Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

We are being brainwashed too!

We are being brainwashed too!

Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default We are being brainwashed too!

Check this out, we are being brainwashed by FOX too!

18 Doughty Street by Tim Montgomerie a tory loony!
Old Feb 25th 2007, 5:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to beholdBenson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: We are being brainwashed too!

Working for the DAily show must be such an easy job when you have material fromFOX like this!

Do you watch the daily show on CNN?
Old Feb 27th 2007, 1:51 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Benson
Check this out, we are being brainwashed by FOX too!

18 Doughty Street by Tim Montgomerie a tory loony!
I prefer to be brainwashed with facts like this:

There are a mere 12 Million Jews in the entire world and they have received 178 Nobel Prizes.

Muslims number 1.4 Billion.. or about 117 times the number of Jews. Based upon this 117:1 Muslim-to-Jewish ratio, one might expect Muslims to have 24,920 Nobel Laureates assuming Islamic civillization is at least on par with the Jews...

They have NINE..and one of them [Arafat] was a murderer who wore a gun to a UN meeting.

Opps...someone take me outside and put a bullet in me for sharing that! Sorry folks but if you want brainwashing....do it properly!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:48 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
I prefer to be brainwashed with facts like this:

There are a mere 12 Million Jews in the entire world and they have received 178 Nobel Prizes.

Muslims number 1.4 Billion.. or about 117 times the number of Jews. Based upon this 117:1 Muslim-to-Jewish ratio, one might expect Muslims to have 24,920 Nobel Laureates assuming Islamic civillization is at least on par with the Jews...

They have NINE..and one of them [Arafat] was a murderer who wore a gun to a UN meeting.

Opps...someone take me outside and put a bullet in me for sharing that! Sorry folks but if you want brainwashing....do it properly!
Nine...for a peace prize??....surprised its that high.
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:02 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Nine...for a peace prize??....surprised its that high.
The great thing about a peace prize is you don't need to invent anything or be creative in anyway to get one...
Old Mar 4th 2007, 3:08 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

The great thing about a peace prize is you don't need to invent anything or be creative in anyway to get one...
well other than Muhammad Yunus and micro credit you mean
Old Mar 12th 2007, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by shiva
well other than Muhammad Yunus and micro credit you mean
Well done to him.

But Micro Credit isn't penecillin, or chemotherepy, or the Human Genome project, or the jet engine is it?
Old Mar 12th 2007, 2:49 pm
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

Well done to him.

But Micro Credit isn't penecillin, or chemotherepy, or the Human Genome project, or the jet engine is it?
No and that would be why he didnt get one in Chemistry, Medicine, Biology or Physics then.

It could be said however that Micro Credit is having and will continue to have a greater effect on the third world than any of the above projects.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 6:00 am

No and that would be why he didnt get one in Chemistry, Medicine, Biology or Physics then.

It could be said however that Micro Credit is having and will continue to have a greater effect on the third world than any of the above projects.

You mean it's saving lives better than anti-biotics or vaccinations? So next time I am ill I should just pop into the bank then?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 7:43 am
**** it we'll do it live

You mean it's saving lives better than anti-biotics or vaccinations? So next time I am ill I should just pop into the bank then?
You specifically mentioned Penicillin which is largley useless these days due to resistence. Chemotherapy which only the rich in the third world have access to, the human genome project which will take 20 years to have an effect in the west and a lot longer than that to effect the third world and jet engines, something which is an irrelevance to the poor unless its to come to dubai to get screwed.
So yes it is having a greater effect as its widely available and allows people to get out of poverty and feed their family.

Dont get me wrong I think the Nobel prizes are great as is the work that goes into getting one, but it takes decades for that work to be recognised and filter down into society and actually start to help people. Yunus started grameen bank in 1976 and to date has loaned out close to $5 Billion. Microcredit as a whole has assisted nearly 500 million homes worldwide. Not bad for a non creative non invented Nobel prize winning idea

Last edited by shiva; Mar 13th 2007 at 7:53 am.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:01 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

You specifically mentioned Penicillin which is largley useless these days due to resistence. Chemotherapy which only the rich in the third world have access to, the human genome project which will take 20 years to have an effect in the west and a lot longer than that to effect the third world and jet engines, something which is an irrelevance to the poor unless its to come to dubai to get screwed.
So yes it is having a greater effect as its widely available and allows people to get out of poverty and feed their family.

Dont get me wrong I think the Nobel prizes are great as is the work that goes into getting one, but it takes decades for that work to be recognised and filter down into society and actually start to help people. Yunus started grameen bank in 1976 and to date has loaned out close to $5 Billion. Microcredit as a whole has assisted nearly 500 million homes worldwide. Not bad for a non creative non invented Nobel prize winning idea

I think pot noodles should win some sort of acolade in combating world hunger.

most of the worlds students would be dead or malnurished without this ingenius invention.

(this only goes for the chicken and mushroom variety....the beef and tomato one is minging)
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:07 am
**** it we'll do it live

I think pot noodles should win some sort of acolade in combating world hunger.

most of the worlds students would be dead or malnurished without this ingenius invention.

(this only goes for the chicken and mushroom variety....the beef and tomato one is minging)
pmsl, what about chicken curry?
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:09 am
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Chow Mein comes a close second to Chicken and Mushroom.
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:15 am
MJC
Lost in BE Cyberspace

MJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond reputeMJC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
Chow Mein comes a close second to Chicken and Mushroom.

What about Bombay Bad Boy?
Attached Thumbnails We are being brainwashed too!-bombay.jpg  
Old Mar 13th 2007, 8:19 am
Up in the air

pmsl, what about chicken curry?
Passable, but that was a Pot Rice i believe, not a pot noodle.

For those who have yet to indulge themselves with this delectable snack, please follow these instructions:

1. But C&M Pot Noodle.

2. Fill up to the line with boiling water.

(Push the spoon to the bottom to ensure water ingress, and to ensure the powder at the bottom of the pot gets infused with the water..ensure you scrap into the corners!)

3.(Optional) Although a sachet of soy sauce is included, i suggest adding another 3-4 drops of dark soy.

4. (Optional) Add a pinch of onion salt and celery salt to add flavour)

5. (IMPORTANT) Although you will be full of desire to eat immediately, it is imperative that your dish is allowed to marinate for at least five minutes whilst stirring occasionally.

6. Listen as your taste buds scream out for mercy as you enjoy this king of snacks.

enjoy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.