Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Whale Shark in Atlantis Hotel

Whale Shark in Atlantis Hotel

Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Whale Shark in Atlantis Hotel

I am surprised that there is no comments in here about the Whale Shark.

Here is a FB group Here
Old Oct 13th 2008, 6:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whale Shark in Atlantis Hotel

already joined
Old Oct 13th 2008, 11:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
already joined
thank you, anyone else?
Old Oct 13th 2008, 12:13 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benson

Here is a FB group Here
One whale shark died in January 2007 at the football field-sized Georgia Aquarium:

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/TECH/sci...ath/index.html

They are artificially fed and do not swim with their mouths wide open as they would normally do in the ocean. Aquarium water is kept clear of food and detritus to main high water clarity, so the people can watch them underwater. Seems a shame to keep such large migratory sharks in the confines of an aquarium.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:20 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

I agree it should be let go but...all this fuss over one shark when our own species is exploited daily here and in other countries?

And I'll bet most of the people who sign up for the group eat fish and use products procured from the oceans - probably killing hundreds of fish and other marine life every single day.

N.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 6:25 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I agree it should be let go but...all this fuss over one shark when our own species is exploited daily here and in other countries?

And I'll bet most of the people who sign up for the group eat fish and use products procured from the oceans - probably killing hundreds of fish and other marine life every single day.

N.

I agree, I wonder if I will get as many members if I start a helping hands group on facebook?
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:03 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk

N.
...while people may be "killing hundreds of fish and other marine life everyday"..this pales into insignificance when compared with the "billions" of fish and other marine life that is killed (or rather consumed) everyday by other marine creatures... a question of everyday life and death within the marine food chain or web. It's nature at work !
Old Oct 14th 2008, 7:53 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MacScot
...while people may be "killing hundreds of fish and other marine life everyday"..this pales into insignificance when compared with the "billions" of fish and other marine life that is killed (or rather consumed) everyday by other marine creatures... a question of everyday life and death within the marine food chain or web. It's nature at work !
Freedom, pah - lets eat it!!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 9:56 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

shark fin soup is great......
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:15 am
Now 15% less offensive

NedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud ofNedKelly63 has much to be proud of

.. and so is Dolphin soup. Not fin mind you, we just boiled its face. Yummy!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:18 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NedKelly63
.. and so is Dolphin soup. Not fin mind you, we just boiled its face. Yummy!
did you poke the eyes out first, or eat them too.

full of protein apparently
Old Oct 14th 2008, 10:21 am
Now 15% less offensive

Originally Posted by commander
did you poke the eyes out first, or eat them too.

full of protein apparently
Well the eyes just kind of floated out of its head after about 10 minutes boiling and liquified in the water. So, indirectly, yes, I did eat them.

All this talk of food is making me hungry - I'm off to the pub.
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:00 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benson

Here is a FB group Here
We've joined and written to Born Free!
Old Oct 14th 2008, 11:16 am
banned

Originally Posted by Zannie
We've joined and written to Born Free!
bless....
Old Oct 14th 2008, 2:42 pm
Now 15% less offensive

Born Free? FB? What are they going to do? **** all.

How about some direct action? i.e. Book a 2 week stay at the Atlantis. Check the booking conditions - cancel it before you become liable to charges and say its because they have a whale shark. - it will drop their occupancy rate.

Tell ur friends and get them to do the same.

Hit them where it hurts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.