things cos they are way too expensive and you're still trying to pay off the mortgage.

Like harry enfields man

Am born in whitebread

raised on white bread

i say what i like and I like what i bloody well say !!!
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:26 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll keep the pot boiling.

The saudi electricity company is one of the best around the world. No power cut.
So the two massive containerised Caterpillar generators we had at the Factory in Industrial City in Jeddah were purely for show then ? Nothing to do with the fact the ******* supply would drop out for hours all the time and bugger industrial freezers full of product ?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 5:39 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
I'll keep the pot boiling.

So the two massive containerised Caterpillar generators we had at the Factory in Industrial City in Jeddah were purely for show then ? Nothing to do with the fact the ******* supply would drop out for hours all the time and bugger industrial freezers full of product ?
D'you think the grid's powered in this photo? (He was protesting the frequent power cuts.)
What is the cheaper UK or KSA? enter to know-power.jpg
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Everywhere else in the work they use helicopters and highly-trained guys in specially grounded metallic suits and carrying big long poles to check power lines. In Saudi - send up another Bangaldeshi.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Brains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond reputeBrains1983 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know how much those suits and helicopters cost!
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

ukexpat007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Brains1983
Do you know how much those suits and helicopters cost!
I dont think anybody in this thread has been convinced by Hotice's position and instead the patchy way he tried to make comparisons just annoyed all.

An inability to compare like-for-like combned with hotice's lack of knowledge in different areas didn't help. Hotice didnt come with an open mind, his mentality was already set and he was influenced heavily by his own experiences and by not opening his mind to other's opinions it didnt get better.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

HOT ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seven seas
Mate- Borat is the name of a film made by a very un-funny man.

The film is about a character called Borat who is from Kazakhstan, who keeps talking to people about things that are irrelevant, things they do not care about.

He keeps making generalisations.
He keeps making random comments like 'professional photographers' that make people laugh.

Nobody knows why he is making these comments or what he is doing in the conversation...

Till now nobody knows why you are writing this stuff about the price of goods and services in KSA. Everyone knows that many things are much cheaper in KSA.
Actually , I have no time to watch this kind of films. I am sorry.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

HOT ICE is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ukexpat007
I dont think anybody in this thread has been convinced by Hotice's position and instead the patchy way he tried to make comparisons just annoyed all.

An inability to compare like-for-like combned with hotice's lack of knowledge in different areas didn't help. Hotice didnt come with an open mind, his mentality was already set and he was influenced heavily by his own experiences and by not opening his mind to other's opinions it didnt get better.
My mind is open just for people who bring evidences when they discuss something not for those who want to insult the others. When I was trying to add something (which could be useful and interesting) from my experience to this forum I shocked by some posts.
Any way I did not write to annoy any one I just wrote to share something I have with others.
Old Sep 26th 2010, 6:28 am
Account Closed

weasel central is an unknown quantity at this point

one thing that is certainly cheaper in KSA is the price of life, judging by the amount of deaths on the roads and of the labourers on building sites. (from first hand experience by the way)