Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What can you bring to Qatar?

What can you bring to Qatar?

Old Nov 19th 2014, 10:21 am
Just Joined

fbptrader is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What can you bring to Qatar?

I am bringing my furniture, clothes and kitchen stuff to Qatar from the UK, but was wondering about the following, if there are any issues (all non-religious, non-nude):
1. Books - majority childrens books
2. Desktop computer/laptop
3. Statues/figurines
4. Artwork to hang on the walls

Thanks in advance
Old Nov 19th 2014, 1:55 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What can you bring to Qatar?

All of the above should not be a problem, assuming they have a nominal value.

The main items you need to avoid are pork products, alcohol and certain drugs (unless you have a doctor's prescription). Basically anything that the Qataris will make a lot of money from you from their monopoly once you are here. Common sense really.

I've never had any problems and have been to and fro many times. I even brought a set of kitchen knives in my hold luggage one time!

[J]
Old Nov 20th 2014, 7:24 am
Forum Regular

DubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura aboutDubInRiyadh has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What can you bring to Qatar?

Don't bring your sanity....you will lose it quickly