Welcome Sue

Old Nov 19th 2004, 8:54 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Welcome Sue

Originally Posted by kristy
Just pity the poor sod that has to get in the car with him...... oh wait, that's me..... :scared: Ok, trip to the pharmacy for travel sickness pills required (also helps with the hangover I intend to have)!!
lololololol...... just keep telling him there are speed cams hidden behind every bush and that the rent a car company fines an extra 150dhs on top of any fines u incur whilst driving one of their cars. hahahaha
Old Nov 19th 2004, 3:55 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
programming is a nightmare..... cant stand the debugging...... and wen u have a professor who is about as helpful as a door knob, life is pretty painful. LOL
Aye, tell me about it, but boobs went a long way in getting the help, shame I didn't have a pair *l*
Old Nov 19th 2004, 4:32 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Bob
Aye, tell me about it, but boobs went a long way in getting the help, shame I didn't have a pair *l*
pair of wot m8?

I am going crazy at this point......3 weeks to go and we have only finished about 60% of the work..... we r 2 weeks behind schedule thanks to that dumb prof of ours....

Sadly, facilities here for academic pursuits of reserach and projects such as the one my team and I have undertaken, are not familiar to the ME area in general. So getting parts, programs and 'qualified' technicians who know their stuff is an up hill task..... and having zombies on the team doesnt help either..... will have to lecture them tomorrow and I will have to scare them into working more efficiently..... any tips from experience?

I know it sounds very unprofessional and childish to even be talking about the other members of my team like this, but u have to understand that some of them are not in it for an education...... they are from extremely wealthy families and they only study at the most exclusive university in the Gulf for the heck of it...... shocked? dont be.... i am serious..... they dont even have plans for post graduation life..... they all say the same thing: "I will join Dads business"..... I havent got that, so I have to work hard and I am so glad that the prof selected me as team leader, but that only means that I have to debug EVERY last word that they contribute to this project cos I just cannot trust them with my grade. I cant.
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

pair of wot m8?
You know...jubblies
Old Nov 19th 2004, 5:12 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
You know...jubblies
lol...... well atleast ur on the other side........ still searching for the light here. hahaha.

will all be over in 3 weeks and then i will officially have my BSc. in Electrical Engineering! yay!

Mind u..... I already took part in the commencement exercises this june when madeline albright came down to give the key note address and hand out the degrees.... and a couple of yrs ago, we had bill clinton and I had the chance to chat with him for about 30 seconds as i was the American flag bearer!

deep breaths......3 weeks to go, 3 weeks to go.... lololol
Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:05 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

deep breaths......3 weeks to go, 3 weeks to go.... lololol
Good luck mate, not long to go eh
Got anything lined up for after?
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:07 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
Good luck mate, not long to go eh
Got anything lined up for after?
thanks for the kind words m8...... almost done now..... i can finally see a glimpse of light through all the darkness.......

if all goes well, will be headed off 2 the UK to purse an MSc. in Project Management starting in January 2005.... so yeah..... got a real rollercoaster ride in store! hahaha
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:18 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

if all goes well, will be headed off 2 the UK to purse an MSc. in Project Management starting in January 2005....
Nice...busy then eh
So where bouts in blighty you be heading?
My mate that's doing his masters at Imperial thought it was a doddle, but now he's swamped with work, bloomin' loads of it, not hard he says, but the shear volume *l*
Old Nov 24th 2004, 4:56 pm
The Oracle

Originally Posted by Bob
Nice...busy then eh
So where bouts in blighty you be heading?
My mate that's doing his masters at Imperial thought it was a doddle, but now he's swamped with work, bloomin' loads of it, not hard he says, but the shear volume *l*
headed to London..... South East London to be precise..... to the Uni of Greenwich..... hard work is no problem 4 me at all.... i laugh in the face of a good challenge! lol

not to worry though..... i promise not to abandon the forum!