Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

What are Al Raha Gardens like to live in??

What are Al Raha Gardens like to live in??

Old Aug 25th 2008, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

markhighpeak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What are Al Raha Gardens like to live in??

Hi everyone

Just wanted to get some kind of feed back on what Al Raha Gardens are like to live in? I know it is a relatively new place but is it in a fit enough state to bring up a family?

I have a friend who lives in The Springs, Dubai, and I found that place to be very nice indeed, with the shops in the middle and plenty of small pools dotted about for everyone to enjoy.

I have looked at the official site and it is difficult to get an angle on exactly what it is like, so if you could please give me an insight then it would be appreciated.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What are Al Raha Gardens like to live in??

i have heard people say its like rabbit hutches, they are very close together and there are no facilities such as pool etc at the mo, and wont be for a while, but others seem to like it, the finish is not brilliant but certainly better than some for this part of the uae.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

soukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond reputesoukie has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of people like Al Raha Gardens but for me it's too far from anywhere at the moment - the houses are designed for expats and there seems to be a lot of them. Dhs 340,000 will get you a 3 bed town house - no pool - this is the going rate at the moment but prices seem to change daily. There is a beach club at the Al Raha Beach hotel and a small shopping area next to the Al Raha Beach hotel. You would need to drive to the hotel as there is a 6 or 8 lane highway (can't remember) between the houses and the hotel.
Old Aug 25th 2008, 5:39 pm
Forum Regular

340,000 Dhs, crikey, when I started looking about 4 months ago, they were only
about 280,000, talk about inflation. Luckily, the accommodation is provided for me . So it seems that it might still be a building site of sorts. What do you mean that they are built for ex-pats? Also, do they come with anything built in and are the gardens completed, because I'm sure I've seen on here that you have to do it yourself?

Do you believe that the area will get better for families, because at them prices it should do.
Old Aug 26th 2008, 3:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

rabbit hutches, but the development is better than a lot in ad, DIY in gardens as with all houses etc here, you pays your 'loads of money' and then still have to pay for maintenance and garden etc on top, brilliant:curse:
Old Aug 26th 2008, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

maintenance is free...

The houses are finished well IMO. I still cant beleive that 3 bed townhouses are 340,000. I paid 205K in Jan.

They are close together, but the phrase rabbit hutch is a bit extreme. They have nice communial gardens which is great for kids to play (there are lots of families)

No pool until 2010 i think and Al Raha beach club is just across the road as the crow flies, but about a 14K round trip to drive

I enjoyed living there, definately prefer it to some arabic villa in KCA that is finished terribly and you have no assistance when things go wrong.

I have found the service people in Al Raha very helpfull and have fixed any problems immediately.

but 340,000 your having a laugh surely
Old Aug 26th 2008, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

neeali is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by markhighpeak
Hi everyone

Just wanted to get some kind of feed back on what Al Raha Gardens are like to live in? I know it is a relatively new place but is it in a fit enough state to bring up a family?

I have a friend who lives in The Springs, Dubai, and I found that place to be very nice indeed, with the shops in the middle and plenty of small pools dotted about for everyone to enjoy.

I have looked at the official site and it is difficult to get an angle on exactly what it is like, so if you could please give me an insight then it would be appreciated.
Hi, I have just moved in too the 4 bed...... Love it. Easy to drive into town and safe for the children.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:40 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neeali
Hi, I have just moved in too the 4 bed...... Love it. Easy to drive into town and safe for the children.
hardly a rabbit hutch eh??

Some people are on cloud cuckoo land..
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

did say "not my words".
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
did say "not my words".
then i wasnt meaning you...
Old Aug 27th 2008, 5:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thats ok then because I havent been in 'any' of the houses, only seen them from the 'outside'.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by busybee2
thats ok then because I havent been in 'any' of the houses, only seen them from the 'outside'.
they are surprisingly spacious, very well laid out. the 4 bed is perfect for a family of 4
Old Aug 28th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

Well I land in about 3 weeks, so I shall let you know what I think, should be good from what I have heard.................hopefully the heat is cooling down, just so I get used to it.................it will be a big shock coming from Manchester.
Old Aug 29th 2008, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

its not the heat that is the killer its the humidity, we are heading for september soup time.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 10:38 am
BE Enthusiast

lobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to alllobby lou is a name known to all

they are 380,000 now LOL !!!!!!!
really not worth that IMHO xxx
give me a large arabic villa in kca anyday over that xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.