Reload this Page >

Web designer salary in Kuwait

Web designer salary in Kuwait

Old Nov 28th 2008, 4:41 pm
Just Joined

armigesfahani is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Web designer salary in Kuwait

hi,
i'm web designer with CIW licence, i have a good experience in designing websites including flash websites.. I also know how to speak arabic and english well.. I'm thinking about working in Kuwait but i don't have an idea what's the saleries there for web designers...
can anybody please help me by writing what's the minimum salary and what's the maximum?
if anybody know about graphic designer saleries it would be helpful too...
thank you...
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Default Re: Web designer salary in Kuwait

it seems no one has an idea about it... i really needed to know
anyway...
thanks everybody...

Last edited by armigesfahani; Dec 2nd 2008 at 12:09 pm.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 11:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by armigesfahani
hi,
i'm web designer with CIW licence, i have a good experience in designing websites including flash websites.. I also know how to speak arabic and english well.. I'm thinking about working in Kuwait but i don't have an idea what's the saleries there for web designers...
can anybody please help me by writing what's the minimum salary and what's the maximum?
if anybody know about graphic designer saleries it would be helpful too...
thank you...
it's holliday today here, not many folk around, try again tomorrow
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:03 pm
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
it's holliday today here, not many folk around, try again tomorrow
Well, in the UAE anyway.
Try again tomorrow like BC said.
PS, also use the spell check, no-ones wants bad spelling on their websites.
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 3:38 am
Forum Regular

FrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really niceFrankB is just really nice

My experience might be a little bit rusty (lived there from 2006-2007) but these jobs are not paid very well. You will compete with a flood of (sometimes) good guys from India, China and something like that.
I'd guess you'll get something around 500 KD a month if you're really good. Another issue on that ... not 100% sure but I think they introduced a limit on driving license recently pending on education and salary level ... just for info, at this salary level you won't be eligble to obtain a driving license

Give you an example, I went to a shop and the Indian fellow offered me a full website (max 5 pages) on a server of my choice for 20 KD, done within 24 hours ... any more questions.

And keep in mind the lifestyle in Kuwait ...

So, you have to check my info but you may want to reconsider Kuwait
Old Dec 3rd 2008, 9:10 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by FrankB
My experience might be a little bit rusty (lived there from 2006-2007) but these jobs are not paid very well. You will compete with a flood of (sometimes) good guys from India, China and something like that.
I'd guess you'll get something around 500 KD a month if you're really good. Another issue on that ... not 100% sure but I think they introduced a limit on driving license recently pending on education and salary level ... just for info, at this salary level you won't be eligble to obtain a driving license

Give you an example, I went to a shop and the Indian fellow offered me a full website (max 5 pages) on a server of my choice for 20 KD, done within 24 hours ... any more questions.

And keep in mind the lifestyle in Kuwait ...

So, you have to check my info but you may want to reconsider Kuwait
thank you so much FrankB
you saved me from expecting too much before i go
i'll probably go and try my chance there anyway (i may get lucky) but now that i have an idea about the salaries i won't be so dissapointed...
really thank you.. i appreaciate
Old Dec 6th 2008, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

UKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond reputeUKCityGent has a reputation beyond repute

Hi armigesfahani

Ive just recently landed in Kuwait (this is my 2nd week) - Im not sure on the salaries for web/IT but I would second what Frank has said - the influx of indians in IT lowers the salaries.

The other thing to consider is living expenses and accommodation - i dont think you could find any decent accommodation for 500KD (personally i would double that ) - I am going thru this insantity and i have budgeted around KWD 1000 (and dont forget to add one months rent in advance plus one months security plus usually 50% agent fees - to a KWD1000 means you would need to place KWD 3,500 upfront !)
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:00 pm
Just Joined

Moonirah is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow ..... cash to dash away ?

Why pay an Agent ?

There are British expats here who could point you in the right direction.

Also, they would provide lots of local useful info.

Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Moonirah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by armigesfahani
thank you so much FrankB
i'll probably go and try my chance there anyway
Why not advertise in English with Arab Times as seeking employment/salary required ?
Also advertise in an Arabic daily newspaper to reach more companies.

Last edited by Moonirah; Dec 11th 2008 at 4:07 pm.