Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Western compound Riyadh

Western compound Riyadh

Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:32 am
Just Joined

may11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Western compound Riyadh

is there a compound called 'the Western compound' in Riyadh? if so whats it like does anyone know?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Western compound Riyadh

Not heard of it - but someone else may be able to help. There are many 'western compounds' here tho . . .

N
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:49 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by may11
is there a compound called 'the Western compound' in Riyadh? if so whats it like does anyone know?
Is this a wind-up?
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:54 am
Just Joined

may11 is an unknown quantity at this point

no why would it be. My husband Colleague told him he's moving to the western compound, maybe he meant its a western compound.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 12:31 pm

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

no why would it be. My husband Colleague told him he's moving to the western compound, maybe he meant its a western compound.
sounds like a case of 'lost in translation'... the chap may have said 'western compound' to differentiate it from the majority of compounds that don't discriminate. some compounds here prefer only 'westerner's and don't accept applications from people elsewhere in the middle east (Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, etc.). (one of the things about the magic kingdom, not all non-saudis are created equal! )
Old Jan 21st 2009, 1:02 pm
Account Closed

Shadya is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like your hubby was having the piss taken out of him. Like starting at a new office and being asked to find "the file".
Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

zayn is on a distinguished road

A substance consisting of two or more different elements bonded together in a fixed mass ratio that can be split into simpler substances.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 5:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shadya
Sounds like your hubby was having the piss taken out of him. Like starting at a new office and being asked to find "the file".
Tell me about it..............

I was once asked to go to the stationery cupboard to fetch a 'verbal agreement form'..............

Dutifully trotted off to do it, of course.............. it dawned on me after about two minutes but that was long enough...............
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

rdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nicerdan0209 is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Dean
Tell me about it..............

I was once asked to go to the stationery cupboard to fetch a 'verbal agreement form'..............

Dutifully trotted off to do it, of course.............. it dawned on me after about two minutes but that was long enough...............
Can't top the request to greenhorns to go to a senior and ask him for a "long weight",,,10 minutes of no reply and after asking again the reply is "You can go now-you have waited long enough!" LMAO
Old Jan 21st 2009, 11:56 pm
Just Joined

Noelmc69 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can you go to the store and get me a bag of sky hooks, and a tin of striped paint
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 5:32 am

still.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to beholdstill.unsure is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Noelmc69
Can you go to the store and get me a bag of sky hooks, and a tin of striped paint
and a left-handed screw driver