British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   The weather is horrible (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/weather-horrible-617650/)

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Jun 30th 2009 5:55 pm

The weather is horrible

I know Time Out said it's boring to talk about the weather, but I had to say this. My sibling we're coming over to visit mid July, I told them to go somewhere like Portugal instead.

And, how is it that people are sitting outside in Dubai Marina eating their dinners?

:confused:

shiva Jun 30th 2009 6:23 pm

Re: The weather is horrible

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy (Post 7712807)
And, how is it that people are sitting outside in Dubai Marina eating their dinners?

:confused:

cos its unseasonably cool at the moment

Chris79 Jun 30th 2009 6:48 pm

You get used to it once you've been here a while.
It just makes me drink more :thumbup:

Sarahb79 Jun 30th 2009 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 7712895)

I think parts of the UK may have some of your weather. not quite as hot. 30 degress and really muggy and sticky

Timmy Molloy - London Boy Jul 3rd 2009 8:16 am

Originally Posted by Chris79 (Post 7712895)

getting use to it already, walked from Marina to Waitrose at Marina Mall this morning and then back again, seemed OK

Blue Cat Jul 3rd 2009 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Timmy Molloy - London Boy (Post 7719409)
getting use to it already, walked from Marina to Waitrose at Marina Mall this morning and then back again, seemed OK

this is obviously your first year, I came out of Wafi because it was too cold today!

Meow Jul 3rd 2009 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sarahb79 (Post 7713157)
I think parts of the UK may have some of your weather. not quite as hot. 30 degress and really muggy and sticky

I cannot believe the fuss people in the UK are making about it hitting a mere 30 degrees.

-

Blue Cat Jul 3rd 2009 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by Meow (Post 7720093)
I cannot believe the fuss people in the UK are making about it hitting a mere 30 degrees.

-

unbloodybelievable isn't it !! you seen Sky News? it is laughable!

Euc- Jul 3rd 2009 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Blue Cat (Post 7720272)
unbloodybelievable isn't it !! you seen Sky News? it is laughable!

Same here, now they are worried about people dying of heatstroke and advising on the 8 o'clock news for people to drink enough fluids :rofl:

Inselaffen Jul 3rd 2009 1:21 pm

we miss the Dubai weather.
try Singapore if you want an uncomfortable climate. and here it is the same all year

Smoochy Girl Jul 4th 2009 10:52 am

And can someone tell me how anyone can actually go to the beach and sunbathe in this ghastly heat please?

Yesterday we took our dogs to the beach (I know it's illegal but 2 sets of police cars came round to see us, admired my German Shepherd and drove off!!) and ex-pats were lined all along the coast line, sunbathing. I was nearly dead after 10 minutes and my little rugrat (shihtzu) ended up collapsing with rolled back eyes after 20 minutes in the errrrm soup that calls itself sea. I thought he was going to die of heat exhaustion the poor thing.

Give me cool mediterranean sea anytime for a swim ;)

Blue Cat Jul 4th 2009 11:09 am

I am not a great fan of the beach but if I have a pool nearby I am fine, we have been swimming most days :p

Smoochy Girl Jul 4th 2009 11:11 am

But are the pools chilled?? Otherwise aren't they a little too warm?? YUK - make me feel sick just thinking of all that warm water in this humidity :eek:

Blue Cat Jul 4th 2009 11:20 am

Originally Posted by Smoochy Girl (Post 7722983)
But are the pools chilled?? Otherwise aren't they a little too warm?? YUK - make me feel sick just thinking of all that warm water in this humidity :eek:

course they are chilled :thumbup:

Smoochy Girl Jul 4th 2009 11:27 am

Now we're talkin !!