Way Out

Old Dec 1st 2014, 12:07 am
Just Joined

latte0macchiato is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Way Out

Hello
I have signed a letter of intent with a Qatari company, however I have just realized that I do not want to move there due to the labour law disadvantages. I am still in Europe and still did not get a visa, how can I cancel the contract? What could they do? Thank you
Old Dec 1st 2014, 3:30 am
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Way Out

Originally Posted by latte0macchiato
Hello
I have signed a letter of intent with a Qatari company, however I have just realized that I do not want to move there due to the labour law disadvantages. I am still in Europe and still did not get a visa, how can I cancel the contract? What could they do? Thank you
Tell them you have changed your mind and that you are not coming. There is nothing they can do in reality although threats may be made depending on how they take the news. Since there is no visa they can't even ban you (not that a ban would be a problem for you regardless).
Old Dec 1st 2014, 1:43 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

As Norsk says. In addition most Letters of Intent aren't binding, but the main thing is provided you don't have any assets or bodily parts there, there's bugger-all they can do.
Old Dec 1st 2014, 1:54 pm
Just Joined

latte0macchiato is an unknown quantity at this point

No I have no assets or anything there, so they cannot report me to the interpol or so? or send a lawyer letter to here or my current employer? I even did not send my passport photo, certificates, medical test .. etc
Old Dec 1st 2014, 1:57 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by latte0macchiato
No I have no assets or anything there, so they cannot report me to the interpol or so? or send a lawyer letter to here or my current employer? I even did not send my passport photo, certificates, medical test .. etc
Interpol? INTERPOL?? How much caffeine do you have in your latte macchiatos?
Old Dec 1st 2014, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

NewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to beholdNewCaledonia is a splendid one to behold

Interpol will fly you to Qatar and you will be judged under the Sharia law.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 9:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Never ever travel over Gulf airspace again. It's just not worth the risk.
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

init2winit02 is an unknown quantity at this point

What sector was the company in?
Old Dec 2nd 2014, 2:43 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Never ever travel over Gulf airspace again. It's just not worth the risk.
I think that is a bit over the top for what we are discussing. I appreciate we are talking about Qatar but still..
Old Dec 5th 2014, 7:49 am
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

In my opinion they cant do anything. Its not uncommon for people to change their minds. The worst thing is that you have probably blown your chances for any future opportunities with the same company.