Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

We have found a new home!

We have found a new home!

Old Apr 22nd 2009, 5:43 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: We have found a new home!

Originally Posted by AUHJohn
Triangle may have handed over, but certainly nothing in JV South
it makes you wonder whether they ever will
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

We bought a house at JV Cirle and they are saying they'll all be handed over by this Dec.

We went up at the weekend for a look and they are defo coming on. I see a big difference even from i was up about a month ago.

Fingers crossed!

Mrs H
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 10:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsHawkes
We bought a house at JV Cirle and they are saying they'll all be handed over by this Dec.

We went up at the weekend for a look and they are defo coming on. I see a big difference even from i was up about a month ago.

Fingers crossed!

Mrs H
fingers crossed for you, but ask them about their relationship with DEWA
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Currently in The Greens (arrived in Dubai on 22nd May 2009!).
FunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really niceFunnyFeline is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
are you going into Nuran?
Don't have a clue where they're putting us. They (our rep from my other half's company) are picking us up at the airport & taking us to the apartment when we arrive. All we know is it's in The Greens!
Old Apr 22nd 2009, 2:21 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline
Don't have a clue where they're putting us. They (our rep from my other half's company) are picking us up at the airport & taking us to the apartment when we arrive. All we know is it's in The Greens!
more than likely with be the Nuran Furnished Residences
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

MrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud ofMrsHawkes has much to be proud of

Hi guys,

Just a little update. Just got our Du back up and running.

Moved into our new apartment over the weekend. Really chuft.

We have a leak in the bathroom but the landlord is getting it fixed. These things are to be expected i guess.

Landlord seems like a really nice guy too. Let us put what we wanted in the contract so we got 2 months notice written in and we will get the remainder of the cheques/money back if we leave before the year is up so thats good.

He's had a couple of people skip/bounce cheques etc in other apartments he has so he would rather this and know people are leaving etc.

Anyway we're very happy and it's great my mam and dad now has their own room instead of the sofa bed.

Hope you are all well.

Mrs H
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:36 am
Concierge

Hi guys,

Just a little update. Just got our Du back up and running.

Moved into our new apartment over the weekend. Really chuft.

We have a leak in the bathroom but the landlord is getting it fixed. These things are to be expected i guess.

Landlord seems like a really nice guy too. Let us put what we wanted in the contract so we got 2 months notice written in and we will get the remainder of the cheques/money back if we leave before the year is up so thats good.

He's had a couple of people skip/bounce cheques etc in other apartments he has so he would rather this and know people are leaving etc.

Anyway we're very happy and it's great my mam and dad now has their own room instead of the sofa bed.

Hope you are all well.

Mrs H

Congratulations Mrs H! glad it worked out well, now I need to find somewhere for the end of June
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FunnyFeline
Congrats Mrs H! We'll be moving into the Greens for 1-2 months from 22nd May...really excited about it now. Hope to see you there..!

Hi FunnyFeline,

I think you'll just be a couple of streets up from me.

So will this be your first time in Dubai? Are you coming out with family?

I'm out of work at the moment so if you want to meet up for a coffee or something when you get here give me a shout.

Mrs H
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:42 am
Forum Regular

Congratulations Mrs H! glad it worked out well, now I need to find somewhere for the end of June
Thanks BC i'm well chuft!

You'll find something no probs

I see you were speaking about the Lakes. I would LOVE to stay there, out of our price range though. If i could stay anywhere in Dubai thats where i would stay.

Mrs H
Old Apr 28th 2009, 6:45 am
Concierge

Thanks BC i'm well chuft!

You'll find something no probs

I see you were speaking about the Lakes. I would LOVE to stay there, out of our price range though. If i could stay anywhere in Dubai thats where i would stay.

Mrs H
it is still out of our range, 180 on Maeen 2, too much, but you never know by June things might have dropped more
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:02 pm

diablo is an unknown quantity at this point

it is still out of our range, 180 on Maeen 2, too much, but you never know by June things might have dropped more
Hi there ... how's things these days

I see on these pages that some people are finding good housing deals these days.

A question there: as a tennant - you found a cheaper place and you wanna move; can you do it if the landlord does not agree to that i.e., you cannot unilaterally break the contract. Would be interesting to see a case where a landlord takes the tennant to RERA becase he/she doesn;t want to continue to pay high rent
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:02 pm
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Quick question on just this topic...

How many of the people holding off until the end of the school year have actually advised their LL's that they are going? If they are giving 1-2 months notices to LL's, there should be a glut of adverts out on the market but, from what I can see there either isn't, or the villa's that they are relinquishing were all on the Palm etc, and are still over priced???
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

if you dont mind me asking, how big is the place..sqf wise.

My lease will be up at the end of July and so will be looking around myself in the not too distant future.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 4:35 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
if you dont mind me asking, how big is the place..sqf wise.

My lease will be up at the end of July and so will be looking around myself in the not too distant future.
I have 2 friends who have just moved here, one got a JBR 1 bed for 54,000dh, the other a 2 bed in the Marina for 85,000.

Hold off as long as you can, the prices can only go down.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 5:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I have 2 friends who have just moved here, one got a JBR 1 bed for 54,000dh, the other a 2 bed in the Marina for 85,000.

Hold off as long as you can, the prices can only go down.
absolutely....am waiting for the so called mass exodus to happen during may/june.

I've already started browsing, you can pick up 2 beds in JLT for around 90k, you can even pick up a 2 bed in the Diamond towers for 50k! Although i've been told the Diamond towers are pretty shyte.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.