Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Weird Doc Required for Work Visa in Saudi Arabia...

Weird Doc Required for Work Visa in Saudi Arabia...

Old Dec 5th 2010, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

function_analysis is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Weird Doc Required for Work Visa in Saudi Arabia...

Hi all, I just got back from Jeddah where I accepted a work offer as a single status Engineer with one of the most well-established/respected international companies in the Energy and EPC/T sector around.

However one amazing thing, as opposed to several threads posted here or even in the www.mfa.org.sa is their requirement for a Use of Criminal Recods due, as they said, for issuing my work visa To my knowledge other than a couple of speed tickets nothing seems to be wrong with this certificate, however I definitely need your input

I could well understand their view in case this makes part of their internal employment policies, however is there any chance this is also required from the Saudis agencies?

Please advise

Last edited by function_analysis; Dec 5th 2010 at 4:05 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2010, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

NaimTakieddin will become famous soon enoughNaimTakieddin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Weird Doc Required for Work Visa in Saudi Arabia...

Actually, it is commonly known if somebody is intending to obtain a permanent/temporary residency status would be asked to add this document (Police Clearence) to his file ...

People who committed major crimes (sentenced or convicted) within previous five years would have some hassles before issuing the appropriate residency status ...

In the Ararb world, authorities do have strong concerns against the ones who used to get involved in DRUG usage/trade or so ...it is forbidden by SHARIA and abhored by the public...

Ultimately, I would assure you Traffic tickets means nothing for them, every 4 out of 10 new comers hold tickets in their records..

Good Luck

NT
Old Dec 5th 2010, 7:29 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by function_analysis
Hi all, I just got back from Jeddah where I accepted a work offer as a single status Engineer with one of the most well-established/respected international companies in the Energy and EPC/T sector around.

However one amazing thing, as opposed to several threads posted here or even in the www.mfa.org.sa is their requirement for a Use of Criminal Recods due, as they said, for issuing my work visa To my knowledge other than a couple of speed tickets nothing seems to be wrong with this certificate, however I definitely need your input

I could well understand their view in case this makes part of their internal employment policies, however is there any chance this is also required from the Saudis agencies?

Please advise
AFAIK it depends on your nationality. Citizens of certain countries need a police certificate whereas others don't. Everything is logical in the Kingdom..
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NaimTakieddin
Actually, it is commonly known if somebody is intending to obtain a permanent/temporary residency status would be asked to add this document (Police Clearence) to his file ...

People who committed major crimes (sentenced or convicted) within previous five years would have some hassles before issuing the appropriate residency status ...

In the Ararb world, authorities do have strong concerns against the ones who used to get involved in DRUG usage/trade or so ...it is forbidden by SHARIA and abhored by the public...

Ultimately, I would assure you Traffic tickets means nothing for them, every 4 out of 10 new comers hold tickets in their records..

Good Luck

NT
NAIM, thanks for your kind input

Our heads are in the same place as regards the Traffic tickets which mean absolutely nothing for them. Actually, I was wondering if the Police Clearence is by definition required for issuing the work visa taking into account that NOTHING like this is written on their site.

BTW, do you by any chance can recall whether you had filed this document when applied for your own work visa?
Old Dec 6th 2010, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by norsk
AFAIK it depends on your nationality. Citizens of certain countries need a police certificate whereas others don't. Everything is logical in the Kingdom..
THANKS NORSK

Any ideas on where to find on the internet which nationalities do need this certificate?

TIA, George
Old Dec 6th 2010, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

NaimTakieddin will become famous soon enoughNaimTakieddin will become famous soon enough

BTW, do you by any chance can recall whether you had filed this document when applied for your own work visa?
Certainly, if you re a UK citizen you can get it easily from the nearest consulate in the region..

if you hold dual citizenships you must provide another clearence from your original country unless you ve never been there within the last three years ..

NT
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

I'm a UK national resident in KSA.

I've been resident on two occasions and both times I needed a certificate from the UK Police (local Police station) attesting to my record status. It took a couple of weeks and cost the usual extortionate UK.gov.monopoly charges.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 7:20 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

THANKS NORSK

Any ideas on where to find on the internet which nationalities do need this certificate?

TIA, George
No idea. I certainly didn't need it, but I'm Norwegian not British...
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by norsk
No idea. I certainly didn't need it, but I'm Norwegian not British...
Lucky you
Old Dec 7th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by irich

I've been resident on two occasions and both times I needed a certificate from the UK Police (local Police station) attesting to my record status. It took a couple of weeks and cost the usual extortionate UK.gov.monopoly charges.
It seems that the certificate varies from nationality to nationality, judging by Norsk's experience
Old Mar 2nd 2011, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone,

I need to share with you that following a two-month period of hard paperwork due for my work visa in Jeddah, the Athens' consulate denied it on the basis of a couple of speed tickets appearing in my criminal record! Needless to say that both my medicals and undergraduate/post graduate qualifications as an Engineer over-exceed their typical benchmark, however their negativeness appeared stronger than my employer's power to overcome this obstacle.

Although the work visa procedure has been undertaken by my well-connected prospective employer who is headquartered in Athens/operating in Jeddah, yet they were taken by surprise as the consular keeps on raising the severity bar higher and higher.

I am well aware of that not all nationalities are required to submit police check for issuing a work visa in the KSA, in any case should you feel there is any kind of remedy to this please let me know.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

irich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really niceirich is just really nice

the Athens' consulate denied it on the basis of a couple of speed tickets appearing in my criminal record!
If you lived in Riyadh you'd realise how ironic that is
Old Mar 7th 2011, 1:12 pm
Roving Donny fan.

Location: Doncaster, UK. But not for long!!! Where's my visa!!!
glynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really niceglynster is just really nice

Originally Posted by irich

It only costs 10 quid mate.
Old Mar 7th 2011, 8:04 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

Originally Posted by glynster
It only costs 10 quid mate.
10 quid? Are they insane? That's ridiculous. I could get 4 pints down the pub for that. I blame the government. Let's start a protest.
Old Mar 8th 2011, 2:45 pm
Forum Regular

Yes, but from my arabian original country! the funny fact is that I had to notarize that clearance from the judicial body in Damascus city and then had it attestated by the foreign affairs ministry ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.